GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+88
Street
waterbottle
Guzzi Cat
Bill Hagan
Nobleswood
Converted Duc
gshybrid
Steak
MrGPz
Diablo Loco
wardentm
Oz1200Guzzi
Motoguzzimackers
Ian p
BradleyM
Rubberbroker
dennis the menace
pkroupa
techman-001
AH Head
Scot p
remgitano
Ad B
bCraig
Birch
Grisodude
rudolf35
bumati
GUZ21
fredfrenzy
Brent S
Bulldog9
janguzzi
GuzziSteve
Lemppari
sono
FreshEgg
RightD
GNORTS
nwreed
keenerkeen07
Wet Coaster
DungeonMaster
NorthernProducer
bioman
HLMiskelly
wayne68
Belfastguzzi
Guzzi Two Shoes
guzziownr
nev
f-man
blue thunder
Papa Lazarou
Yodasoldier
ultra
GHTE
muzhik
mark111
Conor W
GuzziTwoShoes
jeremyb
Ralf z
tocino
Charlie J
LBC Tenni
Dilliw
Grisonut
Ahdammit
Omnis
Blue
little750
Hacky
boxerscott
dave taylor
Canyon Carver
H-E-ROSS
MalG
opc
WCB
bahamazoo
CPB
MrBob
cbxtc6
Pete Roper
wyno
beetle
Tango2
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:26 pm

Not at all nice to have a broken leg in any circumstance, ruins your plans for a while. I just came home from a 100 km ride on utterly and completely empty roads, as all Finns are spending their midsummer festival at their holiday cottages drinking & eating & drinking.
As has been from the moment I bought the GRiSO, I enjoyed the ride immensely, makes me feel like 18 again pirat
Now it's time to follow the majority and open a can of beer. That too can lead to feeling like 18 again...
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:32 pm

Stop taking the mushrooms....
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:34 pm

I've gone further to ballfish liver.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:43 am

Put a new Li Battery in the green bike. Shows 13.4 volts with key on , First time It's started on The first Compression, It gave me a bit of a fright as it normally does the car-tur car-tur car-tur before firing Smile
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:49 am

G'day all
Miserable weather down here in Tas
6 months back I bought a pair of new tyres from the north island ....
They have sat in my shed waiting to get a gurnsey
The other day coming home from my sons I picked up a fence staple in my back tyre and she be flat by the time I got home, a buggered pilot road
So, today took the said wheel up to my local motorcycle shop for the said new tyre to be fitted, guess what, the new tyre fitted, air introduced and air pissed out the side wall, a split in the wall about 25mm long, bugger, bugger
Phoned up the seller to be told to return it for them to have a look, $36 later at the post office and off she go, time will tell what will happen, my guess is I will be told, either transport damage, damage caused by me, or damage caused by the tyre fitter and I will have to buy another - one of the problems with buying on the 'net'
We will see what happens ......
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:12 am

Stop n Go is good for tubeless, Trev;; inserts a mushroom in there. These last. In Oz, available from BMW Motorad shops. You've just got to adjust to your new tubeless world.
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:03 am

Well today I I set up mu new space saver Roll Away Motorcycle Mover, I am stoked as I can now fit even more crap into my garage Shocked[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:49 pm

Fun day with the GRiSO quitting, dead in the water! No clue what's wrong.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:52 pm

More info. Electrical failure or mechanical?
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:27 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
More info. Electrical failure or mechanical?
Hi Pete, I think it must be electrical. It was fine, then shut itself off. could not restart. Maybe fuel pump?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:12 pm

So will the dash still do its 'Sweep' or is there just nothing? If nothing first place to check is the main fuses. then the battery terminals and eat strap mount point under the starter cover.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:49 pm

all gdash sweep is normal Main fuses ubde seat are giid. Where is the starter cover? where is the starter?
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:27 am

Pete Roper wrote:
...and eat strap mount point under the starter cover...

I think he meant earth (ground) strap mount point. You could eat the strap mount under the starter cover, but it probably tastes like shit and most likely won't solve your immediate problem. Wink

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:28 am

Black plastic cover retained by two screws on the LH side of the bike behind and below the cylinder. The earth strap goes to under the hexagonal 'Thingy' the top screw for the cover goes into.

So did it just refuse to start when the button was pressed or did it stop while you were riding?

Pete
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:56 am

Sorry Pete, I couldn't help it, I'm in one of those moods...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:09 am

Razz Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:11 am

Street wrote:
Sorry Pete, I couldn't help it, I'm in one of those moods...

tongue
Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:01 pm

Finally put a new front tire (Angel GT) on the GRiSO.   Wow what a difference - you forget how good freshly scrubbed new tires feel. Did a great run through Bonny Doon and along the coast to the PCH.

Then back home for a beer with the rest of the gang in the garage.

Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:07 pm

Nice 250 mile ride after church yesterday with a group of friends. Not too much fun on the first half as we had some newbie riders on  800cc shadows who were afraid to lean through turns, but broke into ability groups from the Grove of the Patriarchs on where I got to push the GRiSO, and it didn't disappoint. I was wishing for a fairing at some points, the stock seat was perfect until about the last hour, probably the best stock seat I have ever sat on. Still adjusting to the different dynamics of the big twin VS the inline 4 as far as engine breaking, but I love the low end torque and pulse of the twin. So glad to dump the sewing machine..............

** The road from Elbe to Paradise through longmire is NOT safely passable for motorcycles other than adventure types IMO due to some gnarly construction.

Back to top Go down
cbxtc6
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
cbxtc6

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:45 am

I took my gal on a 2500 mile ride in Colorado, albeit on a Triumph Tiger (955).  I got word my Aunt died, and Funeral was in a few days.  We zipped home, dropped my girl and Tiger off,hopped on the GRiSO, and did a 500 mile burn to Cleveland from Central Il, got to funeral 1hr before hand.  Slept a few hours, and headed back home.  GRiSO ran 80mph + for hours, stopping only for gas/coffee/pee.  Got ~40mpg.  Now, with over 7000 miles on the rear Pilot Road 4, it's time for a new one.  New rollers ran fine. Smile
Back to top Go down
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:05 pm

fredfrenzy wrote:
Finally put a new front tire (Angel GT) on the GRiSO.   Wow what a difference - you forget how good freshly scrubbed new tires feel. Did a great run through Bonny Doon and along the coast to the PCH.

Then back home for a beer with the rest of the gang in the garage.

Nice Italian collection ... do they all run?

Chris
Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:01 pm

boxerscott wrote:

Chris

Ha! Good question.  I've usually got  4 out of 5 running reliably and I cycle through riding them.   Currently, they are all running but the Benelli is still being sorted.  A sparkplug insert this weekend to stop blowby on the threads hopefully will get me there.

I don't have time for a new build/restore, since maintenance eats up my shop time.    Wink

barry
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:20 pm

fredfrenzy wrote:
boxerscott wrote:

Chris

Ha! Good question.  I've usually got  4 out of 5 running reliably and I cycle through riding them.   Currently, they are all running but the Benelli is still being sorted.  A sparkplug insert this weekend to stop blowby on the threads hopefully will get me there.

I don't have time for a new build/restore, since maintenance eats up my shop time.    Wink

barry

Agree that keeping 5 bikes will take time to deal with maintenance. At one time I had 7 bikes and they all ran, but in addition to all the time spent on maintenance, I just didn't have a enough to ride them all. I now find that 4 bikes (one is my wife's V7) are plenty to keep in the garage...at least at my age! So, all I can say is "your a good man", barry!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:21 pm

fredfrenzy wrote:
boxerscott wrote:

Chris
barry

Yes a very nice spray of bikes  Thumbs Up , A pic of a mates lounge room, wife moved out..... bikes moved in  Shocked  1976 900ss  1978 900ss  and a 750F2. A while back I desperately wanted a 1000 Daytona to put in the lounge, but I think Jan might have moved out too ?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:53 pm

Many years ago, I purchased a German boxer, and my mate convinced both my wife and myself that it would be best placed in the lounge room - we tried but all I got was my hand burnt. Yes there had been some alcohol involved!

Sanity prevailed (not mine) and it ended up in the shed - Mal can confirm the decrepit state of my old shed - I've had to pull the boxer out of the floorboards, as well as Black Betty. These days I have a concrete floor in my garage and I can turn the old girl around within. Luxury!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next