GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO?

Go down 
+13
Seafrontpete
GuzziSteve
V11
Brent S
moby
Grisonut
GHTE
sideshowbob
davem
2highlander
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
ecs
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Seafrontpete
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Seafrontpete

What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO?   What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:09 pm

Hey guys, I bought the GRiSO because it didn't have ABS as my mates with the new GS1200's are having nightmares with their sensors and at $1500 per sensor I couldn't be arsed.
As i'm a useless twat with mechanicals I ride and don't tinker - good luck for you lot who do!

Pete
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO?   What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:34 am

Well, look what popped up today, just passing it along IF you are going to do it-----

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and another,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO?   What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:07 am

I've got the pump off a Cali 14 I'm happy to donate to the cause if someone wants to experiment.

Pete
Back to top Go down
avgpetro
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
avgpetro

PostSubject: Re: What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO?   What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:32 pm

Seafrontpete wrote:
..... my mates with the new GS1200's are having nightmares with their sensors and at $1500 per sensor .....

Just checked the price for the front sensor for the Stelvio NTX 2011-2015, at an official Piaggios dealer e-shop...
€52, thats AU$84.

Thanks for the info, I know some GS guys, I think "somehow" this will come up at some conversation :-D
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO?   What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:04 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
I've got the pump off a Cali 14 I'm happy to donate to the cause if someone wants to experiment.

Pete

I believe there's a bloke over Wagga way that is interested, Pete.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO?   What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:13 pm

There are to my mind two main issues.

Where do you put the bloody pump?

How do you wire it in to the harness?

I suppose if you fitted some sort of belly pan/Turd scoop you could hide the pump at the front of the sump like on a Crapponord but I can't see it fitting under the seat or the tank.

Pete
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO?   What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:43 am

Pete Roper wrote:
There are to my mind two main issues.

Where do you put the bloody pump?

How do you wire it in to the harness?

I suppose if you fitted some sort of belly pan/Turd scoop you could hide the pump at the front of the sump like on a Crapponord but I can't see it fitting under the seat or the tank.

Pete

Hi Pete, just back from Australia visiting the kids - sans laptop. We were down in Melbourne this time. From the start of the thread, there is a German board member (not accepting private messages) who has an ABS GRiSO with the pump where the snorkel was under the seat so someone has worked out how to do it. He may or may not have the one that was installed by a German dealer. Was discussing with Mark offline earlier in the month and wanted to know how easy or hard it was. Still a mystery...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO?   What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:17 pm

Look what I found while scrolling through some pics on my iPad.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO?   What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:01 am

At least that's not likely to get sucked into the air system. Rolling Eyes

Bill
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO?   What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:15 am

beetle wrote:

Look what I found while scrolling through some pics on my iPad.

Nice - getting somewhere.
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO?   What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:28 pm

I see no real problem in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO. When the one who does it is technical fit. The stelvio abs is less suited because it is made for a 19"frontwheel. Maybe it works, but if the front rear calibration works? Better one from a bike with both 17"wheels. breva of norge. I favour the conti abs maybe these are on a norge Gt? It would be more easy to ahve a loom from the donor bike to use the part with abs connector, and connect the wires to the GRiSO loom. I suppose there is to little space to use a norge or stelvio loom. For the loom, should be from same abs type as the abs is. (conti/bosch)

Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO?   What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:05 pm

My 2017 is being delivered March 9th so looking closely at this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO?   What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What is involved in retrofitting ABS to a GRiSO?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2