GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100

Go down 
+2
motografando
Matias
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100   Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat May 11, 2024 1:33 pm

Great. Once that it has worked for you it will be my starting point.
Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100   Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat May 11, 2024 2:25 pm

Hello Matias,

the European Song-Contest was so horrible I just went down into the garage and wrote down my setup:

preload: 1 cm of threads visible above upper ring
compression: 2,5 turns out from fully seated
rebound: 39 clicks out from fully seated

My bike is a 2006 with 45.000 kms. If your mileage is comparable the state of the old oil should be comparable as well and the setting should not be too far off.

In addition I found the settings of the German magazine Motorrad testing the GRiSO 1100 when it was new (fresh oil in the shock and the stock spring on the Sachs shock):

compression 1 turn out from fully seated (way more compression damping than my setting!)
rebound 9 "turns" out from fully seated (if they really meant turns instead of clicks this would be nearly fully open, which would correspond better to my "nearly open" setting. If this should be 9 clicks instead it would be way too slow from my experience.)

I´m curious to know where you finally find the sweet spot of your setup. Please provide feedback once you got it dialled in!

Best regards,
Matthias

Back to top Go down
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100   Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat May 11, 2024 3:22 pm

Thanks for all the info Capitan 👍🙂 !
My bike is the 2007 modelo and has 55.000 km on the clock.
But I am taking the oportunity to do a rebuild on the shock, including new oil.
For sure I will let you know what worked better for me, but I don't know yet when the spring will arrive, and I'm going on a bike trip on the 22nd off May. Probably I will only due it by the end of May.
Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100   Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun May 12, 2024 2:45 am

Do you intend to service the shock by yourself or have it serviced? If you intend DIY have you got the tools to replenish the gas as well? It should be 170psi/11 bar and on the shock of my DR 650 I could use the MTB shock-pump for this purpose (Shrader valve). Refilling the oil worked after unscrewing the plate the compression-adjuster sits in on the reservoir. You just have to pump the shock until you feel no more air bubbles, then reinstall the plate with seal, apply pressure and mount the spring. If you don´t intend to do the internal seals this minimal approach could work on the Sachs shock as well. Shock oil usually is W2,5 or W3,5.
Back to top Go down
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100   Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun May 12, 2024 2:53 am

I'm going to have it done by a local service shop. The gas pressure is good information. You got that from Sachs documentation?
The guy told me he will use Motul Shock VI400 for the refill. Is it a good choice?
Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100   Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun May 12, 2024 3:06 am

Any dedicated shock oil will do, they just differ in properties. Shock oil also lasts a lot longer than the usually heavier fork oil (heavier oil has longer molecule chains that break up during use, so it becomes thinner. Shock oil is thinner to begin with and suffers less).
The gas pressure is from my DR 650. As it has no damping or spring-tasks and should only keep the oil from cavitating the exact amount should not matter much. Usually Nitrogen is used, but as ordinary air also has 80% of Nitrogen I just refill my DR-shock with air – to no ill effect during the last 12 years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100   Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3