GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....

Go down 
+132
syspig
guzziownr
Bill Dee
GuzziSteve
iminspaaace
Buellbloke
drawnverybadly
TheMuffinMan
mikebr
LDD
knumbnutz
BobW981
Charles
SMTCapeCod
lcjohnny
Joeker80
alanlemansiv
Edown101-23
gertler
zeke81
Ulf
rick pope
Groovitz
Robinson_Spike
odder
Axael
Stubbie
Utesch
Ditchfinder
wrinkley
Griso Tom
Leone
PunkScout
WhiteGC
vee2win
saganIsMyHomeboy
melonman
kiwi dave
Paggers
hezovka
janguzzi
sideshowbob
Weißgerät
Sollep
jlburgess
BB43215
Nobleswood
beetle
MrGPz
RIKBRIANT
GuZeee
svru
davem
eeyore
Street
sidrat
paulbrice
oediehl
charliebigonions
EricS
2highlander
petarzil
DangWangi
wardentm
Brent S
Guzzi Cat
barton
Daves-i-Know
Lemppari
ultra
FreshEgg
Hacky
LBC Tenni
bradbusa
Papa Lazarou
boxerscott
keenerkeen07
Charlie J
Oz1200Guzzi
waterbottle
MalG
tarsky68
jexmatex
supercoyote
Cantaloop
jomartijr
kmac33
roam
joshct
AOAM
Grade247
Chronic
JestersInc
Josh.C
rickmain
damoru
bikesnbones
ronbo10
Overholt13
Triman023
Caedmon
Midlifecrisis
enghira
austin_22
little750
bioman
grisorosso
J1anno
tocino
spozzy
Mr Griso
mark111
Birch
msestak
Canyon Carver
Ad B
swagzz
wardest
WCB
Guzziboy66
Phang
DungeonMaster
pauldaytona
Landman
Pete Roper
NorthBayGriso
wittangamo
Grisonut
Oca
Steak
Uzidzit
136 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:55 pm

Glad you're happy.
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:22 am

Shortened stock breva exhaust.
Gutted the baffles but will replace with db killer.
No wonder they sound like a sewing machine the baffling inside is intricate to say the least.
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
wrinkley
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
wrinkley

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:08 am

Morning folks, I currently have a 2006 1100 with a Termingnoni end pipe. I just done a private exchange deal for a 1200se with the standard pipe plus a brand new Arrow. Do I offer to let him keep the brand new Arrow pipe and fit the Termingnoni to my new 1200 or just fit the Arrow to the new bike.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:18 am

I'm not a fan of the Termi, so I say "Arrow".

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Ditchfinder
Carlotto
Carlotto
Ditchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:29 am

So I have this slip-on on my 1100 https://www.massmoto.it/prodotto/tromb-titan-moto-guzzi-GRiSO/

At present the db killer is out but will be going back in once the rain sets in as I can't stop riding the thing whilst the sun is out!

I've got nothing to compare it to except previous bikes and to the fuelling seems OK above 2,500 rpm and it doesn't seem obnoxiously loud to me - I may already be prematurely deaf though as I never hear a thing the wife tells me.

If the db killer goes back in (and once clearances checked and TB's balanced) will a Beetle map still be a big improvement or am I not likely to notice a difference unless I'm wringing it's neck everywhere?
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:21 am

Hi
In my opinion the beetle map makes a day and night difference.
I put one on my 1100 breva and cant fault it.
Power delivery is better fuel econ is better and low end town riding is massively improved 👍👍👍👍
Go for it
Back to top Go down
Ditchfinder
Carlotto
Carlotto
Ditchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:34 am

Cheers, managed 50mpg (170 miles on 15 litres) on B-road run with a bit of town traffic - is it likely to get better than that?
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:41 am

I would say thats good going.
Not sure what my breva gives.last time i checked was on a 1800 miles europe trip and i averaged 45 mpg
That was fully loaded panniers etc and i weigh 95kg.the bike performed perfectly in temps upto 35 degrees.
Big grins in the black forest so much smoother torque curve.
Love it.
Back to top Go down
Ditchfinder
Carlotto
Carlotto
Ditchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:48 am

Maybe I ride like a Doris then! Right off to buy some cables then
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:55 am

To be honest im no speed junkie.
If i had lost a few mpg by installing the map i would still keep it on.it made my bike the bike it should of been when new.
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:14 am

beetle wrote:
austin_22 wrote:

Beetle, I will try the power reset tomorrow. I have no idea why that would work, but hey, I'm game.

If you have a stock map, the ECU trims the fuel below 4000 RPM. It takes a long time to get to a point where it stops trimming. If you change the exhaust, the AFR is affected, and therefore the performance, because the trims suit the previous pipe. So the ECU starts trimming again. Removing the power from the ECU resets the trims back to zero, so you have a better baseline. Clear as mud?

Hey beetle, I will be swapping out the stock exhaust for a new one very soon. Should I wait to reset the trim until I have ridden the bike to see how it reacts or is it always better to reset the trim prior to riding with the new can? Any other thoughts you might have that I should consider would be appreciated.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:53 am

You're running one of my maps, so there is no trimming happening. Lambda is deactivated.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:34 am

Thanks much!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:53 am

Me and my Arrow.... ghetto

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Utesch
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Utesch

PostSubject: EXAN Exhaust   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:32 am

Has anyone had experience with EXAN exhausts for their GRiSO?
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:50 pm

Link?

Back to top Go down
Utesch
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Utesch

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:06 am

Here's a link to the EXAN slip on:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:16 pm

That train whistle is impressive Steak. Were did you mount it?
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:52 pm

😉

Back to top Go down
Axael
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Axael

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:21 pm

Soooo I'm looking for an aftermarket exhaust for my GRiSO 8v.

After reading almost all messages in this thread, I guess I shouldn't take the Mistral Conical Short, which I actually liked style-wise but apparently I read here the "short" exhausts aren't the best for the GRiSO's.

And I also liked the MassMoto "Tromb inox retrò satin double" (here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) but then again, I guess that's not ideal for a 8v GRiSO ? (I'm really not into how exhaust systems actually work...)

So, which exhausts are working nicely on a 8v GRiSO, besides the stock one?

I'm not looking for something overly loud (a bit louder than the stock would be fine though), and I'm not looking to boost the performance of the bike (as long as it's not worse than stock. If it's better, why not, of course).

Now when it comes to what I'm actually looking for is a deep, bass note. A bit louder than stock would be nice.

Also I'm in Europe so I'd rather go for something made around here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:37 pm

For what it's worth, I've had good success with both the Quat-D tri-cone slip on and the Arrow. Both can be mapped just fine if you prefer the growl of a NASCAR V-8.

When I get a round tuit, I'm going to put the gorgeous Italian trombone back on. It's just so sexy.

Back to top Go down
Axael
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Axael

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:57 am

Thanks, Steak.

The Quat-D is definitely not what I'm looking for in terms of style. The Arrow might fit my expectations. Is it much louder than the stock exhaust? Does it have a deep, bass growl?

The Termignoni is a possibility for me too, but quite expensive. I like its sound though.

Do you confirm the Mistral short and the MassMoto aren't really working fine with the 8v?

(what's the Italian trombone you're talking about?)
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:11 am

If you want best performance, the Mistral Hi-Pipe. If you want basso profundo, any Agostini.

That MASS doesn't look good IMNSHO. Whatever you choose, please leave the stock pretzel midpipe installed.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Axael
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Axael

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:18 am

Hey Beetle,
Thanks for the advice.

The Mistral Hi-Pipe isn't really my taste neither (too modern / sporty looks for me). I'm not looking for best performance though, as long as the engine runs at least as good as with the stock pipe.

Agostini's could be a choice then, I like the simple conical one.

The pretzel midpipe is the part which is doing some "S" curve on the stock exhaust, right? Thanks for the advice, I didn't know that was so important.

Also, if I'm going for a conical Agostini exhaust, is there a specific map to install? I didn't look at those very carefully yet, but I guess installing one of those maps would be a wise move Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....
Page 18 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next