GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+89
Hacky
MrGPz
H-E-ROSS
GNORTS
Laker
MrBob
nev
king Rich
paulbrice
derby
Cereal KLR
pensieromalvagio
Andy in NZ
bahamazoo
Lemppari
supercoyote
cbxtc6
Lenz9753
WCB
Daves-i-Know
KevinEmpire
jexmatex
diedel
ruzellio
Earl of Portchester
HLMiskelly
MalG
little750
wardentm
handyandy
opc
Blue
keenerkeen07
Guzzi Cat
eric2186
fredfrenzy
LBC Tenni
motomonster
WAKEY
Phang
Bill Hagan
Tassiedevil71
bioman
Josh.C
mark111
blue thunder
Oz1200Guzzi
joecool
Fissionmaker
jomartijr
Chaipaval
Ralf z
Trknomo
sidrat
Guzzi Two Shoes
Conor W
NorthernProducer
Grisodude
Wet Coaster
The Saint
waterbottle
Converted Duc
Birch
beetle
Canyon Carver
Grisonut
rboe
Ad B
tocino
Enzo the baker
pokeyjoe
Street
Steak
DungeonMaster
GHTE
Gr8V
f-man
Omnis
Tolle09
Triman023
CPB
Pete Roper
Tod.
wyno
Overholt13
Guzziboy66
plantboy
Charlie J
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:20 pm

I rode out to  Black Diamond Alberta , hoping the weather will hold a little longer yet, was a beautiful day for October in Alberta, the roads were clear ..played in the corners a bit with a guy on a 900 monster he was a good rider , he turned off before my exit ..would have been good to have a chat with him ...Winter is coming soon ..... Such a great motorcycle these Grisos are eh
came home an took some pics of my 1100 to show
Cheers
Keener

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by keenerkeen07 on Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:26 pm

Rode it, rode it and more road it today and throughout the last week.

Damn bike is an unrelenting hoot even in some wet weather! I give it the Spinal Tap shitting eating grin rating of 11 out of 10!

WCB, thanks for the great shots & incredible trip images Eric!

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:04 pm

Time for routine service...

In addition, went over to Pete's (Street's) shop the other day to do a refurb number on my scuffed up rocker covers.  Pete's a wizard with aluminium bits and he polished my gouges out lickety split.

Before

After sand blasting, I primered and painted them up a little different

Masking off

Mocked up with the VHT Cast Iron engine paint

Mid service

How do these Beetle mapped spark plugs look, a little lean, or AOK?

All dialed in

What do you think?

Oh, and I should probably add, 6000 miles since my last service and all eight roller tappets were right on spec 0.004 intake and 0.006 exhaust. I'd call that a confidence vote for the rollers vs. the flat tappets.

afro Thumbs Up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:22 pm

Rocker covers look the schnizz!

Plugs maybe a tad on the lean side. Send me your Arrow and I'll make you a luvvly-jubbly map.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:27 am

Looks good Steak - blends in really well with the colourscheme I reckon. Cool
Back to top Go down
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
f-man

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:51 am

Because the weather in Germany isn´t really good (4°C and rain), i took the GRiSO in the van and went to Italy/Lombardia. With Beetles new rollerised map the bike has more torque at low rews and pulls like a hooligan. There is also quick and direct throttle responce - fantastic. Thank you Mark.

Today i went over to Mandello and showed GRiSO where he was born.

Cheers to all

Sven
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:17 am

Nice job on the rockers, Steak, looks great! And Sven you lucky bastard, I'm sure we'd all love to make that trip one day! cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
f-man

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:32 am

In 2021 Moto Guzzi will celebrate its 100th birthday in the second or third weekend in September. Shouldn't we take this event to meet up there? Five years to earn the money and save our health

Sven
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:23 pm

Several of us have talked about doing just that, Sven. We shall see, maybe we'll get lucky.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:15 pm

Sven, did you try to peek through the windows at the new ones?!
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:59 pm

Hey Sven
Thanks for the Mandello photo
Somehow I had in my mind that the factory would be a 'factory' , not the domestic type location that the photo shows.
Regards from Tasmania.
Caoi
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:46 pm

It's a crumbling tween-wars fascist edifice and a bloody nightmare. IMHO they would be far better off closing it and moving to a green-field site where they could build a modern factory but every time it's suggested there is a huge outpouring of rage about the 'Abandonment of history' and other such sentimental crap. Bleargh!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:15 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
It's a crumbling tween-wars fascist edifice and a bloody nightmare. IMHO they would be far better off closing it and moving to a green-field site where they could build a modern factory but every time it's suggested there is a huge outpouring of rage about the 'Abandonment of history' and other such sentimental crap. Bleargh!

Pete

Was there in 2013 I think! and only the Museum was housed in the old factory,  Brand new factory up the road on green field site but security wouldn't let us have a snoop. Maybe some parts of old factory in use but didn't look like it!

Everyone still has to get the pictures outside the famous red doors of old building
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:26 pm

Well that is good news.

Jude and I are going over next year for the 95th with a couple of friends. Haven't been to Mandello for over thirty years.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:05 pm

I wanted a GRiSO before but after visiting the sacred ground the seed was sown and I had to own a guzzi, (Picture was taken in 2012)

Pete, you can see the plans of the new factory on the poster on the wall to the left of the red door.
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:26 pm

Pete Roper wrote:

Pete

I'd be one of those. The old factory has a charm. I can't imagine Guzzi's not being made there. Even the museum is quaint and humble. I love that the bikes still have a tie to that old place.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:50 pm

Just got home after a 50k run up to my son's place
Boy, I love this bike
Smoooooooth as
Cheers
Back to top Go down
HLMiskelly
Carlotto
Carlotto
HLMiskelly

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:11 pm

WCB wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:

Pete

I'd be one of those. The old factory has a charm. I can't imagine Guzzi's not being made there. Even the museum is quaint and humble. I love that the bikes still have a tie to that old place.

I used to live in northern Virginia outside of DC and would occasionally take the train from DC to New York City, passing through the old Philadelphia industrial area.  While the sight of all the old near-ruins of factories adjacent to the railroad trackers was somewhat sobering, it was also very beautiful in a strange way.  The design and masonry work in the old factories stand in stark contrast to the windowless, corrugated metal building factories of today.

Personally, I would rather see incentives for business to rebuild on old industrial sites, so called "brown sites", rather than continuing to despoil fields and forests.  Rehabbing these old factories would be both environmentally beneficial and would store the esteem once associated with manufacturing in America.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:08 pm

Big Damn News

Got mine back home!!!
Sean at RTL Moto in Santa Ana took care of the oil pump/sensor problem and added the clip-ons that I bought.
The clip-ons only fit securely under the top triple clamp which is lower than I wanted. It looks Crusher!!!
It makes me feel Super Bad Ass. But my wrists hurt.
And I removed the db killer from the Ago can. BooYah!!
Now my Killer Bad Ass GRiSO is even Badder than Before.

So I went to AAA to do Dept Motor Vehicle stuff for the Laverda SF I just bought. And some douchebag clipped my GRiSO with his Huge SUV and knocked it over. Broke the rear turn signal and passenger peg. No other damage.

But the Laverda has a dead battery. Got to get a new one. And my girlfriend Liz has decided that she loves that old, ugly Laverda. She asked me FIFTY times last night if I would let her drive it. I told her to get mastery of a disposable bike first. The Laverda is NOT disposable.

DM
Back to top Go down
Lenz9753
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Lenz9753

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:22 pm

DungeonMaster wrote:
........................ I told her to get mastery of a disposable bike first. The Laverda is NOT disposable.

DM

A fair statement Sir ....... does she still speak to you ? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:00 am

DungeonMaster wrote:
Big Damn News

Got mine back home!!!
Sean at RTL Moto in Santa Ana took care of the oil pump/sensor problem and added the clip-ons that I bought.
The clip-ons only fit securely under the top triple clamp which is lower than I wanted. It looks Crusher!!!
It makes me feel Super Bad Ass. But my wrists hurt.
And I removed the db killer from the Ago can. BooYah!!
Now my Killer Bad Ass GRiSO is even Badder than Before.

So I went to AAA to do Dept Motor Vehicle stuff for the Laverda SF I just bought. And some douchebag clipped my GRiSO with his Huge SUV and knocked it over. Broke the rear turn signal and passenger peg. No other damage.

But the Laverda has a dead battery. Got to get a new one. And my girlfriend Liz has decided that she loves that old, ugly Laverda. She asked me FIFTY times last night if I would let her drive it. I told her to get mastery of a disposable bike first. The Laverda is NOT disposable.

DM

Pics of the GRiSO with the clip ons please / sorry to hear about the bump!
Laverda - Yes protection is needed!

Glad to hear you have some female company again after what you have been through DM! Cool Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:25 pm

I would have said "My bikes are NON-disposable, girlfriends are."
But hey, I'm single.

And yes, photo's of the clip-on clad GRiSO please.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:35 pm

Liz and I got to an understanding about getting some rider training. She found some old Triumphs for sale online but her father advised her not to go buy some old home built bike with velocity stacks.
So I will probably let her try out the Titanium Cali EV I am getting after Liz gets her MSF course completed. AND she decided that she could probably find a cool vintage machine at RTL Moto. The shop where I got my GRiSO worked on. Smile

I will try logging onto The Ghetto from my smart phone and see if I can convince that damn device to upload the pics I have taken. I re-checked my tire pressure and found it higher than the 33lbs I like up front. Once I dropped the pressure it felt like that Svelte Sexy Strumpet that I love riding. I can't believe how much I enjoy the GRiSO. What a Freaking Kick Ass bike.

DM
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:57 pm

"Strumpet' , what a loverly word !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:06 am

Yes indeed.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 28 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next