GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+89
Hacky
MrGPz
H-E-ROSS
GNORTS
Laker
MrBob
nev
king Rich
paulbrice
derby
Cereal KLR
pensieromalvagio
Andy in NZ
bahamazoo
Lemppari
supercoyote
cbxtc6
Lenz9753
WCB
Daves-i-Know
KevinEmpire
jexmatex
diedel
ruzellio
Earl of Portchester
HLMiskelly
MalG
little750
wardentm
handyandy
opc
Blue
keenerkeen07
Guzzi Cat
eric2186
fredfrenzy
LBC Tenni
motomonster
WAKEY
Phang
Bill Hagan
Tassiedevil71
bioman
Josh.C
mark111
blue thunder
Oz1200Guzzi
joecool
Fissionmaker
jomartijr
Chaipaval
Ralf z
Trknomo
sidrat
Guzzi Two Shoes
Conor W
NorthernProducer
Grisodude
Wet Coaster
The Saint
waterbottle
Converted Duc
Birch
beetle
Canyon Carver
Grisonut
rboe
Ad B
tocino
Enzo the baker
pokeyjoe
Street
Steak
DungeonMaster
GHTE
Gr8V
f-man
Omnis
Tolle09
Triman023
CPB
Pete Roper
Tod.
wyno
Overholt13
Guzziboy66
plantboy
Charlie J
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:07 am

Its all Ok Pete, I had fabricated mounts for my guard that utilised the caliper mount bolts to hold it to the CARC. Caliper and bolts are all intact, just a small remnant of my former bracketry is still attached, within the red circles.

PS. I still have a set of your spare cases here.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:11 am

Do like those wheels and a little bit jealous of the tank range. I know the seat keeps things nice and tidy on the arse end, but Jees, them indicators are tiny ( presuming they are pretty bright LEDs ?)

Must be nice to have a one off, glad you got away with a little less attention at the end of the ride. Cool Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:04 am

Oxford Nano 10W LED's are effen bright.
Economy is piss-poor currently, should be getting close to 300k per tank.

What really perked me up when I got home was, the disappearance of the recessed directional arrow and "2CT" embossed at the tyre perimeter, when I thought I was riding like a limp wristed ol' woman.
Well, my wrists are sore.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:28 am

OK, so let me rephrase that, jealous of the 16.5 litre capacity! Laughing
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:39 am

ghezzi .......bike looks much better without that bracket thing  anyway I must say Smile
Lucky it didn't fowl the rear wheel and spit you down ..eh
A nice hanger off the tail light would work .. less weight and easy peasy ...
Great looking bike you have love it .....
Thanks for sharing
Keener
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:24 pm

Nice ride. Great looking bike. Did you modify the 15L plastic tank, or the 22L steel tank to get your 16.5L?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:18 pm

Chromed steel V7 tank, needed a whole new tunnel created to clear top of air box & cleaner on the Bellagio. A little pissed I lost so much capacity but as I need regular caffeine injections and bladder flushing it matters not.

Still need to adjust fuel level/reserve light sender unit, 9.5 litre main with a 7 litre reserve is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:36 am

'Tis a shame indeed you lost so much. From recent experience, it's very pleasant to be able to choose a pleasant & usually leafy spot to have a break, without worrying about fuel at all. It has inspired me to swap out the smaller tank with the larger sooner rather than later - just have to sort the fuel pump problem. The best on the large tank so far has been 400k & still 4 to 5L in there. The reserve light comes on around 320k. Going to try running it dry to guage the full range, then use the odometer & ignore the light.

There was a post on another site about extending the reserve sender further down, but no definitive answer yet. Putting it into the next hole down didn't make a significant difference, then the chap busted the sender & was waiting for a replacement. I have toyed with the idea of a fuel tap & an external pump - nothing as yet definitive.

Still, the range seems to a lot better than the GRiSO, and they seem to manage.

Mal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:00 am

Re positioning the sender down to the lower hole, using the Bellagio pump assembly in the modified V7 steel tank, netted me a 100 meter reserve, light comes on, you  count to 3 and the fire goes out.
Happened twice in one day while touring, first time I just made the top of a range and coasted a kilometer down hill to town. Second time I could see my final destination in the distance, laid the bike over to get the last of the fuel to the pump, coasted into the first service station on a dead motor.
Have a 250k range at high cruise speed.

Last edited by ghezzi on Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:11 pm

Well, that's definitely unworkable (you can live with it, "but it tastes like shit"). And 250k is uncomfortably short. There must be ways around this. More than head-scratching required. If I come across anything, I'll let you know.

Mal-
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:25 pm

Im goin for a ride to Mudgee. 1/2 way there the odometer will show 160 000 Kms. My bike will be 9 years old next Tuesday. Birthday Rums.......
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:39 pm

Congratu-bloody-lations, Charlie! Impressive. Nice to see someone who really LIKES riding. Mudgee sounds good, apart from that badly rumpled goat track between the big services at Taree & Tinonee on the Buckets, if you go that way, it should be a lot of fun. I'm heading to Bonny Hills this afternoon in the company of a Cali, and it's looking to be superb weather.

Mal
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:19 pm

Fantastic, Charlie!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:20 pm

Hi Charlie
160,000 , amazing, great bike, committed operator. congrats.
Hi mileage, a bit difficult down here in Tas.
Stay safe on your journys all.
Caoi
Back to top Go down
Josh.C
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Josh.C

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:11 pm

Come on 200,000.
Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:11 pm

Charlie J wrote:
Im goin for a ride to Mudgee. 1/2 way there the odometer will show 160 000 Kms. My bike will be 9 years old next Tuesday. Birthday Rums.......
Enjoy the Bylong Valley Way Charlie. I had a good time at the Globe Pub in Rylston a fortnight ago.  Took the Stone and met up with some mates.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:59 pm

Being GRiSO-less, didn't do anything with mine - but took the V7S up to Port Macquarie on Friday afternoon, met up with a few guzzi people, took in some music, stayed at the Big 4 park there (recommended - very swish) & seeing as it was such a nice day on Saturday, talked Eric & Sue into a quick blast up the Oxley & back - this is Eric's pride & joy

A much better day than when we were there last, guys, AND the roadworks are pretty much finished & the surface is smooth.

I gave Eric the details of the forum, so he may just toddle along.

Mal
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:19 am

Didn't go down the Bucketts Way, roadworks, and didn't go down the Bylong Valley which apparently is a happy hunting ground for Plod, of late. And I prefer the trip from Sandy Hollow, Merriwa way. Less wildlife, more hills and not as many hiding spots...... But comin home this morning 9 AM, 2 Degrees C and Fog that kept me at 80 Ks for the first 40 Ks. But once the fog cleared...Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:12 pm

Steak and I took the ladies to Marymoor Park last night to see Willie Nelson. We actually didn't ride the Grisos, Steve and Starr were two up on his new Stelvio, Esther on her V7, and I on the new/old California Stone, future sidecar rig for Jellybean the Sidecar Queen.

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:06 pm

What a ghastly bunch of old hippies! And we won't even begin to talk about the performers.......

Back to top Go down
HLMiskelly
Carlotto
Carlotto
HLMiskelly

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:25 pm

Took it out for a much needed ride up to Grant Mountain, with a great combination of high speed straight highways and somewhat slower twisted back roads.

Last edited by HLMiskelly on Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:53 am

Well she just went straight through her MOT Cool . Rear tyre is getting a bit worn so priced up ready for new set PR3,s or PR4's.
Back to top Go down
Earl of Portchester
Carlotto
Carlotto
Earl of Portchester

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:00 am

New MOT on the mighty GRiSO and then fitted my hew Mivv exhaust.

Unfortunately,  due to work commitments I won't be able to get to either the GRiSO meeting on Saturday or the Italian day at the Sammy Miller museum on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:26 pm

It looks huge. I mean the MIVV.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:45 am

Finally got my bike back with a new neutral selector switch fitted. After nearly 5 weeks it's so good to be back riding instead of driving the landlord's ute. $89.00 for the switch and $480.00 for labour. That's another pay packet gone then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next