GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+88
Street
waterbottle
Guzzi Cat
Bill Hagan
Nobleswood
Converted Duc
gshybrid
Steak
MrGPz
Diablo Loco
wardentm
Oz1200Guzzi
Motoguzzimackers
Ian p
BradleyM
Rubberbroker
dennis the menace
pkroupa
techman-001
AH Head
Scot p
remgitano
Ad B
bCraig
Birch
Grisodude
rudolf35
bumati
GUZ21
fredfrenzy
Brent S
Bulldog9
janguzzi
GuzziSteve
Lemppari
sono
FreshEgg
RightD
GNORTS
nwreed
keenerkeen07
Wet Coaster
DungeonMaster
NorthernProducer
bioman
HLMiskelly
wayne68
Belfastguzzi
Guzzi Two Shoes
guzziownr
nev
f-man
blue thunder
Papa Lazarou
Yodasoldier
ultra
GHTE
muzhik
mark111
Conor W
GuzziTwoShoes
jeremyb
Ralf z
tocino
Charlie J
LBC Tenni
Dilliw
Grisonut
Ahdammit
Omnis
Blue
little750
Hacky
boxerscott
dave taylor
Canyon Carver
H-E-ROSS
MalG
opc
WCB
bahamazoo
CPB
MrBob
cbxtc6
Pete Roper
wyno
beetle
Tango2
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Pete, will I have to get the carriers and bobbins too? If so, how much am I looking at?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:06 am

No, carriers and bobbins are part of the disc unit,
Grimeca's are 184g (each) lighter than my $1000 Brake tech rotors.

Pete, the Grimeca's for the RSV4 were the light weight unit, Pauldaytona stated some Stelvios came with the same discs, but normally the Guzzi had heavier steel carriers.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:47 am

Thanks Ghezzi.
Back to top Go down
moby
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
moby

PostSubject: grimeca front brake discs   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:40 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Just looked up on the JSG site. They still list as in stock, and more than one pair!

I've just asked for a quote but I can probably knock 'em out at $300 each if I get a discount.

Anyone else interested. BTW the AU $ is sitting at about 67C to the US so this might even be useful for some of our American friends!

Pete

Hi Peter,

If that is $300 AUD a pair count me in.

Cheers,
Ross
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:43 pm

Nah, $300 a side. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:13 pm

GRiSO took me for a ride today, to the outskirts North of Sydney. While I was enjoying the sun and hot tarmac a nice man on a white fully faired Honda came up behind me and asked me to pull over so we could have a chat.
He had sign writing all over the bike and nice shiny blue lights. He was very inquisitive asking about my name and where I was going. He also wanted to know if I had a license. What a nice chap rather strange though, normally I speak to other riders about our bikes but he dod not seem interested in this.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:28 pm

Did he give you a form that requested a donation to the government?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:14 am

Nah as I said he was a nice chap Just a little chat, then again it might have had something to do with the two stroke that flew past at warp factor 9 while we were having our little chat. The nice man in blue seemed to know him because he bid me good bye and ran off after the stroker! Smile
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:24 am

Carc protector, fitted, crash bobbins next, fender extender.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:25 pm

I was at Peter Stevens on Friday getting a new front PR4 and new front wheel bearings. While I was waiting I decided to have a perv in their showroom. They've got a few Cali 14's, 2 V9's and a GRiSO in red. I started thinking seriously about selling to old one and buying a new GRiSO as mine needs new rotors, a throttle body clean and maybe new rings etc. It's done 99,000 hard (ask Pete) km in just iver 3 1/2 years and I'm in two minds whether to keep it and fix it up as a track bike, or sell it as is. II might go in to see the nice people at the super fund to find out how much I have available tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:17 am

Buy it! cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:37 am

That's one vote for. Thanks Bill.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:26 pm

You will need something to get around on while your GRiSO's being refreshed. That one in the window should do nicely. Get it while you can.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:44 pm

"How much is that doggie GRiSO in the window"?
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:52 pm

Well, I went to the super fund and dipped in and took out enough to get a new GRiSO and a Matris shock and maybe even enough to cover Matris fork cartridges. When it gets put in my account, I will order from Pete as I know that the PD will be done properly.
I just got a costing from Peter Stevens for some work on the one I have now. New rotors $410, pads $120, labour $121. Total $651. Clutch fluid flush $60.50 and throttle bodies cleaned $363 for grand total of $1074.50. It's probably a good thing I'm going to sell it.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:53 am

wyno wrote:
Well, I went to the super fund and dipped in and took out enough to get a new GRiSO and a Matris shock and maybe even enough to cover Matris fork cartridges. When it gets put in my account, I will order from Pete as I know that the PD will be done properly.
I just got a costing from Peter Stevens for some work on the one I have now. New rotors $410, pads $120, labour $121. Total $651. Clutch fluid flush $60.50 and throttle bodies cleaned $363 for grand total of $1074.50. It's probably a good thing I'm going to sell it.

Parts seem a bit dear compared to here, but close. Labor fair But all of that is in my feeble reach, so surely you might do yourself?

Congrats on the new! cheers

Pix are due soon. Very Happy

Bill

Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:04 am

Bill, you should talk to Pete regarding my skills. He would probably tie may hands behind my back so I couldn't touch anything. I'll have to talk to him and see if he wants to sell me a new bike or if he thinks I should just buy from Peter Stevens (the new Oz importer). I'd rather buy from him and give him the money and have a bike that I knew had been set up properly.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:27 pm

Michael, buy from John at Motocicolo if you can, but I don't know if he has or can get a new GRiSO now.

Really though? Why do you want to dip into a new one? There is nothing wrong with yours that spending a fraction of the cost of the new one won't make right!

Rotors? I've got a pair of RSV4 Grimecas coming, they'll be $600 ish. Your thing has been over fuelled a bit but rings and valves are comparatively cheap. If it needs camchains? No need to pull the engine as suggested by the factory, chains can easily be split and re-joined, every Japanese multi with a central chain has been done this way for years!

You can afford to have me and Michael go through your thing top to bottom, and get a cosmetic make over done, put blisteringly good suspension on it and upgrade the brakes even and you'll still be ahead by many thousands of dollars!

If you really want a *New* one? Fine, but I think you'd be wasting your money.

Pete
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:52 pm

Alright, you've convinced me Pete. I thought it would be a losing exercise to keep it. A bit of a money pit. If you think it's worthwhile, then I will go with that. I start back at work on Monday so I'll have to arrange a date to bring it up to you. I think I'll have an easier time of convincing Heather about repairs than a new bike. Maybe by the time this one does wear out, Moto Guzzi will have a GRiSO replacement that I'd want. Thanks for your help Pete. And for those who were with me on getting a new one, sorry to disappoint, but I'd trust Pete's advice on any bike I had. And besides who wouldn't want a bike that's got nearly as many mods as Ghezzi's bike.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:32 pm

Just bought a pair of RSV4 Grimeca discs for GRiSO. $345 AU shipped for a pair. Brand new.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:21 pm

That's a great price! Cheaper than I can get them!
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:04 pm

Mark, do you have a link or was it a one off?
I have plans
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:47 pm

Don't know how many they have.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:47 pm

Currently 0 available, 12 sold...
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:32 am

Fitting the new to me Termignoni today.

Edit-that was simple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next