GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Luggage, again.

Go down 
+30
Stubbie
Street
jretanacr
Laker
Fissionmaker
Grisonut
Duquois
f-man
Tod.
waterbottle
Conor W
tocino
Canyon Carver
odder
Steak
bikesnbones
Triman023
rboe
Bill Hagan
DungeonMaster
Oz1200Guzzi
Omnis
Ralf z
89millegt
beetle
keenerkeen07
mark111
Tassiedevil71
Pete Roper
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

Luggage, again. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Givi Ring working?   Luggage, again. - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:30 pm

beetle wrote:
That explains why my modified Guzzi bag kept detaching. Or does it? The base is quite rigid. Hmmm...
It locks on OK, and would detach when hitting a bump.

Mark (Beetle), I have a tank ring from Onur and looking at putting one of the Givi adapters on the bottom of my Kriega 30L dry bag.  Did you sort out the issue about connecting it?  Assume will just need to put a solid plate on it.    If I can use that, might be able to drop the panniers on some trips and go with the tank bag and top box.

As soon as we can get a forecast for a dry weekend (not likely soon), am putting the three bikes/three couples into my truck and trailer straight after work Friday - parking that up at a construction site at Homestead past Miami about 4 hours away and spending some weekends on the bikes at Key West.   The other two guys ride Street Glides so I hope my bike breaks down last Very Happy   Of course the wife and I will be the only ones with helmets (and probably shoes).
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:48 pm

I fixed it alright. I stopped using it! I think it was simply too big....and not designed for purpose..

I ended up buying Givi tank bags.

Cool

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:09 pm

Dang it, I just ordered it from Englandistan this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:28 pm

I think your solid plate idea might work. The Guzzi bag has a somewhat flexible base which is curved IIRC. It moved around too much, stressing the ring methinks.

Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:54 pm

You gotta love eBay. Just got a price from someone for some used Givi 3D600 panniers sent to Aust. 150-175 pound WTF. Uk post says 54 pound by slow mail?
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:14 am

I mounted a Givi monokey mount to my GRiSO in 2009 because there were no other decent options available then.

Back to top Go down
smddanny
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
smddanny

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:46 pm

I have the factory GRiSO bags and mounts.. are there any larger bags available that fit / work ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 5 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Luggage, again.
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5