GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+88
Street
waterbottle
Guzzi Cat
Bill Hagan
Nobleswood
Converted Duc
gshybrid
Steak
MrGPz
Diablo Loco
wardentm
Oz1200Guzzi
Motoguzzimackers
Ian p
BradleyM
Rubberbroker
dennis the menace
pkroupa
techman-001
AH Head
Scot p
remgitano
Ad B
bCraig
Birch
Grisodude
rudolf35
bumati
GUZ21
fredfrenzy
Brent S
Bulldog9
janguzzi
GuzziSteve
Lemppari
sono
FreshEgg
RightD
GNORTS
nwreed
keenerkeen07
Wet Coaster
DungeonMaster
NorthernProducer
bioman
HLMiskelly
wayne68
Belfastguzzi
Guzzi Two Shoes
guzziownr
nev
f-man
blue thunder
Papa Lazarou
Yodasoldier
ultra
GHTE
muzhik
mark111
Conor W
GuzziTwoShoes
jeremyb
Ralf z
tocino
Charlie J
LBC Tenni
Dilliw
Grisonut
Ahdammit
Omnis
Blue
little750
Hacky
boxerscott
dave taylor
Canyon Carver
H-E-ROSS
MalG
opc
WCB
bahamazoo
CPB
MrBob
cbxtc6
Pete Roper
wyno
beetle
Tango2
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:30 am

West Point ride today:  Bear left at the "unexploded ordnance" sign

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:58 am

As you know, I had 1" risers on my '12 GRiSO with the stock bars. I recently mounted Aprilla Mana bars as recommended by one of the other old farts here because they give more rise and pullback. I had to remove the 1" riser spacers to do so because of cable/brake line limitations. That left me with two useless risers.
I took them to a machine shop and had the guy cut one in half! I will mount the now less than 1/2" spacers today! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:34 pm

guzziownr wrote:
Hacky wrote:

Should add that removing and refitting the shock on the GRiSO isn't quite as easy, actually far more difficult although that may have just been from my lack of knowledge on how to do the removal, as it was on my Ninja 1000.

Did you go out through the top, bottom or side?  I have done it several times now on three different Grisos ('09, '07 and '13) and I find that tipping up the airbox and pulling it straight up is easiest.

After taking off the rear cowl and removing the underbody rear mud guard plastic bits and number plate assembly I then realised I still couldn't get to the top shock absorber bolt so I then removed the battery and box and then lifted the air filter box to gain access as in your pic. I surprised myself when it all went back together a week later without any missing bolts or clips.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:20 pm

After changing my fork seals, I went for a ride. Tried out my new replacement helmet, and didn't even drop my head on the tarmac.

I was so happy, when I got home I made Anzac biscuits. cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:05 am

Did a loop from home to Brisbane, Warwick , then the back way home to gladstone. 2 days and 1200 kms return. The best way to clear the work worries out of your noggin cheers
Visited some friends at Morgan Raceway. Didn't get to ride, limited numbers and it booked out early[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].

The GRiSO attracted a bit of interest

Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:49 am

haha, that loop used to be my commute!
hope you didn't stay on the Bruce, and zoomed along the A3 instead...
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:11 am

The A3 up to Ban Ban Springs then across to the Bruce near Gin Gin, had to slow down then . This thing does consume a fair bit of fuel when ridden at 5 - 5 1/2 K rpm for hrs Razz
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:49 pm

It was a perfect day for a ride in Middle Tennessee today. I pulled out the GRiSO from its winter "slumber" and prepped my wife's V7 and off we went. We enjoyed a great 100 mile ride through the hills and curves found in my area. Funny, she turned 70 a few weeks ago and I'll do the same in a few weeks and I don't think we've missed an opportunity to ride!
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:44 pm

Three for dinner tonight, Mai Fun and Chinese spare ribs.  Blackcat was just back from "The Gathering of the Nortons" in Washington's crossing PA, USA on his Lemans II

Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:33 pm

This was more "what did I do this weekend"

I trailered my 1100 from the apartment down In Van Nuys up to my house in Hesperia yesterday (Sat Apr 16) and I stopped by Pro Italia to get valve cover gaskets and spark plug guards and spark plugs and spark plug caps.

The caps and guards were on order.

So I replaced the damaged right valve cover gasket and spark plug today plus tightened the exhaust system too and I took the beast for the first ride in a few months.

Wow. I can't believe how much I love this bike over the 1100cc Cali that I got.
Hell, let's face it; I am a Gen-U-Ine motorcycle slut and I have ridden many different machines over the years. Almost all have left some kind of void. Something missing.
Not the GRiSO!!

I only went for a mile or two so my appraisal that the oil leak is solved may be premature. But I sure did like todays ride!!

DM
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:12 pm

Received my tank bag ring in today's mail - THANK YOU ONUR! Mounted it in no time at all and clipped my new GIVI 15 litre bag on top and I'm good to go. What a great system.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:15 am

Street wrote:
Received my tank bag ring in today's mail - THANK YOU ONUR! Mounted it in no time at all and clipped my new GIVI 15 litre bag on top and I'm good to go. What a great system.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

After just having riden 1100 kays last week, the only issue i can see with having a tank bag, is not being able to get to the key easily. probably the same with any type of tank bag.Other than that the tankring system is great
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:30 am

Yeah Ron, that's a much better run than the National Highway One Goat Track, especially now they taken all the twisty 'black spots' out... mind you, you can crack along and make up some time on the new M1 bits...
Fuel...? Nah, this thing gets 400 to the tank!!!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:35 am

Don't tell them, Pat, they might get jealous...
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:36 am

tis a bigger tank too
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:21 am

Street wrote:
Received my tank bag ring in today's mail >
The black ring looks great on the black and silver tank!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:47 pm

MrGPz wrote:
After just having ridden 1100 kays last week, the only issue I can see with having a tank bag, is not being able to get to the key easily...

Not so, Grasshopper. Givi tankbags are designed to be adjusted forward or back as needed and my key is easily accessible. And I still have one rearward adjustment remaining if I decide I need more space.

guzziownr wrote:

Thanks, couldn't agree more. I even had Onur supply me with the older flange-style ring as I like that one the best.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:50 pm

Street wrote:
MrGPz wrote:
After just having ridden 1100 kays last week, the only issue I can see with having a tank bag, is not being able to get to the key easily...

Not so, Grasshopper. Givi tankbags are designed to be adjusted forward or back as needed and my key is easily accessible. And I still have one rearward adjustment remaining if I decide I need more space.

guzziownr wrote:

Thanks, couldn't agree more. I even had Onur supply me with the older flange-style ring as I like that one the best.

Ok, just checked and i can now say there are no downsides to the tanklock system,

thank you, Master
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:12 am

Street wrote:

Just a minor detail, Street: where did you get that fancy Moto Guzzi key fob?
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:15 am

Moto'r International has them...

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:16 am

Not sure, really, probably from Moto International, but I honestly don't remember, sorry.

Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:13 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:41 am

Went for a blast around lovely Palos Verdes Peninsula:

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:53 am

Nice pics!

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:54 pm

guzziownr wrote:
Three for dinner tonight, Mai Fun and Chinese spare ribs.  Blackcat was just back from "The Gathering of the Nortons" in Washington's crossing PA, USA on his Lemans II

Blackcat is well known by many around here. Cool to see those bikes together!

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next