GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+89
Hacky
MrGPz
H-E-ROSS
GNORTS
Laker
MrBob
nev
king Rich
paulbrice
derby
Cereal KLR
pensieromalvagio
Andy in NZ
bahamazoo
Lemppari
supercoyote
cbxtc6
Lenz9753
WCB
Daves-i-Know
KevinEmpire
jexmatex
diedel
ruzellio
Earl of Portchester
HLMiskelly
MalG
little750
wardentm
handyandy
opc
Blue
keenerkeen07
Guzzi Cat
eric2186
fredfrenzy
LBC Tenni
motomonster
WAKEY
Phang
Bill Hagan
Tassiedevil71
bioman
Josh.C
mark111
blue thunder
Oz1200Guzzi
joecool
Fissionmaker
jomartijr
Chaipaval
Ralf z
Trknomo
sidrat
Guzzi Two Shoes
Conor W
NorthernProducer
Grisodude
Wet Coaster
The Saint
waterbottle
Converted Duc
Birch
beetle
Canyon Carver
Grisonut
rboe
Ad B
tocino
Enzo the baker
pokeyjoe
Street
Steak
DungeonMaster
GHTE
Gr8V
f-man
Omnis
Tolle09
Triman023
CPB
Pete Roper
Tod.
wyno
Overholt13
Guzziboy66
plantboy
Charlie J
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:41 pm

Has to be within walking distance of the pub! Very Happy

We are seriously interested in this place.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's a bit weird, the Colourbond fences will have to go and the entertaining area is on the wrong side of the house but it has a useable shed and is within staggering distance of most things. Built by the same people who built the pole house we liked but had too much land with it. This is on a small block which is what we want. Now we just have to sell something to buy it!

Pete

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:02 pm

Looks like it "could do" Pete
Back to top Go down
nev
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
nev

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:55 pm

G'day Waterbottle, its interesting seeing where everyones been ,or seeing in their sheds

or how much their roof leaks etc , don't know if anyones interested in my crap but I put

it up any way .  thanks man .
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:27 pm

Regrettably, yet again, nothing.

I did (re)learn that I am too old to do this ...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Rolling Eyes

Bill
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:36 pm

Fix a plow to the Cali?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:31 pm

Dosnt matter what age we are, we always test ourselves.
Good work Bill.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:07 pm

Nice place, didn't see that there were all that many houses in town, but it's hilly, so could be hidden. But the pub has a verandah, and a river runs through the middle of town. Comfortable. Good luck with that one.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:37 pm

Ralf z wrote:
Dosnt matter what age we are, we always test ourselves.
Good work Bill.

Absolutely, tho in my case, you are overly kind.  I knew I’d fail, but didn’t much care.  

And, I’m not (entirely) crazy.  And certainly not crazy enough to follow beetle’s advice and use my sweet EV for such chores!   Very Happy

FWIW, our true accumulation varied — without regard to drifts, as we did not have as much wind as folks to our east — but mode was 27" - 30” (70 - 76cm) with none lower or higher than those that I could see.

And, as that previous pic partly shows (while I was on yet another rest break!), I did shovel our entry from road to gate yesterday, but that was just so Kathi could park on her return from Fort Bragg today.  We were just going to let it melt, as being snowbound can be a pleasant thing.   Wink  queen

Then, yesterday, when I came into the house for a toddy and hot bath, I learned that our hot-water heater had died.   Crying or Very sad  Not good. How would repair guy get up the drive?

So, I had it plowed today.  When that tractor clawed its way up the drive, made me feel as if I were hearing the bugle and seeing the cavalry in a charge!

$250.  Worth it, too.  Not just the work, but, even if padded (and I think it fair enough), these were good folks who could use some direct “non-guvment” income distribution.  He had just paid off the tractor, and was headed up the road to four more similar jobs today.  

Oh, the repair guy didn’t come, but talked me through the fix over the phone.  Amazing how simple some major problems can be. [For those who care, the vent to the outside from the Rinnai tankless water heater had gotten blocked by snow.  That meant the burner would not stay on.  I had checked on it after the snow stopped to ensure it wasn’t blocked, but failed to recheck when an “avalanche” from the roof buried it later.  Doh.    ]

So, while it is still beautiful outside just now …

... after this storm, its aftermath, and looking at Pete's possible new home, surrounding area there, and other places where Aussies roam, I ache for spring!   cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:57 pm

waterbottle wrote:
Just fitted some Arrow Ti headers. Wt = right side 665 grams , left side 557 grams for a total of 1.222 kgs. The standard headers weigh approximately 5.2 kgs.    Weight saving aside, I like the pretty colour they turn when you move the twist grip from tortoise to hare Razz
Another bonus is I believe they won't rust or ever need polishing , Mark ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />" />

Hi Waterbottle,
I am reasonably new to the forum but I am wonder how your new Arrow headers go on the trip to Brisvegas? Any related popping on deceleration or fueling issues?
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:17 pm

No issues with the pipes. I'm sure they are the same size as the inner pipes on the standard ones
( double walled ) and I have the latest Beetl map installed so it runs very sweet, with no decel popping
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:24 pm

I went for a short off-season ride today, 37*F & sunny. Incredible weather for this time of year! The roadway was dry and clear. Two feet + of snow well south of my locale as Bill has posted (sorry about your luck).[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:02 pm

waterbottle wrote:
No issues with the pipes. I'm sure they are the same size as the inner pipes on the standard ones
( double walled ) and I have the latest Beetl map installed so it runs very sweet, with no decel popping
Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:29 am

H-E-ROSS wrote:
I went for a short off-season ride today, 37*F & sunny. Incredible weather for this time of year! The roadway was dry and clear. Two feet + of snow well south of my locale as Bill has posted (sorry about your luck).[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What?!?!?!

Really?

Of course, if it were subtropical here, no GRiSO to enjoy just yet.

Yours is a gorgeous part of the world.  Years ago -- the number scares me when I think about it Sad  -- I taught law at West Point and, among other extra duties, ran the cadet cycling (as in the pedaling kind) team.

Theretofore, had never been in New England and, I am now ashamed to admit (but I was young Wink ) had an "anti-Yankee animus."

How that tour changed me.  I grew to love all of it up there: big cities, tiny towns, countryside, people of all sorts,  Really an eye-opener for me.  WRT western Mass, I particularly remember one ride (in a van with dozing cadets - they slept anytime, anywhere Rolling Eyes ) somewhere between your town and Pittsfield.  Early fall.  Beeeeeyoooootiful.  Just looked on map to see if I could remember where.  Sigh, no.

Enjoy the weather, as I suspect you'll have some "payback" before the daffodils pop ... and even after.  Very Happy

Bill
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:14 am

Great cycling of both sorts here, I am lucky to have many the routes that are so enjoyable so close to home.

I suspect that I will still be dealing with a similar mess to the one you got long after yours is a memory!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:59 am

Bill, As our house has been on the market and we have been subject to planned and sporadic inspections, we had to keep it neat and tidy. You can see pictures our house. Didn't take a real lot to keep it mickey mouse! House has sold and we start the hunt for a replacement in earnest this weekend - we have two in mind, one as yet unseen (but the ads look good).

Fingers crossed for a quick outcome, that way we only have to move the "mountain of munt" (to quote Mr Roper San) once. OK legs crossed too!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:21 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Bill, As our house has been on the market and we have been subject to planned and sporadic inspections, we had to keep it neat and tidy. You can see pictures our house. Didn't take a real lot to keep it mickey mouse! House has sold and we start the hunt for a replacement in earnest this weekend - we have two in mind, one as yet unseen (but the ads look good).

Fingers crossed for a quick outcome, that way we only have to move the "mountain of munt" (to quote Mr Roper San) once. OK legs crossed too!

Lovely. Actually, quite similar, albeit more elegant, than our former home in Atlanta.  We now live way more rurally and rustically.

Seems you and Pete R are moving to new places, tho how you all can sell before you have identified your new places is too scary for me.  

That said, we did the reverse when we bought this present place "unintentionally."  We were only scouting the area in 2012 for an anticipated move in 2013.  We then had to scramble to avoid debtors' prison by selling our Atlanta home before closing on this one.  It was a close run thing.

Oh, two more items.

First, Jim Baron of Rose Farm Classics called me to say that my GRiSO would be ready ... TOMORROW!  cheers cheers cheers

Of course, it's January, so Jim is graciously permitting me to store it until ... well, until I can't stand it anymore! Wink

And, back literally on the GRiSO-less home front, Kathi thought it would "be fun" to shovel snow.  Darn if she didn't do an embarrassingly fast and fine job of it. queen I am suspicious she wants something.  Very Happy

Good luck with the sale.

Bill
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:21 pm

Another day in paradise,(paradise of America that is)- 45*F though not so sunny.
Stop in at the Pie Bar if you are in this neck of the woods!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:30 pm

Time to give till it hurts, Bill
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:14 pm

H E Ross : Nice bike, and now I'm hungry Razz

Bill : That's a very pretty part of the world you live in, but hard work in winter i'll bet, my wife loves your home

Tony : You Sold the house cheers New house found yet ? House warming party cheers drunken This could be a Cabal ???? ( I'll bring a present ) Tee Hee

Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:58 pm

Gave the GRiSO a bath today, literally. We had 42mm (nearly 2 inches) of rain today, and coming home some of the dual lane highway was under a foot of water. The bike (and I) got thoroughly soaked but the bike just kept on going. Got to love a bike like that.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:02 am

Well the weather bureau is now classing the storm that hit Geelong as a once in a century storm. Some of the underpasses near the Geelong railway station were under 8 feet of water. I think that might be a bit much even for me. And the GRiSO has just hit 70,000km.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:18 am

Gees, now you know why I chickened out on a southern tour. I scampered north to home on the only dry day forecast for the next week.
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:37 pm

Gday Wyno, from what they showed on the idiot box yer lucky to not be aglub.
I started my 1100 today, first time in 4 months. I was blown away by how quiet it is mechanically, compared to the 1200. Bustin for a ride on the 1100
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:06 pm

So today.
I Rode The Damn Thing! Smile

After my drop in December my knee was real stiff. Didn't ride for a few weeks. And when I did ride it was the 2003 Cali.
Which is a very comfortable ride.
And they both beat with the 1100cc motor.

But....
The GRiSO is a smoother roaring beast!!
Even though they have the same motor they have different hearts.
I love my GRiSO.

DM
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:51 am

DungeonMaster wrote:

............I love my GRiSO.

DM

cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next