GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....

Go down 
+132
syspig
guzziownr
Bill Dee
GuzziSteve
iminspaaace
Buellbloke
drawnverybadly
TheMuffinMan
mikebr
LDD
knumbnutz
BobW981
Charles
SMTCapeCod
lcjohnny
Joeker80
alanlemansiv
Edown101-23
gertler
zeke81
Ulf
rick pope
Groovitz
Robinson_Spike
odder
Axael
Stubbie
Utesch
Ditchfinder
wrinkley
Griso Tom
Leone
PunkScout
WhiteGC
vee2win
saganIsMyHomeboy
melonman
kiwi dave
Paggers
hezovka
janguzzi
sideshowbob
Weißgerät
Sollep
jlburgess
BB43215
Nobleswood
beetle
MrGPz
RIKBRIANT
GuZeee
svru
davem
eeyore
Street
sidrat
paulbrice
oediehl
charliebigonions
EricS
2highlander
petarzil
DangWangi
wardentm
Brent S
Guzzi Cat
barton
Daves-i-Know
Lemppari
ultra
FreshEgg
Hacky
LBC Tenni
bradbusa
Papa Lazarou
boxerscott
keenerkeen07
Charlie J
Oz1200Guzzi
waterbottle
MalG
tarsky68
jexmatex
supercoyote
Cantaloop
jomartijr
kmac33
roam
joshct
AOAM
Grade247
Chronic
JestersInc
Josh.C
rickmain
damoru
bikesnbones
ronbo10
Overholt13
Triman023
Caedmon
Midlifecrisis
enghira
austin_22
little750
bioman
grisorosso
J1anno
tocino
spozzy
Mr Griso
mark111
Birch
msestak
Canyon Carver
Ad B
swagzz
wardest
WCB
Guzziboy66
Phang
DungeonMaster
pauldaytona
Landman
Pete Roper
NorthBayGriso
wittangamo
Grisonut
Oca
Steak
Uzidzit
136 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
spozzy
Carlotto
Carlotto
spozzy

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:31 am

Thanks for info on the Quat D and the Arrow.
Actually the frame that supports the H&B hard cases I have, is the lowest point of the whole assembly and closest to the stock pipe.
It only sits about 45 mm above the stock unit as seen below.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Any further thoughts on their respective abilities to clear this lot?

Spozzy
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:37 am

I mounted and test rode the G.P.R.yesterday with no issues about melting or discoloring the turn signal. It does sit very close to it as you know. Ambient air temperature was 100+ Farenheight.
I suppose if you were idleing, stopped for a great length of time, it could be a problem, but since you are moving the heat just goes rearward and away. Not to loud with insert in place.

UPDATE Just took a closer look at the rear turn signal above the exhaust and it IS SLIGHTLY DISTORTED from the heat.
I might have to move the turn signal inward or put mini-turn indicaters in place of the stock part. OR shorten and straighten the exhaust connecting pipe as illustrated elsewhere in this thread. Ba Humbug!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:49 pm

The main reason I relocated mine with altering the connecting pipe is that I wanted clearance for my GIVI bags.
But besides that, why the fuck does that slip on has to be so high?!?!
I realize now that ordering that set up for a Norge would have been the way to go...
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:11 pm

Grisonut wrote:
The main reason I relocated mine with altering the connecting pipe is that I wanted clearance for my GIVI bags.
But besides that, why the fuck does that slip on has to be so high?!?!
I realize now that ordering that set up for a Norge would have been the way to go...

Well I finally found a use for this old nozzel from a long gone vacuum cleaner! It's either this or replace the blinkers with some minis.

Last edited by Canyon Carver on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Tenerifegriso likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:57 pm

Shocked

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:15 pm

With the Tail Tidy I have and the Mistral pipe the blinker touches the pipe. Probably because it is wanky Carbon Fibre it doesn't get hot enough to cause a problem.

Thing is my old shitheap is now six, going on seven, years old. I'm not a big one for cosmetics and looks, (What's the point when you're as old and ugly as me?) but the old girl is beginning to look a bit second hand. I reckon when I do the roller tappet conversion it will be time to give her a bit of a freshen up. Headlight needs tarting up, now the fueling is good I reckon I could polish the pipes again and get them to look OK again, some smaller indicators that don't foul on anything! Very Happy

I really like the GRiSO, as I've said before if the factory had designed a bike specifically for ME they couldn't of done a better job looks wise. My guess is that 2015 will be the last year for the GRiSO. That means I should really start taking better care of my old lump.

I really hope that they show the 'Nuovo LeMans/Daytona' at the Milan show this year, I think something is in the offing. Chances are though is won't be able to ride it comfortably and I really, REALLY hope that it isn't as boring as the Capponord! That's a magnificent machine, bristling with technology but it sounds tinny and feels 'Flat'. I'd hate to see that foisted on a Guzzi.

Pete
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:23 am

Canyon Carver wrote:
Well I finally found a use for this old nozzel from a long gone vacume cleaner!

Hahahaha. That's awesome.

Pete Roper wrote:
My guess is that 2015 will be the last year for the GRiSO

Do you mean yours or the model? Is Guzzi getting rid of it?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:06 am

The model. It looks like accessory production is being wound down, (Both of the factory screens now appear to be 'Dead Stock' for example.) and a host of rumours are flying around about a new Guzzi 'Sportsbike'. While now is a lousy time to try and launch a new model it may be that Piaggio committed to it ages ago and they don't feel they can wait any longer.

I know the GRiSO is still listed as an available model for 2015 as there is a new parts listing on the factory site specifically for the 2015 model but beyond that? Who knows....?

Pete
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:11 am

tocino wrote:
Canyon Carver wrote:
Well I finally found a use for this old nozzel from a long gone vacume cleaner!

Hahahaha. That's awesome.

Pete Roper wrote:
My guess is that 2015 will be the last year for the GRiSO

Do you mean yours or the model? Is Guzzi getting rid of it?

I have mixed feeling on discontinuing the Grisso. Good for exclusivity but bad for parts availability, GULP!
Also G.P.R. is sending me a new tip for my slip-on that diverts the exhaust down. Not knowing this, last night I extended the pipe with some light plumbing tubing and painted it black. Nice to see a company take an interest in their customers!
Here's what I did to avoid melting the turn indicater any further.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:06 am

Parts availability will be fine, especially as the 8V motor and drivetrain will continue on. Accessories may be harder to find though.

Heck parts for the GRiSO 1100 are easy to come by and that bike hasn't been manufactured since 2007.

Nothing to worry about.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:21 pm

In Europe at least manufacturers are obliged to keep up parts support for at least ten years. Don't fret.

Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:27 am

Mechanical bits are shared across the board, not only with other Guzzi models but Ducati and Aprilia too.

Cosmetics and stand alone GRiSO parts maybe a little different but consider this;
1. GRiSO has become an almost instant classic or iconic model.

2. The GRiSO has probably been the most popular model over the last 7 years, meaning supply of 2nd hand bits will last for decades.

3. Due to iconic status, when NOS or second hand parts dry up, enterprising people will create reproduction parts.

4. When all else fails it gives people like me the excuse to re-invent the wheel. (no pun intended)

I'll probably be Don Abbondio for another 20 years.
Back to top Go down
J1anno
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
J1anno

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:55 pm

GRiSO, with mivv pipe. no db killer.

Back to top Go down
Birch
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:10 am

Now that MIVV pipe looks like it would clear the HB Jr hardware.

Hmm...
Back to top Go down
http://jasonedwardphoto.com
J1anno
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
J1anno

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:45 am

Though, I did modify the connecting pipe a bit(cut it a about 25% shorter).
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:44 pm

Yep, and by making it shorter it lowers it. Which is what you want...
Back to top Go down
Birch
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:46 pm

Then did you need a new mounting bracket?
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:55 pm

Yes. A 1/8' thick piece of stainless is all I needed.
For me, the trick was to engineer the connecting pipe...
Back to top Go down
grisorosso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
grisorosso

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:24 am

Agostini HydroFormed Muffler. Always wanted something from Agostini Duilio.
Straight from Mandello Del Lario, to Tasmania in 4 days. That's quick. Nicola in spares is a good bloke and speaks excellent English.
Available too from AF1 Racing in Texas at $800US.

Supplied with CatCan which is not fitted and a DB Killer which is, but removable.
Perfect fit as you would expect for the price.

Weight is 1.72kg or 3lb 12.7oz. Light.

Clears the pannier frames, is nowhere near the indicators and sounds fabulous.
Distance between rear rack mount point and top of muffler is 210mm or 8.5".
It is currently run without the DBK, or the Cat Can.

Here's a picture with the DBK fitted.

Movie with DBKiller removed. No CAT.

Last edited by grisorosso on Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:18 am

Nice! That really fits with the curve of the rear tail-section and the spokes of the wheel. Very stylish!
Back to top Go down
Birch
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:04 am

This is fantastic!

By "clearing the pannier frames" which frames? If it's the Hepco Becker Jr's, I think I found my exhaust for the G11.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:23 am

Really very beautiful!!  I am very curious to find out how it sounds!

grisorosso wrote:
Perfect fit as you would expect for the price.

What price are we talking about?  How did you buy it (website)?
Back to top Go down
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:04 am

The Hydroformed Agostini is sexy! affraid
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:02 am

Factory 'approved' Termignoni. Hmm. I've been rebuilding the 'universal' catcon/dBk map, using the Termi as the test mule. To use a common Roperism, "fuque me drunk!" It never occurred to me how much these things vibrate. The pipe introduces a low frequency vibration into the bars that I used to put down to 8V character. No no no! The stock factory pipe and the Mistral (with and without dBk) are smooth as the proverbial by comparison.

I think I owe someone an apology. You know who you are. Embarassed

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
little750
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
little750

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:13 am

Beetle thank you so it wasn't just me, can your mapping help this or do I need to dust of the STD pipe?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....
Page 5 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next