GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+89
Hacky
MrGPz
H-E-ROSS
GNORTS
Laker
MrBob
nev
king Rich
paulbrice
derby
Cereal KLR
pensieromalvagio
Andy in NZ
bahamazoo
Lemppari
supercoyote
cbxtc6
Lenz9753
WCB
Daves-i-Know
KevinEmpire
jexmatex
diedel
ruzellio
Earl of Portchester
HLMiskelly
MalG
little750
wardentm
handyandy
opc
Blue
keenerkeen07
Guzzi Cat
eric2186
fredfrenzy
LBC Tenni
motomonster
WAKEY
Phang
Bill Hagan
Tassiedevil71
bioman
Josh.C
mark111
blue thunder
Oz1200Guzzi
joecool
Fissionmaker
jomartijr
Chaipaval
Ralf z
Trknomo
sidrat
Guzzi Two Shoes
Conor W
NorthernProducer
Grisodude
Wet Coaster
The Saint
waterbottle
Converted Duc
Birch
beetle
Canyon Carver
Grisonut
rboe
Ad B
tocino
Enzo the baker
pokeyjoe
Street
Steak
DungeonMaster
GHTE
Gr8V
f-man
Omnis
Tolle09
Triman023
CPB
Pete Roper
Tod.
wyno
Overholt13
Guzziboy66
plantboy
Charlie J
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:06 am

cheers

Latest Roller Hi-Pipe map is magnificent too. It just gets better.

Pete
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:49 am

Hot as blazes here all weekend. Just relaxing with GRiSO in the shade.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:17 am

WCB wrote:
As an update because I haven't updated the Ruh Roh thread, Jacquie got her G back a couple of weeks ago. The oil pressure light coming on while hot was caused not by bits from the failed tappets, but from a broken upper sump gasket from the factory that was not letting the oil pressure maintain at idle when hot. They replaced the gasket, and all is well again. The bike runs spectacularly (thanks beetle) with no odd engine noises, great oil pressure and seemingly, no blood no foul. We took the Stelvio and the GRiSO for a beautiful 250 mile Fall ride and all is right in the world. I remapped the G with beetles new roller/mistral low pipe map which is magnificent.

Great to have the GRiSO back in the garage and running better than ever.

Pedro had the same gasket blowout on his Stelvio. Wasn't detected until the sump was dropped for some other reason. He was also burning a fair bit of oil on long hauls. Random casting imperfections could be to blame, but I hope not. I had a devil of a time with my 1100 boot oiler...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:36 pm

The wife (on her V7) and I enjoyed a day of riding our local version of the "Tail of the Dragon" on Sunday. The trees are starting to turn color which made the 70 mile ride even more enjoyable. The great weather did bring out more riders than we normally see here, and waving is just plain dangerous when negotiating curves (with changing elevations) at speed...a head nod worked just as well. The GRiSO and I had a blast. I am also impressed with how the V7 performed on the run, but my wife (with 40 years riding experience) knows how to get the max out of that bike. A great day overall...
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:45 pm

Roller specific maps? Did I hear roller maps???

How cool is that. Is there more bark AND bite to be had?

(I will say that Donnie's '09 flat tappet GRiSO is a crackin' monster with the ARROW pipe and the no-dBK map, an absolute ripper. Same map and pipe on my rollered '12 seemed just a wee bit tamer, but still the best throttle response of all the maps.)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Cereal KLR
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Cereal KLR

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:50 pm

After the seat cover side split I ebayed a company in Italy that makes nice replacement covers. The foam was still in perfect shape so I sat in the sun and stretched it slowly while working the corners. Came out great for about $140 bucks.
Back to top Go down
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
CPB

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:07 pm

Beautiful October day. 72*, sun and lots of color. The GRiSO was the right bike for that moment.
Back to top Go down
HLMiskelly
Carlotto
Carlotto
HLMiskelly

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:24 pm

After riding down to the Vintage Motorcycle Festival at Barber Motorsport Park and back home on Saturday, about 250 miles round trip, on roads that were wet and a bit muddy in the morning, I gave the beast a thorough wash and a hand dry on Sunday.  

The festival was incredible this year, the best one I've attended so far.  Lots of older Guzzis to be seen, though just a few V7s.  I did not see a single other GRiSO. Disappointing.

Back to top Go down
eric2186
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
eric2186

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:27 pm

It's my last week in the Midwest before moving back to California, so of course I had to take the ladies out for one last romp (each). Couldn't ask for a better day.

The 1100 will be going to a buddy back in CA. But until then, I get my pick of the best  Twisted Evil.

Back to top Go down
http://thesunhaswings.blogspot.com
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:55 pm

cheers epicallyawesome.

Cool
                    Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:27 pm

Cool pics, Eric.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:12 am

I fitted my new fly screen and uploaded a new map, then went for a short ride. i can report that the little Dart fly screen is excellent for normal riding keeping the wind under control. It is obviously not as effective as the larger MG screen but I am happy.

I tried the no dbk mistral high map and as soon as I took off I noted a difference, the pick up was smoother down low, with what I at first thought was less power, but what turned out to be just better control. There was a definite increase in the middle and a noticeable surge higher up.

Lets just sum it up this way........ Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:09 am

The 'Less Power' observation is quite common as a first reaction simply because, as you have found, the delivery is now linear. The stock maps, particularly the -01, are horribly doughy at the bottom end no matter what you do with the go handle. Then when you get to about 5.5 you get a sudden surge out of a midrange flat spot. The great thing with a properly built open loop map is that the engine can work like it was designed to and pulls like a demon from 'Nothing' to 'Blurp-Blurp-Blurp' with no noticeable flat spots or sudden changes in delivery.

Better fuel economy is an added bonus but less impressive with the dbk out maps simply because a lot of fuel is wasted in charge transition. The performance gain while noticeable isn't worth the increase in vibration and dimunition of fuel efficiency in my book.

Pete
Back to top Go down
derby
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
derby

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:21 am

I took my GRiSO out for a 150 mile ride with my younger brother and his gixxer600.  Great mixed riding twisty roads at 70+ interstates at 90+ and some slower stuff. Stopped by and visited another GRiSO rider and ghetto member Kevinempire.   what a great bike the more I ride the more I love it.  can't wait to add a few things to make it more fun to ride.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:43 am

With a few pieces of wood, a saw and a few screws I put together a front wheel stand for daily use, just to give the poor side stand a break.  I saw the design on the internet and decided to try it.  Works very well (so far).

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:51 am

Bioman, good stuff. Care to share the link to the design?
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:03 am

Went up to Coorindi Beach to visit a mate and his misses. Took a Tek Screw out of the back tyre.... then put a new tyre on it.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:17 am

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Bioman, good stuff. Care to share the link to the design?

Here you are:

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:47 am

Battled with the Agostini for about 1/2 an hour. Fuck it, says I, and whacked on the factory deadweight. Started logging for the factory roller map. Went really fast. Got covered in bug guts. Laughed and giggled the whole time.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:00 am

Cheers Bioman.
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:10 pm

We had a nice ride today. Left the garage with the temperature at 32 degrees fahrenheit and it never really got any warmer.

We met up with our buddy who just picked up a really nice Cali 1400 and he wanted to get it out for a nice ride before the season comes to a screeching halt.

We met at his house (about 50 miles from our home) in New Hampshire.

Took off and rode about an hour North for breakfast at this cool little place. Insane portions of food for prices that look to be from 1970. Great find.

About 30 minutes up the road we ran into our first snow squall (and first snow of the season for us).

Nothing to do, but laugh, smile, and keep riding. Jacquie doesn't care as long as she gets to ride her GRiSO

A stop at Lake Sunapee for another photo op. Right after this, another intense little squall blew through. We got a lot of odd looks from passers by.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:22 pm

3 bikes and 1 great lady you got there.
Very colourful photos, autumn in my part of the world is just green.
Never have to contemplate getting heat into the tyres here either, how do you guys cope?
Back to top Go down
Cereal KLR
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Cereal KLR

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:28 pm

Great pics! Beautiful part of the country, especially with the trees turning colors. Did you get a chance to try the Cali 1400? They look comfortable.
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:55 pm

I haven't ridden his, but I have ridden a couple of others. It really is a wonderful motor with wonderful fueling. I'm not a huge fan of footboards, but it was a comfortable ride. I'd bet I would like the Audace with the pegs even more. There's an Audace at our local dealer and the thing reminds me of a GRiSO on steroids, although it doesn't have the brutal acceleration of the G.

Generally to get the tires to temp we'll just do a bit of weaving for a mile or so when we start out and a couple high speed burns. I've never really had any problems other than with a set of Metzelers I had on my Ballabio. Those goddamn things were like crayons it seemed like for the first 25 miles. They would constantly drift out on corners in the morning.

May have just been that particular tire, but I've never bought Metzelers again.

It was a great ride today and you know what? I never thought once about the CARC on the GRiSO or the Stelvio failing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:49 am

Thanks for your words and especially the pics
Boy, these bikes are beautiful
When a few get together like you have shown, it's real 'chubby' stuff, or, am I just a bit odd ?
Makes me think hard about trading in my 1100 and upgrading !!!, but, my older 1100 is just going so well and is still so beautiful.
Regards and again thanks
Caoi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 27 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next