GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+88
Street
waterbottle
Guzzi Cat
Bill Hagan
Nobleswood
Converted Duc
gshybrid
Steak
MrGPz
Diablo Loco
wardentm
Oz1200Guzzi
Motoguzzimackers
Ian p
BradleyM
Rubberbroker
dennis the menace
pkroupa
techman-001
AH Head
Scot p
remgitano
Ad B
bCraig
Birch
Grisodude
rudolf35
bumati
GUZ21
fredfrenzy
Brent S
Bulldog9
janguzzi
GuzziSteve
Lemppari
sono
FreshEgg
RightD
GNORTS
nwreed
keenerkeen07
Wet Coaster
DungeonMaster
NorthernProducer
bioman
HLMiskelly
wayne68
Belfastguzzi
Guzzi Two Shoes
guzziownr
nev
f-man
blue thunder
Papa Lazarou
Yodasoldier
ultra
GHTE
muzhik
mark111
Conor W
GuzziTwoShoes
jeremyb
Ralf z
tocino
Charlie J
LBC Tenni
Dilliw
Grisonut
Ahdammit
Omnis
Blue
little750
Hacky
boxerscott
dave taylor
Canyon Carver
H-E-ROSS
MalG
opc
WCB
bahamazoo
CPB
MrBob
cbxtc6
Pete Roper
wyno
beetle
Tango2
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:27 pm

Nice mini guard I don't suppose you have a link where I could find one?
Back to top Go down
GNORTS
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
GNORTS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:17 am

Yeah I want one too
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:03 am

Converted Duc wrote:
I had this one on my short list when I found the carbon fiber one I purchased on eBay. I believe this product is out of production. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:05 am

Thanks I'll take a look, the state of my rear shock after a country ride has me quite keen on something to protect rear
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:51 pm

Converted Duc wrote:

I think you can order one from LGC: LINK. They are not cheap.
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stopped by the Book Mill in Montague Mass. to get some refreshment at the Lady Killigrew Cafe.
The Book Mill - " Books you don't need at a place you can't find"
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:45 am

I see you have the Termi as well. Nice. How's the front screen? Does it do anything, or is it mainly for keeping the bugs off you? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:09 pm

There have been a lot of vintage and veteran cars on the road today.

You know what these old cars do? They drop oil. Loads of it.

Coming home at 630pm today, I was going down a straight and the car in front braked for no reason. I was a good 50 feet behind, so I gently applied the front brake. And lost it big time.

I now have a bad graze on my left knee, a twisted and possibly broken ankle and a graze on my arm.

The helmet is fecked. The Kevlar in my jeans did their job. One boot is badly damaged.

The GRiSO pissed out oil when it crashed. It has a lot of cosmetic damage on one side. I left it at the scene of the crash.

Thankfully, a car driver stopped and pushed the bike off the road for me.

What caused the crash? A lot of oil dumped on the road in two, long lines.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:25 pm

Sorry to hear Papa, that sucks , sounds like your up for a rocker cover at the least.
Fuck it makes me mad thinking about this Prick , he should be made to clean up the oil slick with his private bits Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:03 pm

Thanks. A quick look round showed damaged silencer, rocker cover, side stand. Probably other stuff. It wouldn't start, either.

Wonder where the oil came from?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:33 pm

Mad

Glad you're OK.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:44 pm

Bloodg bugger. Good to see you are in one piece.
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:47 pm

Bugger
Back to top Go down
GNORTS
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
GNORTS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:03 pm

H-E-ROSS wrote:
I installed a new Gee-Gaw by Stucchi today. I haven't gone though any puddles with it yet; maybe tomorrow.

Great minds think alike. Cool

I did the same thing today.  Mine is LGC, also made in Italy, appears to be a Stucchi knockoff.  Ordered online from MG Cycle.  I chose this one because I could get it in matte black.  It's nicely made, hand-laid fiberglass, and very light.  Mounting it, however, was a PITA.  It uses the same basic mounting system as the Stucchi, but it didn't fit right.  Tightening the screws fully would twist the fender just enough to make it fit badly where it meets the swingarm.  I had to dig in my washer bin and find some thick hard plastic washers to use as spacers to make it fit right when fastened tightly.  

The gap between the fender and the tire is smaller than the Stucchi, but it's within the spec the instructions called for.  It looks nice.  I haven't ridden with it yet.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:54 pm

FYI, LGC is Stucchi. Well, Stucchi reborn.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:55 pm

Papa Lazarou wrote:
Thanks. A quick look round showed damaged silencer, rocker cover, side stand. Probably other stuff. It wouldn't start, either.

There is a time factor involved when the tip over switch has been activated I believe. It prevents the bike being started for 15 minutes I'm told although mine always seems to fire straight up if I fling it on its side Rolling Eyes

Oil will probably of come from the biffed rocker cover. what year model is yours and has it been rollerised? The reason I ask is if it is still a flat tappet model then now would be the time to rollerise as you can swap to the later, much cheaper, 'Floating' rocker covers if its an early model.

Pete
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:43 pm

Brent S wrote:
I see you have the Termi as well. Nice. How's the front screen? Does it do anything, or is it mainly for keeping the bugs off you? Thanks.
My bike came with the "Fly Screen" installed, it did little other than keep the bugs off the instruments. It now has the "Large Screen" that does keep some wind off your chest, it really does make a difference in cold weather!
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:52 pm

Sorry to hear about your off Papa! I hope you and your GRiSO mend quickly!
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:26 pm

Gnorts , I am surprised you had a problem with fitment. As Beetle pointed out LGC is the successor to Stucchi and I would expect that the parts are made with the same equipment. Mine went on without a hitch.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:00 am

FUCK,  Papa! Just read your crash report. Sorry to hear the news,  you and GRiSO get better soon.

Pete (Street)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:38 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Papa Lazarou wrote:

There is a time factor involved when the tip over switch has been activated I believe. It prevents the bike being started for 15 minutes I'm told although mine always seems to fire straight up if I fling it on its side Rolling Eyes

Oil will probably of come from the biffed rocker cover. what year model is yours and has it been rollerised? The reason I ask is if it is still a flat tappet model then now would be the time to rollerise as you can swap to the later, much cheaper, 'Floating' rocker covers if its an early model.

Pete

Thanks Pete and thanks all. It's a 2015 model. And I've got a broken left leg. Pah.
Back to top Go down
GNORTS
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
GNORTS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:30 am

H-E-ROSS wrote:
Gnorts , I am surprised you had a problem with fitment. As Beetle pointed out LGC is the successor to Stucchi and I would expect that the parts are made with the same equipment. Mine went on without a hitch.
I was surprised too, especially considering what I paid for the thing. I futzed with it for too long, and it just wasn't fitting, so I improvised, and now it's OK. Glad your install went better!

So Stucchi went broke, did they? And somebody bought up their designs and tooling? Or is it the same people, resurfaced with a new name? I was unaware of the "transition" ...
Back to top Go down
GNORTS
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
GNORTS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:35 am

Papa Lazarou wrote:
And I've got a broken left leg. Pah.

Well shit, Papa!  So sorry to hear this!  A crashed bike and a busted leg, just as the good riding months arrive in the northern hemisphere!  Major bummer!  My sincere wishes for a complete and rapid recovery for you and the GRiSO!  (yours is the same year as mine.  We're soul mates brothers...)

( geek fixed it for ya...)
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:07 am

I just caught your crash report Papa and sorry to hear you have a broken leg and GRiSO. All the best in your recovery and repair of your bike. Keep us posted on your progress.
Back to top Go down
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
CPB

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:38 pm

Damn! So sorry to hear about your leg and your bike.

Had a nice 60 mile ride after work today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next