GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+88
Street
waterbottle
Guzzi Cat
Bill Hagan
Nobleswood
Converted Duc
gshybrid
Steak
MrGPz
Diablo Loco
wardentm
Oz1200Guzzi
Motoguzzimackers
Ian p
BradleyM
Rubberbroker
dennis the menace
pkroupa
techman-001
AH Head
Scot p
remgitano
Ad B
bCraig
Birch
Grisodude
rudolf35
bumati
GUZ21
fredfrenzy
Brent S
Bulldog9
janguzzi
GuzziSteve
Lemppari
sono
FreshEgg
RightD
GNORTS
nwreed
keenerkeen07
Wet Coaster
DungeonMaster
NorthernProducer
bioman
HLMiskelly
wayne68
Belfastguzzi
Guzzi Two Shoes
guzziownr
nev
f-man
blue thunder
Papa Lazarou
Yodasoldier
ultra
GHTE
muzhik
mark111
Conor W
GuzziTwoShoes
jeremyb
Ralf z
tocino
Charlie J
LBC Tenni
Dilliw
Grisonut
Ahdammit
Omnis
Blue
little750
Hacky
boxerscott
dave taylor
Canyon Carver
H-E-ROSS
MalG
opc
WCB
bahamazoo
CPB
MrBob
cbxtc6
Pete Roper
wyno
beetle
Tango2
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:25 pm

paulbrice wrote:
How bad were the bearings ? Mine looked like this at 16k miles from new... Suspension bearings also needed a major fettle & grease. Only thing that major went wrong with me was the torque setting (sheared it) of the crap quality soft shite swing arm bolts on refitting (doesn't need much torque & I misread manual but they were rubbish metal) - I replaced with stainless new ones after drill and tap removal.   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Guess your next stop is steering bearings Very Happy

The swingarm looked good, but then the engine has been out a few times so perhaps that came off. The needle roller bearings were dry but salvageable, i was struck with how heavily built everything was, for no real reason!

Startus interuptus is next, then take a look inside the tank to make sure that mod has been done, then i guess the steering bearings!!

I have not finished putting it back together yet, and not sure of the torque, but its easy to understand how it was built, so will put it together with the same hand torque settings it came off with.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:56 pm

A couple of days ago now, but this is Evel Knievel aka Ghezzi and self,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:30 pm

What a loverly pair!
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:27 pm

I need to do this (don't wanna.......but gotta......) Is there a thread that details how to do this?

sidrat wrote:
paulbrice wrote:
How bad were the bearings ? Mine looked like this at 16k miles from new... Suspension bearings also needed a major fettle & grease. Only thing that major went wrong with me was the torque setting (sheared it) of the crap quality soft shite swing arm bolts on refitting (doesn't need much torque & I misread manual but they were rubbish metal) - I replaced with stainless new ones after drill and tap removal.   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The swingarm looked good, but then the engine has been out a few times so perhaps that came off. The needle roller bearings were dry but salvageable, i was struck with how heavily built everything was, for no real reason!

Startus interuptus is next, then take a look inside the tank to make sure that mod has been done, then i guess the steering bearings!!

I have not finished putting it back together yet, and not sure of the torque, but its easy to understand how it was built, so will put it together with the same hand torque settings it came off with.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:29 pm

I'm pretty sure I've done a photoessay on it somewhere? Probably here or on WG.

Pete
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:30 pm

Took the GRiSO out for a blast along a "slightly" less used part of the Great Ocean Road today. On the way there a group of 5 vehicles got stuck behind a learner in a car who couldn't go round corners but floored it on the straights and as it was all double lines with lots of cars coming the other way, we couldn't pass. Got to Apollo Bay and stopped for fuel (that got rid of the learner) and then went on to the GOR to Lavers Hill. No cars. I had the road all to myself (it's a miracle) so I was able to give the G a flogging, 3rd and 4th gear up and down the rev range. So much fun. And I didn't see one cop for the whole trip. I am a lucky man.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:31 am

Good for you Wyno, had a similar trip to and from Brisbane . All the plods were sleeping in before New Years and returning home must have been having a sleep in too. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:09 am

Noice.
I'm heading to Mackay next week (flying this time) to catch up with Heather who's working there till the end of Jan. There's a Breva 750 for sale on Bike sales there for $4700 and I'm trying to convince her to buy it and sell the CB500X. Probably won't happen though.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:57 am

Bulldog9 wrote:
I need to do this (don't wanna.......but gotta......)  Is there a thread that details how to do this?

sidrat wrote:
paulbrice wrote:

I too had put it off, but actually once it was tied to the garage rafters, it was all quite straight forward and quick, certainly don't be worried about any technical problems. The only thing i had to do that i hadn't allowed for was pulling the swing arm apart into two pieces to make sure you can line up the splines again, some of those bolts were tight!!! Its an easy afternoon job and if you get stuck there is plenty of help on here.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:12 am

Sid? The shaft on a CARC bike is one piece? Are you confusing it with a Spineframe?
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:16 am

Think he means the swingarm has to come in two to line up the shaft with the bevel box splines on rebuild. For me splitting the bevel box off was major pain involving a car jack and some wood plus swearing and grumbling more than usual; putting back together requires black silicon sealant and more swearing and grumbling......when i saw Sids pictures I thought maybe I wasted my time & you could do it as a 'one-piece' extraction & replacement - it seems not.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:19 am

like this..[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:21 am

paulbrice wrote:
Think he means the swingarm has to come in two to line up the shaft with the bevel box splines on rebuild. For me splitting the bevel box off was major pain involving a car jack and some wood plus swearing and grumbling more than usual; putting back together requires black silicon sealant and more swearing and grumbling......when i saw Sids pictures I thought maybe I wasted my time & you could do it as a 'one-piece' extraction & replacement - it seems not.

Paul you are correct that is exactly what i meant :-)
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:11 am

Ah, gotcha. Had me stumped there for a minute....
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:13 pm

Got a new PR4 front today and new front wheel bearings. Now I need to save up for a new pair of rotors and getting the throttle bodies cleaned.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:36 pm

The rotors are your first port of call. Ask Charlie where he got the ones he has on his 1100? They were fleabay specials and a fraction of the cost of Brembos but haven't seemed to have let him down. Ugly as a hat full of farty arseholes but who gives a fuck as long as they work and are safe!

Pete
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:42 pm

Thanks Pete.
Charlie, if you're there, could you provide a link so that I can order some, please. Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:52 pm

Best disc for the GRiSO .................. Aprilia RSV4 made by Grimeca. Cannot buy them direct from Grimeca but only as a stock Aprilia part.

Trick is they were like Euro122 each and even lighter in weight than my BrakeTech Axis iron rotors on Bella, they cost me AUD$1000 for the pair.

Lighter rotational mass on your front wheel is very noticeable for turn in response.
Here from my Carbon Wheel conversion;

ghezzi wrote:
BrakeTech Axis Iron rotors arrived today, pleasantly surprised as they are lighter than stock.

Stock Brembo: 4mm thick, semi floater, warped and weigh 1684g each
Metal Gear disc: 4mm thick, semi floater, warped and weigh 1682g each.
Brake Tech disc: 5mm thick, full floater and weigh 1428g each. Front wheel weight saving now stands at 4.5kg

to complete the weight options, the Grimeca as mounted on 2012 stelvio is only 1244 grams. And they are really cheap. Almost half the price of brembo stock. HAve them on the daytona and stelvio, got them blue on track days but no warp. One thing, they exist with steel and aluminium center. Were I think the alu center ones are for rsv4 and steel for stelvio, but I know quite a number of people who got the alu version for 122 euro, weight here is alu version

Last edited by ghezzi on Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:15 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:58 pm

I'd love to be able to fork out the bucks for a pair Ghezzi, but I don't have it. I just blew $19k paying of GE money for the loan for the GRiSO, I'm gonna have to go for the el cheapo versions. And I didn't win the $55mil on Powerball so cheap it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:06 pm

Currently 122 Euro is AUD$176 ................. each for the Grimeca rotors.
How much are you paying for the el-cheapo e-bay lead weights?

Ok we are talking an 880g difference of rotational mass between Grimeca and stock Brembo discs.
When the wheel spins, .............. at speed, wheel weight gets multiplied by a factor of 3+. Increases exponentially.
Resists any change of direction, slower acceleration, longer braking distance.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:20 pm

Probably only a few bucks less! If that price is still current I'd go the Grimecas!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:21 pm

Grimeca you say?

Hmmm (strokes beard thoughtfully)

Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:32 pm

Just looked up on the JSG site. They still list as in stock, and more than one pair!

I've just asked for a quote but I can probably knock 'em out at $300 each if I get a discount.

Anyone else interested. BTW the AU $ is sitting at about 67C to the US so this might even be useful for some of our American friends!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:35 pm

Mark, sell your Brembos to Michael, buy the Grimecas for your thing. Win-Win! Mike's carriers, bobbins and discs are 'Donald Ducked'!

Pete
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:37 pm

Sorry, I thought you meant the $1000 pair. The Grimecas sound good. I'm going to look into that. Thanks Ghezzi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next