12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Beetle map

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rushjob
Carlotto
Carlotto
Rushjob

PostSubject: Beetle map   Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:33 pm

Have had my 1st GRiSO ('17) 1 month. I've noticed numerous mentions of Beetle's maps. I have 3 questions.
1) Cost of a map?
2) I don't have computer & wouldn't know how if I did. Who can do it at what additional cost?
3) How necesary is a map change if I plan on keeping the oem silencer? I'm not looking for increaseed performance, at 68 it feels great as is.
Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map   Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:00 pm

1. Maps cost $100 USD.
2. I'm sure we could find someone to help if required.
3. I always say, if you're happy with the way your bike runs, don't change anything.

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
JohnA
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map   Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:58 am

Rushjob,

I have a 2014 for almost 5 years now and only 11,000 miles and stock exhaust. Over time I’ve grown tired of the burping (small backfires) on downshifting and plan to finally make the change soon.
A colleague near me (cognosticator) and on this site, with a 2013 that I’ve ridden, has encouraged me to go for it. His bike runs pretty good and I felt better than mine.
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
Biondino
Biondino
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map   Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:40 am

You need a computer to load a map. I'm sure there are Guzzistas near you who would be willing to give an assist.

I was happy with my factory map in my 1100, but the upgraded map made it much better, particularly throttle snatch at low speeds.

I love Guzzi Diag, it alone is worth the time and energy to invest it. If you dont wrench on yoir own rides, it may not be a good move.

One final point, some say it's a good idea to wait till after your first valve adjust to load a new map, etc. Some say you can load from day 1. I see the logic for both positions, but I'm sure Beetle and Roper and others can speak to that.
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
Biondino
Biondino
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map   Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:49 pm

JohnA wrote:
Rushjob,

I have a 2014 for almost 5 years now and only 11,000 miles and stock exhaust. Over time I’ve grown tired of the burping (small backfires) on downshifting and plan to finally make the change soon.
A colleague near me (cognosticator) and on this site, with a 2013 that I’ve ridden, has encouraged me to go for it. His bike runs pretty good and I felt better than mine.

John, let me know when you are ready, we can make it happen :-) Since I can ride for a while, I might as well do something motorcycle related
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
Rushjob
Carlotto
Carlotto
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map   Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:18 pm

Thanks for the responses. I'll ride it awhile to aclimate then decide.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map   Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:08 am

"John, let me know when you are ready, we can make it happen :-) Since I can ride for a while, I might as well do something motorcycle related"

Hi Jerry, thanks for offering to teach me some more things. I sent you a PM. Hope your recovery from the surgery is still going well. Riding weather in south GA hasn't been that great so you haven't missed much lately.
Back to top Go down
burntclutch
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
burntclutch

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map   Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:54 am

Bulldog9 wrote:

I was happy with my factory map in my 1100, but the upgraded map made it much better, particularly throttle snatch at low speeds.

For this alone, it's a very appealing idea. What were the other changes for your 1100?
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
Biondino
Biondino
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map   Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:38 am

burntclutch wrote:
Bulldog9 wrote:

For this alone, it's a very appealing idea. What were the other changes for your 1100?

The only other engine related changes I made was to add the augostini hydroformed exhaust can.
Back to top Go down

Beetle map
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: