GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+88
Street
waterbottle
Guzzi Cat
Bill Hagan
Nobleswood
Converted Duc
gshybrid
Steak
MrGPz
Diablo Loco
wardentm
Oz1200Guzzi
Motoguzzimackers
Ian p
BradleyM
Rubberbroker
dennis the menace
pkroupa
techman-001
AH Head
Scot p
remgitano
Ad B
bCraig
Birch
Grisodude
rudolf35
bumati
GUZ21
fredfrenzy
Brent S
Bulldog9
janguzzi
GuzziSteve
Lemppari
sono
FreshEgg
RightD
GNORTS
nwreed
keenerkeen07
Wet Coaster
DungeonMaster
NorthernProducer
bioman
HLMiskelly
wayne68
Belfastguzzi
Guzzi Two Shoes
guzziownr
nev
f-man
blue thunder
Papa Lazarou
Yodasoldier
ultra
GHTE
muzhik
mark111
Conor W
GuzziTwoShoes
jeremyb
Ralf z
tocino
Charlie J
LBC Tenni
Dilliw
Grisonut
Ahdammit
Omnis
Blue
little750
Hacky
boxerscott
dave taylor
Canyon Carver
H-E-ROSS
MalG
opc
WCB
bahamazoo
CPB
MrBob
cbxtc6
Pete Roper
wyno
beetle
Tango2
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:40 am

Hacky wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:
Sold my old SP1000 last weekend so I treated myself to a set of Matris cartridges for the GRiSO! cheers

Pete

Improvement Pete? Worth the investment?

Mark reckons they are the dog's bollocks. Mine will be here, I hope, before the SA trip.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:06 am

Pete Roper wrote:

They look like a bucket of boiling shite. cherry

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:27 pm

Put a new foot brake lever on as a result of a female dingbat driver reversing into me at the servo.
Now fixed the RH indicator and Pazzo hand brake lever. All good, no body damage as the car hit my left calf at no more than 5km and the bike fell on top of me-slight shoulder issue to sort out but all is good. Main thing is the little Darling is back in pristine condition.
Just an update- put a Stelvio shock in for an Easter Trip (where/when I was smacked). Best update to my bike after Petes mapping. the little 850 is just so sweet a ride now. Front and rear end in harmony-amazing improvement. Also the rear end is about an inch higher , as a consequence I am no lobger touching down on my side stand and pegs. Can also run lower pegs too.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:57 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
beetle wrote:
Installed the most regrettable crash bars. A test fitting really. Pete has offered the use of his catamite to weld up some mods I want to add - extra bracing etc. Undecided on the appearance.

They look like a bucket of boiling shite. cherry

Pete

They don't look that bad - function over form I say.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:03 am

Found the leaking fork seal I'd thought I'd un-leaked is leaking again. Arse! Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:00 am

We'll fixerate it while we swap the BE shells.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Two Shoes
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Guzzi Two Shoes

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:43 pm

Yodasoldier wrote:
FItted the number plate light to the carc plate holder, I know it's only a number plate light but was quite a nice fleabay find. Made a plate to fit the Carc bracket to hold the light and wired it up.....ooh it's quite bright! Losing the luggage rack tomorrow and may fit the front indicators, which have arrived. Going to give the 68s map a go also, thanks Beetle!

Love that arrangement at the back. How did you route the wiring to the No. Plate light?
Back to top Go down
nev
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
nev

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:27 pm

My daughter wants to get her motorcycle lic. so on her way through to Gerraldton  for work  she called by
and we went for  100 km taste test .
She took the "Old Farm Bike" because its quite light
Back to top Go down
ultra
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
ultra

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:44 pm

Went for a rather quick and chilly one, and first time I've noticed the snowflake. Can't wait for warmer temperatures.
Back to top Go down
Yodasoldier
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yodasoldier

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:39 pm

Love that arrangement at the back. How did you route the wiring to the No. Plate light?

The carc mount is hollow and has a hole at the plate mount end and also at the bottom calliper bolt. So the wire can be pushed through the mount. Just routed the cable along the brake line and speedo sensor, and secured with cable ties, routed up past the shock and along under the seat unit /tail, and joined to the original plate light plug.
Back to top Go down
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:11 pm

Nothing, but I did this a couple of weeks ago, thinking that instead of pissin and moanin on here about the major topic  I would put it before a wider forum.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"an impending engine failure"

In this weeks mcn, hey ho an experts column about the issue  albeit one which misleads the reader into thinking that Piaggio will support any claim.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Belfastguzzi
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Belfastguzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:02 am

Polished it

Back to top Go down
wayne68
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
wayne68

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:35 pm

Painted my covers after rollerisation
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:56 am

Luggage rack on, went for a ride near home: Bear Mt. State Park, NY, USA
Back to top Go down
dave taylor
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
dave taylor

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:34 am

unfortunately I have sold the big mandarin. unlike all you long people the reach to the handlebars was too much to bear.
imagine stretching your arms full distance for any amount of time whilst riding, with wind resistance into the equation and you may get an idea of how I felt. I fitted the blocks under the risers, narrow handlebars, still no good. The only other mod I would need was to bring the bars at least 4" closer which would have required a lot of handlebar extension, cable and hydraulic line lengthening which was really out of the question. It is unfortunate as I rode both Pete Ropers GRiSO's when he first bought them and loved them but that was when I was a bit more supple . It's a shame that bikes are made to fit average size, but never mind I still have my old 850.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:17 pm

And Dave, as I said at the pub, there is a modern bike out there with your name on it. The GRiSO just wasn't for you. C'est la vie.

Pete

PS. I still think you should try a V7.
Back to top Go down
HLMiskelly
Carlotto
Carlotto
HLMiskelly

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:45 pm

Took advantage of the good weather and a lunch break to ride the "Bestia Folle" to the local fishing hole.  Nice short ride.

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:54 pm

Pondered where and how to put these on the GRiSO.

Anyone done this already?

I have Motolites on my Norge and believe the "locomotive triangulation" is a big help with conspicuity.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [Tho I ordered the "white" version.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bill

Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:23 pm

Those look really interesting, Bill!!  Let me know when you have figured out what is the best way to connect the wires - I may order a pair myself.

How about here:

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:34 pm

I like your placement suggestion, but -- subject to long leads looking ugly -- am inclined to mount down further, nearer to the axle.

It is that marked triangulation that seems (as I understand the data, such as it is) to have the greatest effect on cagers.  

Motorcycles lack "vehicular presence," thus somehow the lights in a large triangle add depth-of-field to our one-dimensional and more distant appearance to someone about to turn left in front of us or pull out from a side road.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:46 am

Well I finally got around to modifying the LH pannier mounting bracket so I can use my Tekno bags with the Mistral high pipe. With Michael and Miss Fitz help we took a slightly different approach to how Mark tackled the same problem but the end result is the same.

The bag frames don't bugger up the lines of the bike too much. That was one of the things I don't like about rear racks. Sure they are practical but they bugger up the lines something fierce. While not as deep as the 'Factory' bags, (Which incidentally are made by Tekno.) these ones which were originally for the V11 expand sideways to almost twice their shown size! Talk about Billy Bargearse! Laughing

Pete

PS. I also got around to pissing off the godawful Oxford heated handgrips on my POS. I coughed and bought the Guzzi ones for the Norge/1200 Sport. Unfortunately the controller for the Oxfords had shat the bed and the GRiSO doesn't have a factory provision for heated grips so I had to buy another set of Oxfords for the controller, Grrrr. Anyway, if anybody has a use for a pair of Oxford handlebar heated grips without a controller or plugs let me know.

Back to top Go down
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:04 am

Received my modified shock, revalued with Spring upgrade, back from Teknik Motorsport. Yet to reset the riders and static sag but initial test ride indicates a significant improvement over the OEM unmodified shock. Nick from Teknik said he could not believe a modern day bike would be sold with have such a undeveloped and poor performing shock.

Should add that removing and refitting the shock on the GRiSO isn't quite as easy, actually far more difficult although that may have just been from my lack of knowledge on how to do the removal, as it was on my Ninja 1000.
Back to top Go down
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:15 am

Hacky wrote:
Received my modified shock, revalued with Spring upgrade, back from Teknik Motorsport. Yet to reset the riders and static sag but initial test ride indicates a significant improvement over the OEM unmodified shock. Nick from Teknik said he could not believe a modern day bike would be sold with have such a undeveloped and poor performing shock.

Should add that removing and refitting the shock on the GRiSO isn't quite as easy, actually far more difficult although that may have just been from my lack of knowledge on how to do the removal, as it was on my Ninja 1000.

Actually what are the static and rider sag settings? Teknik hadn't modified a GRiSO Shock before apparently.
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:45 am

ent on a ride from Tauranga to Dannevirke yesterday, changed a battery in a PLC this morning, then rode back to Tauranga via Gisborne all up 1100 Kms. GRiSO didn't miss a beat.

Lake Rotorua from Hamurana looking towards Rotorua

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] border="0" alt=""/>

Western access road, Lake Taupo in the distance

On site at a Sawmill, Timber drying Kilns

Whirinaki, looking across Hawkes Bay to Napier

One day i'll grab some pics through the Waioeka gorge, but not today
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:00 pm

Hacky wrote:

Did you go out through the top, bottom or side?  I have done it several times now on three different Grisos ('09, '07 and '13) and I find that tipping up the airbox and pulling it straight up is easiest.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next