GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(

Go down 
+12
Kernow
ratso88
BowraBoy
stdunkel
Oz1200Guzzi
RedMogAndy
odder
Street
Pete Roper
Steak
beetle
GuZeee
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:46 pm

Oil cooler cover I don't have.

When you say 'Cover' do you mean the plastic grille or the actual housing itself? Housing isn't cheap, about $370 US. The plastic grille is only $10 US.

Depending on whether it will save you money I can order this stuff from Europe and send it straight to you. It won't cost you any more than buying it direct, I just make money on trade discount as I put tens of thousands of dollars through their business every year. Some stuff is cheaper in the US because of the mad pricing policies of Moto Guzzi USA but with the $US being so strong it pays to shop around.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:58 pm

Good grief! AF1 want $833 for the housing! And here was I thinking $370 was outrageous! That won't be down to the blokes at AF1 who are good people. That'll be the weird pricing policy at corporate!
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:17 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Good grief! AF1 want $833 for the housing! And here was I thinking $370 was outrageous! That won't be down to the blokes at AF1 who are good people. That'll be the weird pricing policy at corporate!

Yeah the price on the oil cooler housing (that's what I need, the big piece) was crazy at AF1 so I didn't order it. My insurance guy gave me an estimate of 312.47 but I noticed that was in pounds on the web site and he converted directly to US dollars! So I sent him back to work on that some more. But $370 sounds right to me, so if you can do that I'll take it!

I'll PM you to sort out the details.

Thanks Pete!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:31 pm

OK, just got your PM and replied. Definitely good savings on the housing but AF1 have a better price on the valve cover. Make sure it is part#GU872607. This is the earlier type of cover that you require. Later ones are different and won't work on your bike.

PS. All our valve covers are at Michael's workshop. I can nip around later and see if we've got a refurbished one. They look as good as new and I can do one of them for $100AU.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:14 pm

OK the bike is all fixed up and running great! It was pretty easy. I didn’t replace the cylinder head, it’s just some paint scraped off some of the fins. I attempted touching up with black paint but need to do a better job with some heat-resistant flat black. Other than that it’s better than before because...

I added motogadget bar-end turn signals and new motogadget glassless mirrors. Looks amazing! Expensive parts but I had a lot of insurance money to play with so why not make some improvements along the way.

Bill Hagan and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:28 pm

Hey man, glad to hear you've got your GRiSO sorted and back on the road cheers
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:08 am

ratso88 wrote:
Hey man, glad to hear you've got your GRiSO sorted and back on the road cheers

Thanks! It was a lot less of a problem than I had feared.

And thanks to Pete for getting me the parts I needed; they came from Australia in just 2-3 days!

Back to top Go down
Kernow
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kernow

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:25 pm

Great stuff Guzeee. With help from Pete via the forum a heap of crap turned out good.
Really pleased

GuZeee likes this post

Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:37 am

A great result!
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:46 pm

This is the side that was damaged. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan, lcjohnny, Leone and Bobcat Sig like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:28 pm

Looks alright to me! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:40 am

Looks terrific!

GuZeee likes this post

Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:53 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Looks alright to me! Very Happy

Yes your parts saved me Pete! I was able to get it back together so quickly and at a good price.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:23 pm

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
freewaystreak
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
freewaystreak

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:20 pm

Sweet! Like it in glossy black! Bit sick of flat paint!

Gootsz and Bill Hagan like this post

Back to top Go down
ajengland
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
ajengland

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat May 01, 2021 9:32 am

Just got my 2017 GRiSO back from the shop after laying it down in Washougal, Washington in late January 2021. The only upside to the story is that I laid it down about 100 yards from Motoco, a full service motorcycle repair shop owned by Sunny and Sandy Adams. They did a great job of working with my insurance carrier and doing a worldwide job of chasing down about $4,500 in replacement parts, many of which did come all the way from Europe. Lastly, a quick shout-out to the Washougal police department for the dust-off.

Bill Hagan, Bobcat Sig and SMTCapeCod like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat May 01, 2021 4:51 pm

Sorry to hear of your unexpected get-off, but it sounds like you really couldn't have crashed in a better spot.

Also kudos to your insurance company. Mine would write the bike off if I did that amount of damage.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Bobcat Sig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bobcat Sig

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2021 10:32 am

ajengland wrote:
Just got my 2017 GRiSO back from the shop after laying it down in Washougal, Washington in late January 2021. The only upside to the story is that I laid it down about 100 yards from Motoco, a full service motorcycle repair shop owned by Sunny and Sandy Adams. They did a great job of working with my insurance carrier and doing a worldwide job of chasing down about $4,500 in replacement parts, many of which did come all the way from Europe. Lastly, a quick shout-out to the Washougal police department for the dust-off.

Glad to hear you're back at it and that there's a good shop on our side of the river. I'll file that away in case I need help on my GRiSO.

Incidentally; yours makes at least three GRiSOs here in Vancouver. Who knew?

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2021 6:40 am

ajengland wrote:

beetle wrote:

Sorry to hear of your unexpected get-off, but it sounds like you really couldn't have crashed in a better spot.

Also kudos to your insurance company. Mine would write the bike off if I did that amount of damage.

cheers

This is a beemer R1200RT, i.e., not GRiSO, story, but the theme of your “crashing in the right spot” came to mind as I reread this revived thread.

So, Cam, a friend who has owned Guzzis, but was, at the time (c.2015), on his new RT in the middle of nowhere Montana — tho that is redundant.  Wink  Cam had recently moved to the area and had his 15-YO son as pillion.  Both take ATGATT seriously.

You see where this is going.

Just as Cam rounded a big sweeper (at some illegal-anywhere-else-in-the-USA speed), he realized that there was a roadblock ahead, in the form of a large ram.  

Not a Dodge, nor could Cam.  

In the little time available, he tried to avoid collision, but hit the big wild sheep broadside at … erm … ramming speed!

According to his son, Cam became an instant rag doll, flying and flailing to impact a bit down the road.  The RT followed him a bit end over end.  Totaled obviously, but at that point, who cares?

His son, BTW, was — in that way that explains the resiliency of youth, the value of ATGATT, and serendipitous luck — unscathed!

Ah, but Cam and the site of the crash?

Recall that this is in BFE, Montana.  Miles and miles of nothing and no one.  

Well, except the lone mailbox and gravel drive disappearing into the nearby hills right at the crash site.  

Who happened to come down to check his mail just after the sheep died at the scene and Cam lay there unresponsive?

A recently retired neurosurgeon!  No, really. Shocked  

He immediately checked on Cam and called 9-1-1.  He told the operator who he was, and said that unless they launched an air ambulance and quickly got Cam to a trauma center, there would be no need for sirens on any four-wheeled medical transport.  Crying or Very sad

Cam is doing fine, thank you, tho he has not returned to motorcycling.  He is, however, taking flying lessons!  cheers

Bill

moto, DC950, freewaystreak and Bobcat Sig like this post

Back to top Go down
Bobcat Sig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bobcat Sig

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2021 9:41 am

As someone who lived in Montana for nearly 20 years, there are places that are very desolate, but like many regions in the Western US; it's been discovered. That's to say it's a little less desolate now, particularly in Western Montana. Wildlife still abounds.

Early in my motorcycling career, I was riding my Honda CBR F4 just outside of Yellowstone National Park in the spring, which coincided with YNP Bison spring migration. As I headed down the highway, one felt the need to tag along and started to pick up the pace, run alongside me in the ditch. Ultimately, it finally slowed down and crossed behind me. It was pretty wild given that there bison all over the place, on both sides of the road.

I miss Montana.

Thanks for sharing, Bill.

Bill Hagan and freewaystreak like this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2021 11:15 am

Bill Hagan wrote:
He immediately checked on Cam and called 9-1-1.  He told the operator who he was, and said that unless they launched an air ambulance and quickly got Cam to a trauma center, there would be no need for sirens on any four-wheeled medical transport.  Crying or Very sad

Cam is doing fine, thank you, tho he has not returned to motorcycling.  He is, however, taking flying lessons!  cheers

Bill

Animals are a lot sturdier than we may think...

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(   Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :( - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Idiot rider hits car, me and my GRiSO go down :(
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2