GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

rear wheel came off

Go down 
+40
Bulldog9
ratso88
knumbnutz
PJPR01
klaas123
waterbottle
Conor W
Papa Lazarou
bahamazoo
Charlie J
mark111
AOAM
little750
Ralf z
bradbusa
RR Bob
Blue
Tod.
f-man
Stoked On Spokes
opc
bikesnbones
moto
pauldaytona
Grisodude
grisorosso
wardest
Bill Hagan
Phang
tocino
Grisonut
wyno
Andy in NZ
LBC Tenni
Oz1200Guzzi
CPB
Pete Roper
beetle
DungeonMaster
keenerkeen07
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

rear wheel came off - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear wheel came off   rear wheel came off - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:17 pm

I normally remove and install my own wheels when getting new tyres. However, last September, on my way to the Ragged Fringe, I got the Suzuki dealer at Cowra to put a new tyre on after the shaving incident. He removed it and I watched him torque them to 110Nm as per my instructions. I decided to check them today, just because. All good.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

PostSubject: Re: rear wheel came off   rear wheel came off - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat May 16, 2020 12:45 pm

Yo guys, also happened to me. Two friends of mine helped me to check the gearbox, after an accident (i could not change gears anymore). When opening the gearbox we could not find anything wrong, we tried to shift and it worked. So we plugged erverything together again. My first ride was strange... like a flat tire... I stopped. Brakedisc managed it that the wheel still was on the hub. Two bolts were missing already... and the cap. Well, this was my fault. I did not check if the bolts have been tightened by anyone. Learned my lesson. ;-) Thank god nothing really damaged.
Replaced the bolts and bought a new cap. And always check the torque when mounting a tire with a torque wrench.

But hey, keenerkeen07... you really trust the guys in your shop? I would not do this. If they would have done their job and mouned the bolts with the correct torque the wheel never ever came off.

Last edited by Cantaloop on Sun May 17, 2020 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: rear wheel came off   rear wheel came off - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat May 16, 2020 3:38 pm

Yep, happened to me on a Breva 1100 after the shop had refitted the wheel. Two bolts gone, and the plastic cover that hides them.

Shop was rather embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

PostSubject: Re: rear wheel came off   rear wheel came off - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Mon May 25, 2020 10:29 am

Just went and double checked mine with the torque wrench. Clicked at 81ft/lb (110Nm)!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rear wheel came off   rear wheel came off - Page 6 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

rear wheel came off
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6