GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Tuning noob; order of buisness...

Go down 
+8
Steak
sidrat
paulbrice
Midlifecrisis
moby
Pete Roper
guzziownr
Crazy88
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

Tuning noob; order of buisness...  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning noob; order of buisness...    Tuning noob; order of buisness...  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:11 pm

What do you weigh roughly?  Apart from the beetle map being a priority, having your forks and rear shock modified for your weight was a big and beneficial change for the better.  Once you start to get around 90-95kg and above some major handling/rideability gains to be made relatively cheaply if you use the stock forks and shocks.  A suspension guy will customize your spring weights, rebound and compression valves, shims and oil weight. Also have a Schraeder valve tapped into the reservoir if you are going to keep it. Plenty of threads on the options.  

I did not know enough to do it then but doing it now would take the forks and rear shock off myself and then ship them to someone well regarded (and reasonably priced).  The GRiSO has rebound, compression and preload adjustment on forks and rear shock so no need to go aftermarket - just needs tweaks on the internals. Ghezzi seems to be the suspension expert.

The Norge is much more basic with minimal adjustment on the forks so I went Matris front and rear for under a thousand USD total from Carpimoto in Italy.
Back to top Go down
Crazy88
Carlotto
Carlotto
Crazy88

PostSubject: Re: Tuning noob; order of buisness...    Tuning noob; order of buisness...  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:20 pm

Thanks for the info - sounds interesting; I must be somewhere around the 80kg mark but I've read some really good (non Guzzi) articles on the advantages of having the suspension honed to suit rider weight/riding style so well worth a look into...

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Tuning noob; order of buisness...    Tuning noob; order of buisness...  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:39 am

Be careful with rear Matris 'honed' to suit your weight and riding style....to be fair to Biketorque UK, they are sorting it out with the italian factory (after the Italian 6 weeks holiday season), but two of us with very different weights and similar riding style expectations went for Matris & both got exactly the same units - and both were much stiffer spring rate than stock (I'm 76kg), which wasn't the direction we were hoping.
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: Tuning noob; order of buisness...    Tuning noob; order of buisness...  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:51 am

I also had a Matris installed (second best decision ever, Beetl map first) and the secret is go to a suspension guru. They will take a look at you, your weight and ask what type of riding you want to do then install a spring to suit. Bespoked Matris is the best shock i have ever had, and that is saying something after riding many Dukes with Ohlins!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Tuning noob; order of buisness...    Tuning noob; order of buisness...  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:58 am

My Matris shock is definitely not oversprung.

I love you

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: Tuning noob; order of buisness...    Tuning noob; order of buisness...  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:04 am

I think my Matris is double sprung Crying or Very sad or at least it should be to haul my corpulent mass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tuning noob; order of buisness...    Tuning noob; order of buisness...  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Tuning noob; order of buisness...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2