GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working

Go down 
+14
Leone
Gootzibird13
paulbrice
kiwi dave
eeyore
lcjohnny
DrPat
Red Leader
Kiwi_Roy
Oz1200Guzzi
Charlie J
bioman
f-man
sidrat
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Red Leader
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Red Leader

The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working   The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:50 pm

Hi Folks,
No, I haven't been bothered to look yet.

...spanner still flashing......

RL
Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working   The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:48 am

dumbass here

which switch are we talking about?

the one that you have to reach around to press on the LHS? The same one that resets the trip counter etc?

I would love to swap my LH switchgear out to a normal setup ie horn and turn signal in their 'normal' places and rewire that button to anywhere else on the bike...

anyone know if that's do-able?

Back to top Go down
Red Leader
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Red Leader

PostSubject: Re: The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working   The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:08 pm

Yeah...that's the one.
It's in a rubbish position....

I'm sure anything can be re-wired if you can be bothered.
Good luck & let us all know how you get on........... or just ignore it like I do!

Cheers
RL

Cheers
RL
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working   The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:23 pm

Mine had already had the dash control switch taken out to put different Guzzi switch gear in. I use one of these handlebar switches to the right of the main switch block Amazon linky - other shops are available.

I would like to replace the whole block with switchgear that puts the horn and indicator in easier places - but it would need a 3 way switch to control the dash dispaly as well - has anyone seen anything suitable?
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working   The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:14 pm

I mentioned reed switches, they are hermetically sealed contacts that can be activated with any small magnet, would be perfectly ok for something like a clock input that you use once or twice a year at most.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working   The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:23 pm

I use my little switch about once every 5 mile now i have the mpg corrected mpg-trip-avge speed
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working   The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:26 pm

Roy, I saw your enquiry about UJ's on WG. A brand new one is €204. Is it worth screwing about with an old one with buggered yokes?
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working   The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:05 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Roy, I saw your enquiry about UJ's on WG. A brand new one is €204. Is it worth screwing about with an old one with buggered yokes?
Pete, you are probably right, 5 years ago I sent it away to be refurbished and it lasted a lot of miles, I just assumed some sort of Loktite would take up any play.
I have seen a few of these, some much worse than mine.
Anyway I went on line to MG Cycle and ordered one, perhaps I will refurbish mine as a spare.
I was kind of put off by the origin of the crosses, I hope I'm not shocked when the joint arrives.

Thankyou for the sage advice.

Roy
Back to top Go down
tonym
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
tonym

PostSubject: Re: The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working   The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:32 am

Fixed the switch once on my 1200 Sport by removing the switch from the main housing and cleaning the contacts (you have to pry the end cap out and unsolder wires to access the internals) but its a PITA to solder wires back onto the pins before reassembly. Did it once but the second time the switch started playing up I thought it would be easier to circumvent the original switch and install a new aftermarket one

Got a waterproof one (IP68) from RS Components:-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Its works a treat , has a definite "click" when pushed so its much easier to reset clock, service icon etc as it only scrolls one digit at a time unlike the original.

after adding a bit of cable I ended up installing it on the dash held in place by a rubber grommet with cable hole, not sure where you mount it on the GRiSO but I sure a bracket could easily be made

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working   The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The little button that changes the clock display has stopped working
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2