GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+89
Hacky
MrGPz
H-E-ROSS
GNORTS
Laker
MrBob
nev
king Rich
paulbrice
derby
Cereal KLR
pensieromalvagio
Andy in NZ
bahamazoo
Lemppari
supercoyote
cbxtc6
Lenz9753
WCB
Daves-i-Know
KevinEmpire
jexmatex
diedel
ruzellio
Earl of Portchester
HLMiskelly
MalG
little750
wardentm
handyandy
opc
Blue
keenerkeen07
Guzzi Cat
eric2186
fredfrenzy
LBC Tenni
motomonster
WAKEY
Phang
Bill Hagan
Tassiedevil71
bioman
Josh.C
mark111
blue thunder
Oz1200Guzzi
joecool
Fissionmaker
jomartijr
Chaipaval
Ralf z
Trknomo
sidrat
Guzzi Two Shoes
Conor W
NorthernProducer
Grisodude
Wet Coaster
The Saint
waterbottle
Converted Duc
Birch
beetle
Canyon Carver
Grisonut
rboe
Ad B
tocino
Enzo the baker
pokeyjoe
Street
Steak
DungeonMaster
GHTE
Gr8V
f-man
Omnis
Tolle09
Triman023
CPB
Pete Roper
Tod.
wyno
Overholt13
Guzziboy66
plantboy
Charlie J
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
CPB

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:05 pm

Just got back from a 100 mile romp. Good fun!
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:21 am

About 100 mile loop as well. Roads were quiet Thumbs Up cheers

Ended up in Bourton-on-The-Water / Cotswolds. Had a pint and and looked around some old classic cars then went and looked at all the other bikes parked up. No other GRiSO's though.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tassiedevil71
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Tassiedevil71

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:01 pm

Great pics Blue.... Looks beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:41 pm

Tassiedevil71 wrote:
Great pics Blue.... Looks beautiful.

Cheers - the pics from mobiles are really good now. Think my mobile has got about 20 a megapixle camera. Set it to an auto upload on a photobucket app and all's good.

No mountains here, but still some good roads and places to see nearby. Can be on the coast in just over an hour as well.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:52 pm

Yes, great pix, Blue. Envious. I need to get out riding instead of being "here" or in the Moto Grappa.

At least in the latter, I finally got my Norge off the lift and the GRiSO on it.

Even better, managed -- surprisingly quickly, too, given my several unsuccessful prior tries -- to get the fuel line disconnected.  Now for some standard service items.

Saw on wildguzzi mention of "Piston Pete" and "Harry Hometune" as local pejoratives for (inept) shadetree mechanics in, respectively and disrespectfully, Sweden and Oz.  I'll try not to be too much of "Bumbling Bill" here at the top of Virginia.  Very Happy

Bumblingly yours,

Bill
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:29 pm

Bill your garage is well...fricking fantastic   .... I wish my house was as nice Shocked
I could live there , do you have a shitter aswell ?
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:12 pm

keenerkeen07 wrote:
Bill your garage is well...fricking fantastic   .... I wish my house was as nice Shocked
I could live there , do you have a shitter aswell ?

Thanks, but it is not always so neat.  Those were taken just before out-of-town company (former neighbors in Atlanta) visited us over this past weekend.  

This is more typical ...

But, I wanted to show them the "Moto Grappa" replacement for our Inman Park garage, the "GarageMahalo."

There, in downtown Atlanta, I did have a (partial) porcelain facility.   cheers

But now we live 600+ miles north and very much in the country ...

... and the Moto Grappa is down a 100 yards or so from the house,

That flag, btw, was for visiting German relatives.  We usually fly the "proper" tricolor ...  cheers

Point is that "the facilities" are a path for bigger jobs; a step or two out the door for smaller ones.  And, in truth, I keep a "chamber pot" that, at day's end, I empty near our newly planted tiny apple, cherry, and mulberry orchard to (fruitlessly ... in more ways than one) to spook away the deer. Evil or Very Mad

But, back to Grisos …

Notice anything “not quite right" about those two pix, just above?

OK, more than enough.  Come visit if down this way ... guests get to use the real bathrooms.   Wink

I’d better get down that shop and back to that visceral machine.  

Best,

Bill

Last edited by Bill Hagan on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:21 pm

Thankyou Bill ,
beautiful countryside you have there and I can tell you are a ardent motorcyclist ...
Keener
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:36 pm

I used to share plates on 4 bikes back in the day. Nice digs BTW! Wink
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:42 pm

Canyon Carver wrote:
I used to share plates on 4 bikes back in the day. Nice digs BTW! Wink

Good catch on the tag.  As you might have seen from the pix of my present shop, I now have a vanity tag for the GRiSO.  Was surprised when I was able to snag "GRiSO" from the Virginia DMV.

BTW, both of those GRiSO "ride pix" were in SW Wisconsin, not Virginia.  The black GRiSO 1100 belongs to Jim Barron, of Rose Farm Classics fame; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  He was servicing my red 1200 when time ran out for a trip I had to take back east to Virginia.  Jim, a prince of a guy and wrench king, lent me his personal GRiSO (with my tags Wink). knowing I'd put almost 2K on it on my ride.  I ran up to the Slimey Crud Run before going home (it's this weekend, btw), then to Virginia, then back to RFC.  

As you might guess, Jim's personal GRiSO is a stupendous machine.  Jim's magic made it a work of road-rocking art.  With the "fake" tag and a borrowed Guzzi, I was, however, afraid to ... erm ... as Jim puts it, "ride it 'as intended.'" No

Still, a grand time.

And, while I love the Driftless area of Wisconsin, this part of the world -- the top of Virginia -- is hard to beat for great motorcyle roads.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:29 am

Just got back yesterday from the annual "Fossil" Moto Guzzi campout in, you guessed it, Fossil, Oregon.  It's about a 350 mile ride each way.  A bit of super slab, mountain passes, river canyons, and hill country.  It's always a great campout and one to look forward to every year.  Here are some pics.

The Diavolo Nero loaded for bear...

29℉ and snowing when we went over Chinook Pass (Roper's done that one)

Here's the artillery for the Saturday cannon shoot.  It's a modified Oxygen cylinder reinforced with a series of brake rotors.

And here's the ammo...

Even the locals came over for a squizz.

After the cannon, there's lunch and then off to the shoot-em-up range...

Washington State rep shooting the "Clown Gun" (.44 Magnum)

My Home Sweet Home

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:45 am

Love the bottle on the GRiSO...seems to fit there somehow! Chinnook does not look welcoming, but the rest looks much better. How much kick does the 'Clown gun' give.......? Cannon is a bit mad. Cool

That rear hugger colour works well with the Diavolo Nero scheme.
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:25 pm

Looks like a fun campout, perhaps a bit un nerving to those not comfortable with shooting.
I once traded a S&W model 29, 44mag to a guy moving from LA to Texas. He had a Honda VT500 Ascott in the classifieds. I called and told him he couldn't live in Texas without a gun, Ha!
Kicked like a mule it did!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun May 03, 2015 12:42 am

Rode to Enumclaw near the foothills of Mount Rainier for our monthly Moto Guzzi club breakfast. Beautiful spring day here in the Northwest, wish we could have stayed out all day.

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
pokeyjoe
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
pokeyjoe

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun May 03, 2015 4:16 am

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun May 03, 2015 5:12 am

Good memory Pokeyjoe, those were some classic ads for a less-than-classic brew.

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun May 03, 2015 5:17 am

You can start your own Google search for Rainier Beer ads - it just gets better and better (depending on how many Rainiers* [insert favorite brand here] you've consumed)

Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun May 03, 2015 5:31 am

In recent weeks and today I've been doing lots of local riding in an effort to sort suspension damping settings, tyre pressures with a slightly more forceful approach to pushing through corners.  Backing off the re-valved shock rebound damping, with its heavier Ohlins spring, seems to be working.  Yet to get serious with the front.  'Weighting' the inside peg into turns also seems to be helping, something I had never really been conscious of doing on lighter bikes.  At least I'm making progress - a good thing at my age. Smile
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun May 03, 2015 10:56 am

I took Heather on the GRiSO to Mildura and back to the blues festival. 1116km there and back yesterday and today. 7 1/2 hours there and 7 hours back. We both have sore arses after sitting for so long, but the ride and the music were worth it. The bike is running so much better after the long ride and giving it a fistful overtaking lots of strings of slow cars. Only saw one cop car for the whole trip. Magic.
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun May 03, 2015 9:00 pm

It was a perfect day for a ride in Middle Tennessee, so I checked the tire pressure and headed out for a run on the Natchez Trace. The Grizo ran great and the scenery was magnificent...hated to make the turn to head back home.
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Tue May 05, 2015 2:22 am

Washed the GRiSO after the annual Not-a-Rally in Cottonwood Arizona. Got to see George from up Seattle way. 85 years on the clock and rides a GRiSO, naked, with a stock seat, to our Not-a-Rally. Met him last year in Datil. Same thing, naked GRiSO.

Ironman George.

His chicken strips are half the size of mine too. Asked me what might be grinding on left hand turns. Oiy!

I may have to sell the GRiSO as surely I'm not worthy. Razz
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Tue May 05, 2015 3:22 am

I hope that'll be me some day.

Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Tue May 05, 2015 12:42 pm

Did not see Street flying around on his red Christmas GRiSO?!?!

Rode out to the edge of a really good road near me and stopped for fuel. Stuck my gopro on Ruth's helmet for some pillion shots of me heaving the the GRiSO about a bit.

All I managed to do was get the gopro to take 2590 pictures of the back of my helmet!!! Operator error wins then. Will see if there is one good picture out of the lot...........

No matter - just gotta ride that road again [ there was a good pub half way anyway ]
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun May 17, 2015 9:34 pm

Needed a fix as I have got a really bad week coming up at work. Rode the GRiSO out and got my boots scraping and me smiling. Found a couple of good roads, hardly any traffic. Grabbed a coffee and headed home.
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Mon May 18, 2015 12:19 am

Got out on the GRiSO for the first time in a month. Went to the yearly British and European Classic Mcy Day event nearby in Clarksburg, Maryland. Always a good show.

Saw a Sport, a Stelvio and a few Tonti-framed Guzzis.

This Mondial was probably my favorite:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next