GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+89
Hacky
MrGPz
H-E-ROSS
GNORTS
Laker
MrBob
nev
king Rich
paulbrice
derby
Cereal KLR
pensieromalvagio
Andy in NZ
bahamazoo
Lemppari
supercoyote
cbxtc6
Lenz9753
WCB
Daves-i-Know
KevinEmpire
jexmatex
diedel
ruzellio
Earl of Portchester
HLMiskelly
MalG
little750
wardentm
handyandy
opc
Blue
keenerkeen07
Guzzi Cat
eric2186
fredfrenzy
LBC Tenni
motomonster
WAKEY
Phang
Bill Hagan
Tassiedevil71
bioman
Josh.C
mark111
blue thunder
Oz1200Guzzi
joecool
Fissionmaker
jomartijr
Chaipaval
Ralf z
Trknomo
sidrat
Guzzi Two Shoes
Conor W
NorthernProducer
Grisodude
Wet Coaster
The Saint
waterbottle
Converted Duc
Birch
beetle
Canyon Carver
Grisonut
rboe
Ad B
tocino
Enzo the baker
pokeyjoe
Street
Steak
DungeonMaster
GHTE
Gr8V
f-man
Omnis
Tolle09
Triman023
CPB
Pete Roper
Tod.
wyno
Overholt13
Guzziboy66
plantboy
Charlie J
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sun May 17, 2015 5:50 pm

Took GRiSO out yesterday to a local Honda/KTM dealer where they had a KTM Try-out Event. Joined a herd of KTMs on a 1190 Adventure R for 45 minutes. A ride on a new bike is NICE!  Wonderful suspension, smooth shifting, nice to sit high and straight.  A powerful bike as well!  

But: BORING. Yes, I think you can go around the world on that machine but why would you want to? There must be more exciting things to do.  
Best part of the day was my trip back home on good old GRiSO.  What a difference!  In a very positive way.

(but I wouldn't mind trying out a Stelvio one day.)

Last edited by bioman on Sun May 17, 2015 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sun May 17, 2015 6:08 pm

bioman wrote:
Took GRiSO out yesterday to a local Honda/KTM dealer where they had a KTM Try-out Event. Joined a herd of KTMs on a 1190 Adventure R for 45 minutes. A ride on a new bike is NICE!  Wonderful suspension, smooth shifting, nice to site high and straight.  A powerful bike as well!  

But: BORING. Yes, I think you can go around the world on that machine but why would you want to? There must be more exiting things to do.  
Best part of the day was my trip back home on good old GRiSO.  What a difference!  In a very positive way.

(but I wouldn't mind trying out a Stelvio one day.)

"Yes, I think you can go around the world on that machine but why would you want to?"

That is EXACTLY how I feel about nearly all other motorcycles.

I like motorcycles.  Almost all of them, OCC products and their like are one of the few exceptions.  

But ... besotted on Guzzi kool-aid, nothing else scratches my two-wheeled itch as do those Mandello maidens.

So, yes, "why would you want to?" That said, thankfully, takes all kinds.

Bill
Back to top Go down
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
f-man

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Mon May 18, 2015 12:37 pm

Rode GRiSO to the Assen TT-Cirquit, to watch some mates of mine entering the racetrack.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back at home, i spend GRiSO new screws for the valve covers

and a new luggage rack for all the things i have to bring to the UK GRiSO Run  Cool

Sven
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Mon May 18, 2015 2:37 pm

I Like both the valve cover screws and the Stucchi rack Sven. Cool
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Mon May 18, 2015 5:28 pm

Just a quick little hop to the moon and back, a mere 384,400 km each way, give or take.

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Mon May 18, 2015 10:33 pm

Street wrote:
Just a quick little hop to the moon and back, a mere 384,400 km each way, give or take.

Excellent Street, what fuel map are you running? affraid
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Mon May 18, 2015 11:04 pm

Blue,

NASA insists on running Beetlejuice in all our latest interstellar craft, specifically the R.U.M. punch # 666. It turns out the maps are less of a factor than you'd expect in near-zero gravity, but they have to increase the CO trim a bit to compensate for Irish Whiskey and Blues Music over-indulgence. I don't know about all that shit, I'm just an astronaut. As they say, it's not the destination, man, it's the journey!

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Tue May 19, 2015 12:16 am

Far out..........very far out, man. Cool

Is that a parachute on the back for re-entry?
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Tue May 19, 2015 8:46 am

Laughing  Laughing

How I love this forum!!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Tue May 19, 2015 1:10 pm

Houston, we have a problem...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2015 12:28 am

Did you happen to run across Stanley Kubric?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oh yeah, make sure you are regularly checking your suit pressure before you go crater carving....very important!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2015 3:33 am

I changed the air filter for the very first time today.

Found two strips of sponge lying on top of the air filter when I removed the cover.

It took me a while to figure out they are from the inner top on the air box snorkel, held by double sided tapes.

Probably for sound dampening.
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sat May 23, 2015 7:54 pm

I took a wet, foggy ride up to Newcomb's Ranch today. Also got my first speeding ticket on a bike since I was 18! The cop was very nice and we spent a good 10 minuites talking about the GRiSO. He only wrote me up for doing 80mph instead of the 91 he clocked me at. Life is good. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WAKEY
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
WAKEY

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sat May 23, 2015 9:17 pm

Hi guys, It just goes to show that nothings perfect, You guys in the states have so many beautiful off highway roads and yu's have too put the bikes in cotton balls for winter. Here in oz we get nice days for a ride in winter but our off highway roads are not as good as a lot of countries, though no where near as bad some other countries. Getting back too the TOPIC i've just perved on my GRiSO for half an hour and fitted my personalised # plate and a plastic cover over it, once you get all of the big jobs out the way (not that i've done any thing to the GRiSO) Its good to just tinker making personal adjustments and run a polish rag over them isn't it.

Wakey.
Back to top Go down
http://sw57@bigpond.com
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sat May 23, 2015 9:44 pm

" i've just perved on my GRiSO for half an hour"

Did you get photos or video? cyclops
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sun May 24, 2015 1:00 am

Went to a football tournament with my son and then had a chance of a ride on the Siren.

New cables have arrived, but still too nervous to muck around with disconnecting the power commander, and set up the new map........yes, I know........you ole boys are laughing at me......and it's all bread and butter to you.

Anyhoooo - Tenni resting and 'tinking' after a good run. I followed a guy on a Hayabusa for a few miles.

Open face plus long visor is good but you do look like a mushroom!

URL=https://s605.photobucket.com/user/ZXR750blob/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/DSC_0183.jpg.html][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/URL]
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Mon May 25, 2015 12:27 am

Put another Michelin Pilot Power 3 on the back. Turns out this is his tenth back tyre, I got 15 000 Ks on the last one. Inspected the worn sidestand . Yep its worn but should last another coupla years. They only used this assembly (rotary switch) on the first few years and went to a linear switch. In a weeks time the bike will be 9 years old, and only just run in........
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Mon May 25, 2015 4:18 am

15000 ks!!!!!
That's a great result. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Mon May 25, 2015 1:56 pm

Gday Ralf. I should have changed it out a bit sooner. Flattius centerrius , still a heap of tread on the sides though and not a great deal of "scalloping" but still stable and predictable even in the flogging rain we have had here of late. The front, which was put on at the same time still looks as new ,although no doubt will have to change it before the back one.
I had a test flight on a 2015 SE a fortnight ago. I shouldn't have. It will be a while before we have the needed funds and who wants to buy an 1100 with 158 000 Kms?
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Tue May 26, 2015 10:06 pm

Here's a photo from Saturday's foggy ride. As you know it's very disorienting riding in thick fog, so I pulled over to rest and take a piss. Walking back to the bike I was taken with the scene and snapped this cell phone pic.
Back to top Go down
Josh.C
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Josh.C

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Tue May 26, 2015 11:13 pm

Cool photo.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Tue May 26, 2015 11:36 pm

I attached my dongle and twisted the throttle. Then mooched off.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2015 1:52 am

Josh.C wrote:
Cool photo.
+ 1, excellent shot mate. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2015 5:00 am

Like the "artsy" fog pic...
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2015 5:17 am

Charlie J wrote:
Gday Ralf. I should have changed it out a bit sooner. Flattius centerrius , still a heap of tread on the sides though and not a great deal of "scalloping" but still stable and predictable even in the flogging rain we have had here of late.  The front, which was put on at the same time still looks as new ,although no doubt will have to change it  before the back one.
I had a test flight on a 2015 SE a fortnight ago. I shouldn't have. It will be a while before we have the needed funds and who wants to buy an 1100 with 158 000 Kms?

Id say that so far at 158k your doing well....how has the 1100 done overall ....curious Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next