GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+88
Street
waterbottle
Guzzi Cat
Bill Hagan
Nobleswood
Converted Duc
gshybrid
Steak
MrGPz
Diablo Loco
wardentm
Oz1200Guzzi
Motoguzzimackers
Ian p
BradleyM
Rubberbroker
dennis the menace
pkroupa
techman-001
AH Head
Scot p
remgitano
Ad B
bCraig
Birch
Grisodude
rudolf35
bumati
GUZ21
fredfrenzy
Brent S
Bulldog9
janguzzi
GuzziSteve
Lemppari
sono
FreshEgg
RightD
GNORTS
nwreed
keenerkeen07
Wet Coaster
DungeonMaster
NorthernProducer
bioman
HLMiskelly
wayne68
Belfastguzzi
Guzzi Two Shoes
guzziownr
nev
f-man
blue thunder
Papa Lazarou
Yodasoldier
ultra
GHTE
muzhik
mark111
Conor W
GuzziTwoShoes
jeremyb
Ralf z
tocino
Charlie J
LBC Tenni
Dilliw
Grisonut
Ahdammit
Omnis
Blue
little750
Hacky
boxerscott
dave taylor
Canyon Carver
H-E-ROSS
MalG
opc
WCB
bahamazoo
CPB
MrBob
cbxtc6
Pete Roper
wyno
beetle
Tango2
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sun May 15, 2016 4:57 am

beetle wrote:
cheers

Pull that side stand off. It's a race bike. Twisted Evil.

Will do, I thought it was a bump in the track making it buck around ....
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sun May 15, 2016 2:51 pm

Ron called in to the Budgie on his way back home - seeing he was in the area[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sun May 15, 2016 3:51 pm

A motorcycle dealer down the road sells KTMs and had a demo-ride organised.  Just for fun I signed up for 45min ride on a '1290 Super Bike'.  And well: it was Super Torquey, Super Smooth, probably Super Fast, but especially Super Easy to ride.  It is only 70 pounds lighter than the GRiSO but it felt like it weighted half.  When riding back home afterwards I realised how much work the GRiSO demands from its rider: you actually have to work to get the beast to obey. But I think I like that.

By the way, the Super Bike is also Super Ugly. It is really the ugliest motorbike I know. To start I really dislike the orange colour. But more importantly, from where do they get this fashion of bulldog-style flat-noses, as if the bike hit a wall?
And I am sure the KTM designers would have preferred to use square wheels if they could have got away with it: I failed to find a single curvy part on this motorbike.  

The way home was nice and comfortable, and I felt proud to leave the dealership on a GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sun May 15, 2016 6:13 pm

bioman wrote:

By the way, the Super Bike is also Super Ugly. It is really the ugliest motorbike I know. To start I really dislike the orange colour. But more importantly, from where do they get this fashion of bulldog-style flat-noses, as if the bike hit a wall?
And I am sure the KTM designers would have preferred to use square wheels if they could have got away with it: I failed to find a single curvy part on this motorbike.  

Whatever artistic talent the Austrians had they lost in 1918 when the Sudtirol became the Alto Adige.   Wink

=========

Two GRiSO items of interest today … well, OK, at least to me.

First, rode 50 or so miles to the Maryland-D.C. Guzzisti breakfast gathering at Ingram’s Diner, in Jefferson, Md.  Lordy, it was cold.  45F when I left home, with dark gray low clouds and wind gusts that made it seem colder. Felt like a wuss, tho, when I saw I was only one who wore electrics.

In addition to the usual suspects — RIP Madeleine LeBeau! — muzhik arrived on his new Speed Triple, tho he did park it next to Matt's Tenni.

Scott ate some omelet concoction with salsa that made the air around him near flammable!  affraid

I ate real 'Merican food.  cheers

I then rode back home and put the GRiSO on a trailer to take it to Atlanta tomorrow.  Doing "eldercare duty" for my (95+) Mom, then will ride it from Atlanta with some buds to Kentucky for beer, bourbon, and mutton.  War is heck.  Very Happy

Bill
Back to top Go down
muzhik
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
muzhik

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sun May 15, 2016 7:13 pm

Enjoy your mutton. I'll stick to my salsa on breakfast food abomination Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Mon May 16, 2016 4:59 am

bioman wrote:
A motorcycle dealer down the road sells KTM's and had a demo-ride organised. It is only 70 pounds lighter than the GRiSO but it felt like it weighed half. When riding back home afterwards I realised how much work the GRiSO demands from its rider: you actually have to work to get the beast to obey. But I think I like that.

Bioman, it doesn't have to be hard work. Most Guzzi's are under sprung if you weigh more than 80kg in battle dress. Add to that the woeful damping control of the Sachs shock and you get a shit ride.
Typically the rear suspension will sag way too much while cornering, not only losing ground clearance but causing the bike to run wide. You wait all day for the bike to turn before you can get back on the throttle.

Proper suspension will hold the rear high (shorter rake & trail), turn quicker and easier and generally feel lighter and more responsive in your hands.

And I'll bet my left nut to an old black billy the KTM weighs a lot more than its advertised 189kg dry weight.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Mon May 16, 2016 11:50 am

ghezzi wrote:
Proper suspension will hold the rear high (shorter rake & trail), turn quicker and easier and generally feel lighter and more responsive in your hands.

Yes, I am sure you are very right.  I have to find an able suspension guru, and then convince my wife that it makes sense to spend money on a new shock absorber, and get the suspension set up properly.  On my list for a while now, but somehow other silly reasons (child education, health care, etc) to spend money keep popping up...
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Tue May 17, 2016 3:12 am

Decided to go for a run into the country north west of Sydney today to make the most of the late Autumn sunshine, blue skies and 28 degrees Celsius. Left Sydney and followed the motor way up to Freemans water hole, stopped to meet the rest of the group and fill up (coffee and fuel).

5 of us (GRiSO, two BMWs and two Suzuki) set off on a round trip through the wine region out to Denman way out on the upper Hunter valley, lunch at the Denman pub, great burger, cool drink then headed back to Sydney via the Putty (nice surface these days).

Spent too long playing on the open roads in the Hunter valley and came back on the Putty in the dark with a dark visor. Challenging end to a fantastic day, around 550 km and not a sore muscle to speak about. This bike is built for me, only gripe was perhaps the lower foot pegs might be an option oh and that bloody right hand cylinder is leaking again.

Pete I should have taken up your offer to keep the extra o rings after the tappet change, oh well going to get some and give changing them myself a go. Smile

Have I mentioned I love GRiSO! I love you

Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Tue May 17, 2016 3:13 am

Except for those damn O rings!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Tue May 17, 2016 5:13 am

Which O-rings? Do you mean the rocker cover tampons? If so I can send you some for nix. I have billions of them! I think they breed in my workshop!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Tue May 17, 2016 5:16 am

I am guessing Pete it is the plug tube o rings as the leak is up high. i might have to use it as an excuse to come over and visit.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Tue May 17, 2016 5:21 am

Left Cross Junction at 6:15 a.m. (& 36F, brrrrrr) yesterday and launched for Atlanta, 600+ miles southwest.

After a few essential stops for fuel of all sorts and bladder maintenance, etc. …

…. and slumming with the big boys ...

I arrived in Atlanta, setting a new Slowest Drive record of 14+ hours (Kathi routinely does it “in the nines,” tho I suspect she wears NASA diapers!

Then, after the main event left the garage this morning …

I pulled the GRiSO in to dry off from the night’s T-storms.

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Tue May 17, 2016 5:52 am

Meant to include in the above for those of you who do not already know from experience (or common sense!) that spousal units queen are not necessarily the best assistants for loading motorcycles on trailers, etc. Rolling Eyes

OTOH, at destination, in the dark, a good buddy who had hernia surgery a few days ago is not a great choice, either. Wink

Bill
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Tue May 17, 2016 6:45 am

WooHoo, Bill is in town. Just in time for the rain.
Back to top Go down
wayne68
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
wayne68

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Tue May 17, 2016 11:20 pm

Has a spin up to my local dam (Clywedog) before the rain set in.
Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Wed May 18, 2016 2:17 am

New boots for GRiSO finally arrived.  Round and Firm.

Looking fwd to tomorrow. Thumbs Up

Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Wed May 18, 2016 2:21 am

Wow, Neat tread pattern. What are they ?
Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Wed May 18, 2016 2:27 am

The new Dunlop Roadsmart 3's.

They really have some meat on them. Reports are good.

Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Wed May 18, 2016 2:33 am

Decided to go out for run this arvo ......
Got onto the highway slip road, got up and going, and guess what I was up the side/rear of, a f..king cattle truck, stop laughing, shit all over me and my clean bike, bastards ......
Keep smilin
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Wed May 18, 2016 2:54 am

affraid
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Wed May 18, 2016 3:24 am

"It happens" ...... Forest gump
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Wed May 18, 2016 3:26 am

Tee hee!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Thu May 19, 2016 2:41 am

Hey Bill, Atlanta Lotus Thumbs Up
my son is hankering for a new lotus. Of all the cars to pick from, he'd rather one without all the electronic bullshit, and still having manual shift etc, sounds like a Guzzi owner  scratch ( Currently owns a 350Z Track edition ) I think dad should inherit that one Cool
Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Thu May 19, 2016 3:37 am

Scrubbed the new rubber in, black top was kind to me.

Gravel not so much!! Embarassed  Bugger!!

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Thu May 19, 2016 3:48 am

Ouch! You've caught my disease.

...hmmm. New side plate. Shocked

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 15 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next