GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+88
Street
waterbottle
Guzzi Cat
Bill Hagan
Nobleswood
Converted Duc
gshybrid
Steak
MrGPz
Diablo Loco
wardentm
Oz1200Guzzi
Motoguzzimackers
Ian p
BradleyM
Rubberbroker
dennis the menace
pkroupa
techman-001
AH Head
Scot p
remgitano
Ad B
bCraig
Birch
Grisodude
rudolf35
bumati
GUZ21
fredfrenzy
Brent S
Bulldog9
janguzzi
GuzziSteve
Lemppari
sono
FreshEgg
RightD
GNORTS
nwreed
keenerkeen07
Wet Coaster
DungeonMaster
NorthernProducer
bioman
HLMiskelly
wayne68
Belfastguzzi
Guzzi Two Shoes
guzziownr
nev
f-man
blue thunder
Papa Lazarou
Yodasoldier
ultra
GHTE
muzhik
mark111
Conor W
GuzziTwoShoes
jeremyb
Ralf z
tocino
Charlie J
LBC Tenni
Dilliw
Grisonut
Ahdammit
Omnis
Blue
little750
Hacky
boxerscott
dave taylor
Canyon Carver
H-E-ROSS
MalG
opc
WCB
bahamazoo
CPB
MrBob
cbxtc6
Pete Roper
wyno
beetle
Tango2
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:43 am

Best example I had of the sensitivity was on the first Cabal run I went on.

Just for shit and giggles I'd set them up at six and eight the day before we left. It was a pig to start and stank horribly lean as well as chuffing and coughing at idle. It was so awful that on the Saturday morning Ralf and I grabbed a handful of tools and re set them to four and six. Instant return to wonderfulness!

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:18 pm

AH Head wrote:

Not sure you want to get into this here but what would the consequences be if your maps are running on a 6 and 8 setting?........... Not sure what my Norge was set at last time is all.

You recall what I said about being contrary? If it runs fine, then leave it.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:36 pm

Trimmed some of the fat. 2.8kg worth.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Conor W
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Conor W

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:21 am

The service bulletin for the roller upgrade says 4 and 6 thou....
Back to top Go down
AH Head
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
AH Head

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:39 am

beetle wrote:
Trimmed some of the fat. 2.8kg worth.

That is a righteous headlight assy............. me wants one.
Where would one acquire such a thing over here on the other side I wonder?

Ciao

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:33 am

ebay. Search for 'led daymaker'.

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
AH Head
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
AH Head

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:34 am

Any mods needed for fitment or is it a plug and play item?

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:40 pm

Not plug 'n play. It's too small for the stock bucket. If you want a bucket (I don't have one), you'll have to do some research. It comes with an adapter for the loom. I had to MacGyver up some spacers to attach it.

Viva la Fiesta

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:09 pm

Went for a ride on Sunday morning 200+Kms. It started raining 15kms from home and the rain stopped 15kms before returning home.
Nice and slippery roads. A vehicle had left a series of diesel or oil drips on my riding line for about 5 kays. Then some extra slippery tar patches and some cow crap on the road,
Still enjoyable, and have just clocked up 5,000 kms, i think i am going to get it serviced soon.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
techman-001

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:53 am

Last Sunday my GRiSO made me put its LH cylinder cambox back on and take it for a ride to Brushgrove, including two trips on the car ferry over the Clarence River at Lawrence .

"The car ferry is me favorite" it growled, "so if  youse wants to live to 63, you better take me on it" it said, adding "remember ya old bastard, a happy GRiSO is a safe GRiSO ..."

Along the way I managed to persuade the GRiSO to stop for a Cappuccino at a quaint little roadhouse in Whiporie.

I returned home and ran the GRiSO up onto its workstand, ready for when the roller kit arrives. The GRiSO gave me its word of honor it will be patient and wait, but I did just see it checking tomorrows weather forecast  affraid
Back to top Go down
https://mecrisp-stellaris-folkdoc.sourceforge.io/
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:41 pm

After many very rainy days it was sunny today, so I spent a few wonderful hours riding on the Mighty GRiSO in the area in fall colours. Spectacular scenery.  But COLD!!  The tops of the mountains were white with snow and the infamous "snowflake" appeared on my dash...  

Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:13 pm

"The car ferry is me favorite" it growled, "so if  youse wants to live to 63, you better take me on it" it said, adding "remember ya old bastard, a happy GRiSO is a safe GRiSO ..."

Nice, it's always cool taking a ferry like this, there's a couple in Northland that take you to some really good back roads,

Can you tell mew the brand etc of your panniers?

Glenn
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
techman-001

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:17 pm

My panniers came with the bike and are marked moto guzzi. See the following thread (au seller):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Subject: GRiSO parts OZ Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:45 am
For sale
- Set of unused factory Guzzi GRiSO soft panniers (includes racks etc)

RRP $ 798 sell for $550
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
techman-001

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:26 pm

bioman wrote:
After many very rainy days it was sunny today, so I spent a few wonderful hours riding on the Mighty GRiSO in the area in fall colours. Spectacular scenery.  But COLD!!  The tops of the mountains were white with snow and the infamous "snowflake" appeared on my dash...  

How awesome, hell would have to freeze over before I ever see the infamous "snowflake" on my GRiSO dash. Color me green with envy ...
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:08 am

Techman
Hope you had a meal at the pub.
last time I was there it was awesome.

Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
techman-001

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:40 am

Grisodude wrote:
Techman
Hope you had a meal at the pub.
last time I was there it was awesome.

I sure did. Exhibiting self control that would make Houdini jealous, I avoided the fried food with chips and had the rather healthy, and very tasty 'bangers and mash'. It's a very friendly pub, no wonder it's so popular.
Back to top Go down
pkroupa
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
pkroupa

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:36 pm

Packet was delivered to my home.
And now, I have It :-)
Next step will be push the button on GRiSO.org :-)
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:17 am

Bled my clutch.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
bCraig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bCraig

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:27 am

I bled mine not long after picking it up .... had it balanced in shed almost to vertical with blocks .... as I pushed the rubber grommet back into bracket , GRiSO started to move , I held on while sitting on a wheeled stool for what seemed like quite awhile .... gradually I lost that challenge and down she went , not before pushing the ST3 sideways into my beloved Norton .... I ran for the guy across the street and we got her up fairly easy .... no damage other than a mark on tail fairing and an exploded indicator ( it went back together with no troubles ) ... the ST3 lost a reflector which I put back on , the Norton , no marks .... next time I will definitely do it different
Craig
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:01 am

All that drama from bleeding a clutch? I am agog.

Shocked

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
techman-001

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:46 am

bCraig wrote:
I bled mine not long after picking it up .... had it balanced in shed almost to vertical with blocks .... as I pushed the rubber grommet back into bracket , GRiSO started to move , I held on while sitting on a wheeled stool for what seemed like quite awhile .... gradually I lost that challenge and down she went , not before pushing the ST3 sideways into my beloved Norton .... I ran for the guy across the street and we got her up fairly easy .... no damage other than a mark on tail fairing and an exploded indicator ( it went back together with no troubles ) ... the ST3 lost a reflector which I put back on , the Norton , no marks .... next time I will definitely do it different
Craig

Bummer, at least the damage is minimal Smile

I recall when a out of control, heavily loaded, shopping trolley, from a supermarket came racing down a hill and slammed into my parked Honda XLV-750, holing the clutch cover with the brake lever when it tipped over. Cans of tinned food were rolling everywhere including the big puddle of engine oil from my bike.

Pushing it a kilometer home was also fun.

I find a lifting ramp makes holding the heavy GRiSO vertical for maintenance really easy, I wish I'd had one decades ago. This one has wheels so I can also move it around with a bike on the ramp, it can also be locked in one location of the workshop. I use tie downs just in case the front wheel lock isn't enough.
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:37 am

I took off early this morning and did not tell GRiSO where we were going as I had a surprise install for him. We set off not long after sunrise and headed west to the bottom of the hills that surround Sydney's west.
After a spirited run along the Nepean river I stopped at a small farm that had a couple of large modern sheds out the back. In te farm resides Terry Hayes (a legend and living encyclopaedia of suspension knowledge).
On arrival Terry's son Grant brought out a clean new box with the words Matris stamped on it. A couple of coffees later and GRiSO had anew rear shock plus revalved front end. unfortunately the rain gods decided to dampen the ride home but GRiSO and I soldiered on.

The result is a new bike, GRiSO has been transformed, I had to reign in my enthusiasm as the roads were rather slippery but even at the reduced pace I could tell something incredible had happen to the bike. Wow, just wow nothing more!

For those of you that do not fit into the 75-80 kg target of the GRiSO stock suspension you must beg borrow or steal this upgrade is just amazing.
Come on week end and sunshine! bounce[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
GRiSO siting in the cold wet waiting for a surprise.
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
techman-001

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:58 am

Converted Duc wrote:
I took off early this morning and did not tell GRiSO where we were going as I had a surprise install for him. We set off not long after sunrise and headed west to the bottom of the hills that surround Sydney's west.
After a spirited run along the Nepean river I stopped at a small farm that had a couple of large modern sheds out the back. In te farm resides Terry Hayes (a legend and living encyclopaedia of suspension knowledge).
On arrival Terry's son Grant brought out a clean new box with the words Matris stamped on it. A couple of coffees later and GRiSO had anew rear shock plus revalved front end. unfortunately the rain gods decided to dampen the ride home but GRiSO and I soldiered on.

The result is a new bike, GRiSO has been transformed, I had to reign in my enthusiasm as the roads were rather slippery but even at the reduced pace I could tell something incredible had happen to the bike. Wow, just wow nothing more!

For those of you that do not fit into the 75-80 kg target of the GRiSO stock suspension you must beg borrow or steal this upgrade is just amazing.
Come on week end and sunshine! bounce[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
GRiSO siting in the cold wet waiting for a surprise.

HEY! gimme back my GRiSO !!! ;-)
Yours looks *identical* to mine including the same color, smoked flyscreen and mirrors but you have bar ends, and I don't as I haven't been able to find any that fit as my bars have a smaller ID than 'standard bars'. My fork tubes are also on the 6th ring, so stick up a bit higher than yours.

I weighed about 130kg when I bought my GRiSO (I'm down to 114kg right now) and the suspension was limp and way too soft. Riding back from Sydney was a spine cracking experience ,the rubber shock damper was split and completely flattened.  The front suspension wasn't too good either. It was a barge to corner with undulations having a very unsettling effect on the bike.

After Paul Rooney, the suspension guru in the Northern Rivers had rebuilt, and re-valved the suspension, including re-springing the rear mono-shock, my GRiSO was also transformed and is now the best handling bike I've ever ridden (apart from my old GSX-R) so I can really relate to how you feel  cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:01 pm

Alan (The Saint) wants my help to create forward controls for his GRiSO.
I tried Google seeing I can't conjure up the creativity for such an evil deed;

Closest I git was a Grillo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

Last edited by ghezzi on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
techman-001

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:05 pm

ghezzi wrote:
Alan (The Saint) wants my help to create forward controls for his GRiSO.
I tried Google seeing I can't conjure up the creativity for such an evil deed;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I must admit, I have had thoughts of making up a pair of fold out 'highway pegs' for my GRiSO as no pegs wherever they are can stand 1200km days without the need to find other locations for the feet from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next