GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....

Go down 
+132
syspig
guzziownr
Bill Dee
GuzziSteve
iminspaaace
Buellbloke
drawnverybadly
TheMuffinMan
mikebr
LDD
knumbnutz
BobW981
Charles
SMTCapeCod
lcjohnny
Joeker80
alanlemansiv
Edown101-23
gertler
zeke81
Ulf
rick pope
Groovitz
Robinson_Spike
odder
Axael
Stubbie
Utesch
Ditchfinder
wrinkley
Griso Tom
Leone
PunkScout
WhiteGC
vee2win
saganIsMyHomeboy
melonman
kiwi dave
Paggers
hezovka
janguzzi
sideshowbob
Weißgerät
Sollep
jlburgess
BB43215
Nobleswood
beetle
MrGPz
RIKBRIANT
GuZeee
svru
davem
eeyore
Street
sidrat
paulbrice
oediehl
charliebigonions
EricS
2highlander
petarzil
DangWangi
wardentm
Brent S
Guzzi Cat
barton
Daves-i-Know
Lemppari
ultra
FreshEgg
Hacky
LBC Tenni
bradbusa
Papa Lazarou
boxerscott
keenerkeen07
Charlie J
Oz1200Guzzi
waterbottle
MalG
tarsky68
jexmatex
supercoyote
Cantaloop
jomartijr
kmac33
roam
joshct
AOAM
Grade247
Chronic
JestersInc
Josh.C
rickmain
damoru
bikesnbones
ronbo10
Overholt13
Triman023
Caedmon
Midlifecrisis
enghira
austin_22
little750
bioman
grisorosso
J1anno
tocino
spozzy
Mr Griso
mark111
Birch
msestak
Canyon Carver
Ad B
swagzz
wardest
WCB
Guzziboy66
Phang
DungeonMaster
pauldaytona
Landman
Pete Roper
NorthBayGriso
wittangamo
Grisonut
Oca
Steak
Uzidzit
136 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
vee2win
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
vee2win

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:31 pm

After owning my new Black Devil GRiSO for just two days, new slip-on is ordered. Mistral short conical. I read on this thread earlier one guy went 4 years before deciding to change the muffler...I don't have that type of patience! Will install and go from there on mapping.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
WhiteGC
Carlotto
Carlotto
WhiteGC

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:08 pm

I have added small heat shields to my Ipothesys exhaust.
These are simple, universal heat shields but the angle fits very well to the exhaust on both sides.
Back to top Go down
WhiteGC
Carlotto
Carlotto
WhiteGC

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:11 pm

Back to top Go down
WhiteGC
Carlotto
Carlotto
WhiteGC

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:15 pm

Back to top Go down
WhiteGC
Carlotto
Carlotto
WhiteGC

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:16 pm

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:22 pm

They look alright. It's a shame they're not black chrome. Do they work?

Thumbs Up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
WhiteGC
Carlotto
Carlotto
WhiteGC

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:26 pm

Just playing around. I don't really need them.
$12 each ...
Back to top Go down
WhiteGC
Carlotto
Carlotto
WhiteGC

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:27 pm

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:58 pm

Remove them immediately.

Cool

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
BB43215
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BB43215

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:55 am

WhiteGC, Which brand rear mudguard is that?
Back to top Go down
https://columbuscraftcocktailtour.com
WhiteGC
Carlotto
Carlotto
WhiteGC

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:38 pm

It's the black matt rear mudguard made by LGC (Stucchi) in Italy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
PunkScout
Carlotto
Carlotto
PunkScout

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:12 pm

I found a good price on the Arrow slip-on for my 1200 8V SE.   I kind of want to pull the trigger, but I wanted a Termi forever and feel like I'm settling.   Best I can figure -

Termi = Heavier than Arrow, but lighter than stock.  Deeper more "traditional" V-Twin sound (for us Americans anyway). Pretty.  Possible tune issue?  I saw where Beetle was commenting on excessive vibration from it, but  I haven't seeen any followup on that.

Arrow = Lighter than the Termi. Way lighter than stock. Not really "pretty" or anything.  More of a nasal "onguh" sort of sound.  It's ok, but I don't prefer it.  Haven't found a lot on  if it tunes well.

I'm still a GRiSO-er if I go with the Arrow slip-on, right?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:41 pm

Of course! Why would your choice of pipe condemn you to the outer darkness?

I've got a Termi gathering dust on the shelf if you're interested. Shipping shouldn't be outrageous.
Back to top Go down
PunkScout
Carlotto
Carlotto
PunkScout

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:55 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Of course! Why would your choice of pipe condemn you to the outer darkness?

I've got a Termi gathering dust on the shelf if you're interested. Shipping shouldn't be outrageous.

Depending on what you want for it, that could be very doable. I'm also thinking about reaching out to those guys at GuzziTech - they have their slip-on on sale right now for within my budget as well.

What do you call it when you have too many options and cant decide? Decision paralysis? I think the main issue is I do better when I can go lay hands on something and look at it, all this deciding from a myriad of you-tube videos of dubious sound quality and anecdotal evidence off of the internet is not good for my process.

Bill Dee likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:59 pm

Chances are the G tech pipe won't fit. The one I foolishly bought many years ago didn't, it was also ear-bleedingly loud and made the bike run like a sack of shit.

$250AU plus postage and it's yours. It's not brand new but it's not damaged in any way at least I don't think it is? I'll have to haul it out and get some pics. PM me your email and I'll send some when I've taken them.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:59 pm

The GT pipe will also require purchase of the $500 magic fueling widget. And it will still run like shit in a whirring blender.
Back to top Go down
PunkScout
Carlotto
Carlotto
PunkScout

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:04 am

Hmmm. Funny enough- prior to posting here, I had sent an email to an Italian site which had a pretty decent price on the Termi.  I asked for a better deal, because it never hurts.  I got a reply!  It's .. not what I expected.

"Dear xxxxxxx,
Thanks to contact us. As you can read, we have that silencer ready to ship in our warehouse. So we can ship immediately after you place the order.
The sliencer has already a 22% but the best price we can offer is 770€ (VAT incl.) + shipping.
Please specify us the exhactly model of your motoguzzi GRiSO."

770 Euro.... ok - that's less than MSRP  but ....

...something does not not compute.
Back to top Go down
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:53 pm

Since you won't be paying the 22% Italian VAT, I believe they're still giving you a better deal (by about 20 EUR). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:12 am

Hi all
Breva 1100 question ( sorry it's not a GRiSO)
I still have the std collect box on the bike with aftermarket exhaust and beetle map.I would like to mod my std exhaust as in reduce length to expose rear wheel and open up the exhaust inside take out std baffles.Would I need to reinstall some kind of db killer back in the exhaust for it to run correctly ?
Any advice welcome
Craig
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:50 pm

Yes.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
vee2win
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
vee2win

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:19 pm

I ran my '17 GRiSO short Mistral without the db killer and voila, ran worse, too loud, and even started turning the outer pipes ugly colors. That's before the Beetle map. Reinstalled the killer and re-mapped...happy happy joy joy.
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:53 pm

Thanks for replies.
Pretty much as i expected.
Db killer it is then.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:05 pm

As Mark and I have tried to explain a few times the design of the motor and especially the cam timing favour a 'Long' exhaust pipe and a dB killer will enhance bottom end and midrange.

I know that shorty pipes look 'Cool' to some and deafeningly loud is popular with those who haven't yet gone deaf if they don't care about others' comfort and enjoyment but really, they don't actually work as well as a longer, quieter, pipe with a decent map for road use.

Pete
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:56 pm

Hi pete
The pipe i have on at the moment gives a nice sound not loud just deep and seems to work very well with the map from from mark.but std pipe is a nice piece but covers too much of the rear wheel in my opinion.compromise is to try and gut the std pipe and reduce the length slightly.
Regards craig
Back to top Go down
Griso Tom
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Griso Tom

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:04 pm

Diggin' the GTM Meg Muffler and Re flash Tool, also dropped in a BMC filter. This bike runs as it should now. Very happy. Smile[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 17 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....
Page 17 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next