GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....

Go down 
+132
syspig
guzziownr
Bill Dee
GuzziSteve
iminspaaace
Buellbloke
drawnverybadly
TheMuffinMan
mikebr
LDD
knumbnutz
BobW981
Charles
SMTCapeCod
lcjohnny
Joeker80
alanlemansiv
Edown101-23
gertler
zeke81
Ulf
rick pope
Groovitz
Robinson_Spike
odder
Axael
Stubbie
Utesch
Ditchfinder
wrinkley
Griso Tom
Leone
PunkScout
WhiteGC
vee2win
saganIsMyHomeboy
melonman
kiwi dave
Paggers
hezovka
janguzzi
sideshowbob
Weißgerät
Sollep
jlburgess
BB43215
Nobleswood
beetle
MrGPz
RIKBRIANT
GuZeee
svru
davem
eeyore
Street
sidrat
paulbrice
oediehl
charliebigonions
EricS
2highlander
petarzil
DangWangi
wardentm
Brent S
Guzzi Cat
barton
Daves-i-Know
Lemppari
ultra
FreshEgg
Hacky
LBC Tenni
bradbusa
Papa Lazarou
boxerscott
keenerkeen07
Charlie J
Oz1200Guzzi
waterbottle
MalG
tarsky68
jexmatex
supercoyote
Cantaloop
jomartijr
kmac33
roam
joshct
AOAM
Grade247
Chronic
JestersInc
Josh.C
rickmain
damoru
bikesnbones
ronbo10
Overholt13
Triman023
Caedmon
Midlifecrisis
enghira
austin_22
little750
bioman
grisorosso
J1anno
tocino
spozzy
Mr Griso
mark111
Birch
msestak
Canyon Carver
Ad B
swagzz
wardest
WCB
Guzziboy66
Phang
DungeonMaster
pauldaytona
Landman
Pete Roper
NorthBayGriso
wittangamo
Grisonut
Oca
Steak
Uzidzit
136 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:53 am

Well, the Termi sounds better. Razz

I don't recall how much it vibrated with the current release map, but you may as well wait until after I've got the map sorted. Vibes may get reduced in the final version to the point it's acceptable.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
austin_22
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
austin_22

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:40 pm

Anyone tried the GPR???
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

------BREAK-------
I read the entire thread (missed like 8 pages the first time) and answered my own question. Looking at GPR vs. Arrow for my '13 GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:29 am

I'm a big fan of the ARROW, especially if you get it from Enzo Berni at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in Italy.  About $500 shipped from Perugia to the States.  The US vendor(s) charge about $1000 in comparison... Rolling Eyes

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:50 am

Holy Smokes Batman!! Good deal.
Back to top Go down
austin_22
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
austin_22

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:00 pm

Ok, so now I'm down to 3. GPR, circa $360.00 USD, Mistral, circa $637.00 USD and Arrow, Circa $500.00 USD. All look and sound great, so would love to hear opinions. All research has been internet only, I have not had a chance to see any of these in person.
GPR [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mistral - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Arrow - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:53 am

I have the mistral, it came with my bike when I bought it, fits well and is well made and light.
You will need to change the map as it is a bit ragged between 2,500 and 4,000 r/min with the std map.
I run mine with the db killer and one of the beetle maps and it runs cleanly.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:21 am

austin_22 wrote:
Ok, so now I'm down to 3. GPR, circa $360.00 USD, Mistral, circa $637.00 USD and Arrow, Circa $500.00 USD. All look and sound great, so would love to hear opinions. All research has been internet only, I have not had a chance to see any of these in person.
GPR [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mistral - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Arrow - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That GPR is gonna be loud as shit I bet...
I have the GTE model, perfect with dbKiller.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:09 pm

I want a GPR. Cuz it's loud as shit. But I'm not going to do it.
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:34 pm

The only things I want loud are my guns and women when I pull the trigger.
I have a DB killer in my GPR pictured ealier in this thread. Laughing
Back to top Go down
enghira
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
enghira

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:54 pm

My new Ipothesys exaust
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:44 pm

Sounds good, how's the tuning?
Get so distracted on you tube, just watched a bunch of café racer vids with the voice over sounding suspiciously like the guy from Anonymous.
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:32 pm

Well, I hope he wasn't trash talking any V7 cafe' racer riders or any guzzi riders for that matter. We are the genuine 1% and will not stand for that! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:22 am

I'm not a fan of the ipothysis exhaust from a stylistic point of view but knowing of the issues Mark has had with his Arrow headers I'll go out on a limb and bet London to a Brick that that mid-pipe set-up will totally screw the fueling.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:00 pm

At the risk of pontificating about it, my thoughts on the Ipothesys exhaust.

1. Seems nicely made. A work of art, really.
2. Appears to have bungs in both headers to allow for sensors. +1 for them.
3. Short, straight mid-pipe will rob engine of low and mid range torque. Sigh.
4. Why the hell have they made it a two-into-one-into-two? Is it style over substance?

The two 'mufflers' must have dB killers in them, surely? You know, if they'd kept left and right separate and added a couple of 90 degree bends in each side down where the mid-pipe is, this thing would work well.

5. Remapping required. No escaping that.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:43 pm

Other interesting point. There is a bung in the collector presumably for a permanently connected O2 sensor. The bungs at the bottom end of each header presumably to aid dyno tuning by individual AFR readings, except I have always been lead to believe by exhaust experts that these reading should be taken at a point 6" from the exhaust port.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:29 pm

Makes no difference. IMNSHFO.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Midlifecrisis
Carlotto
Carlotto
Midlifecrisis

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:58 am

Just 2 clarify, there are 2 different Ipothesys exhausts; Aria and GRiSO. The Aria one is the symmetrical move-the-oil-cooler one and the GRiSO sticks with the original asymetric headers and is just a collector (with O2 sensor). Slip on mufflers look the same. The "enghera" video is the latter. Admittedly, the Ipothesys GRiSO collector does not have the oem U-bend, so may well impact the fueling?

Back to top Go down
Midlifecrisis
Carlotto
Carlotto
Midlifecrisis

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:05 am

Hopefully, the folowing post shows the components you get if you buy the GRiSO exhaust from Ipothesys;

Last edited by Midlifecrisis on Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Midlifecrisis
Carlotto
Carlotto
Midlifecrisis

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:21 am

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:31 am

Midpipe looks a bit different than the one on the Ipothesys site.

I've seen the Ipothesys dyno charts for the Aria. Massive mid range power and torque increases with less top end. You don't get bolt on power and torque like that. Remapped!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Midlifecrisis
Carlotto
Carlotto
Midlifecrisis

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:35 am

Yes that does look very different - shorter and without the O2 sensor tapping. Doesn't look long enough? I fitted this exhaust last weekend (sounds great), but due to both work and the constant rain we are having here in the UK this autumn, I've not tried it out on the road so can't yet comment on seat of the pants performance impressions. Fingers crossed for the coming weekend. Personal view, but I think the looks are simply awesome!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:44 am

The short one might be a prototype?

I'm very interested in your thoughts on performance/fuelling/ride.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Midlifecrisis
Carlotto
Carlotto
Midlifecrisis

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:55 am

No problem, I'll report back as soon as I've had the chance to get out on the road with her.
Back to top Go down
Midlifecrisis
Carlotto
Carlotto
Midlifecrisis

PostSubject: Ipothesys GRiSO Exhaust   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:02 am

OK, so the weather was good today and I took the GRiSO out for the first time with the Ipothesys GRiSO exhaust. First impressions;

Sound
Like many of the other exhausts on this thread, she now sounds like she looks - meaty! The exhausts clearly have dB killers in them and I think the volume is about right with them in. Haven't tried taking them out, but I wouldn't want it any louder! I now know what people mean when they say it sounds like 1/4 of a V8. To my inexpert ear, I'm somewhat reminded of a big old British twin (Norton/Triumph?).

Ride
OK, first the caveat; I'm no expert, I don't ride every day and I swop between 4 very different bikes (an in-line 6, a horizontally opposed 4, an aircooled V2 and a turbo watercooled V2!). My seat of the pants impression is that it is a little "flatter" in the mid range, but stronger at the top end. By that, I mean that the revs build moderately between 3,000 and 5,000/6,000 and then race to the red line. Does that make any sense?

There is no popping or banging on the over run, which was something I was half expecting (I've heard a Termi' equipped GRiSO do this).

Basically still very nice to ride. I'm very pleased. I don't think it "needs" any change to the mapping. I might take a look at the plugs or do some analysis, but just out of interest.

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:45 am

I like the look, and it does seem that the installed version of the mid-pipe has a bit more of the pretzel aspect to it.

Did they also include mounting lugs for the stock heat shield? It looks as though they did, which would be a first for the aftermarket nid-pipes. That's a lot of attention to detail.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....
Page 6 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next