GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+93
rothbard
Evilgarfield
Oxpot
Bobcat Sig
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
Leone
LBC Tenni
Eire1400
Chris W
SMTCapeCod
Guzzi Two Shoes
VTwin
Weißgerät
PJPR01
lcjohnny
freewaystreak
BruPo
Spruce Goose
ssmith996
alanlemansiv
BowraBoy
Robinson_Spike
Kadonnut
Brian675
tazio
motor-timothy
bioman
Cantaloop
Clowell
Harald
Guzziholic
anguscameron1966
MrBob
Patlikestolean
garyclem
Cagefree
Stubbie
Florida lime
AlbertoS
Steak
GhostBullet
GuZeee
paulsgriso
stdunkel
vee2win
b3177h
Nobleswood
JohnA
Solojoe
kubbie
Joeker80
Clancy
rick pope
BB43215
YanksTT
GunnerDLR
waterbottle
Dilliw
V11
MalG
Bill Hagan
H-E-ROSS
sideshowbob
2highlander
diedel
antmanbee
Kernow
kiwi dave
wyno
guzziownr
Bulldog9
Pisano
PilotJet
McCarthy1983
ratso88
Guzzi Cat
knumbnutz
Merl3noir
Street
FrontRangeRider
bahamazoo
GHTE
Omnis
DeepSpace
GuzziSteve
burntclutch
Dave Swanson
The Dogfather
Pete Roper
paulbrice
Papa Lazarou
Richard
97 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:49 pm

Anything is possible. The injectors test OK with GuzziDiag, and it idles fine.

After it went less poorly (wet fart scenario), I thunk it over. It might be bad or dirty fuel. The servo I usually fill up at has recently changed from United to Mobil. I never had an issue with fuel from United, so that's one possibility. I'm going to pull the fuel pump and check the hoses and filter as per Pete's suggestion.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:19 am

Removed the fuel pump. Everything looks pristine. However, the filter is chockablock with...something. I couldn't find anything with similar dimensions locally, so I will visit the Filter Factory in Canberra on Monday.

I replaced the other injector with a new one as well. Just to be sure. I won't be putting the fuel I drained out back in, either. I don't trust it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:00 pm

If the filter is the same as in the V7 (& it's Guzzi, so why wouldn't they be), you've

Mann MWK44
Mahle KL145
AC GF61
BMW 16 14 2 325 859
Fleetguard FF149
Fram G2
Motocraft FG-2
Napa Gold 3032
Purolator F20011
Triumph T1240850
Wix 33032
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:54 pm

Thanks Mal. The Baldwin BF840 is too.

I can get the Mahle on eBay for $45. I'm in Fyshwick on Monday for work, so I'll be popping into the filter shop there.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:17 pm

Arse!

New filter & two new injectors. Fresh 98 Octane from a different servo.

Still. Fucking. Doing. It.

I'm terribly vexed.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:28 pm

Broken plug top..
Bike would run poorly and randomly run good bad good bad.. plug top had broken resistor . Replaced for standard plug top and plugs, bingo.. maybe try that too ?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:38 pm

You're still using the original caps aren't you? Might be worth making up some new leads with SB05E caps just to see........

Made a couple of other suggestions via text.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:01 pm

I've got some SB05E caps in the pile of munt.

I think I may have fallen into a trap of my own device. Just looking at the AFR log, I had a moment of clarity. The hesitation (henceforth known as 'misfire') was showing as a lean condition in the log. Brain must have been out to lunch, because whatever I was thinking with decided that a lean condition in the log was the result of no fuel, ie bad injector or blocked filter. Brain is back now, and tells me that a misfire will also show as a lean condition, because the wideband sensor senses oxygen, and when there's no spark, even with raw fuel being pumped into the zorst, there's more oxygen, because there's no combustion. Ergo, the O2 sensor output goes low (indicating a lean condition) because there's heaps of more oxygen than there should be!

d'Oh!

How embarrassment!

Embarassed

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:50 pm

But why did it suddenly start doing it then? It was fine, then it hit the skids?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:50 pm

That is the $64 question.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:59 am

Nice ride in the countryside in the middle of nowhere but vineyards drunken

Back to top Go down
V11
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
V11

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:13 pm

Stuck on two new tyres GT Angels and replaced the front discs which were worn after 94,000kms / ten years. The rear disc is actually worn worse but no local supplies available from Metal Gear, so that has to wait for a while. Bike will get a filter and oil before the Ragged Fringe.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:10 am

Keep an eye out for rear rotors, Darrel, at all the guzzi parts suppliers. I managed to get a couple for the V7 (none in the country, metal gear don't do them, nor anyone else apparently) from AF1 for $90 odd landed. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:59 am

Nice little Sunday jaunt but the GRiSO got the day off.  The hydro needed a little work so we did a cemetery tour and checked out some old head stones...

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:27 pm

Installed new plug caps to try and stop the "Blurp! Blurp! Blurp".

Nope, not them.

scratch

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:53 pm

Oh dear Neutral
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:22 pm

Then I pulled the leads out of the coils. Cleaned the contacts and expanded the clips slightly for (hopefully) better contact.

Engine started, so I didn't bugger anything up.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:24 pm

Hey beetle, do u have maps for breva 1100?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:37 pm

Yes

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:38 pm

Cleaning the coil lead clips didn't help. Next, spark plugs and relays.

Suspect

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
GunnerDLR
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
GunnerDLR

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:57 pm

Well, a very productive day for me.  Not much riding Crying or Very sad but got a lot of stuff done otherwise.  Took off the valve covers to verify my 2012 GRiSO was indeed rollerised  (by the engine serial its good, I just wanted eyeballs on it).  Good there so already happy.  Figured that since the covers were off, I might as well, and did, check and adjust the valve.  Most were spot on; had to adjust three a bit.  Put things back together, no extra parts lying about ... always a good thing.  Took it for a short test run and all good.

Then got a hold of Beetle with a question about a map, to which he responded promptly.  (Thank you!)  Ordered and got a map, then proceeded to upload it to the beast, reset trim, then took it out again for another test run.

Seat of the pants thoughts for a 15 miles run is: OMFG THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers  

More riding/testing to do tomorrow but right now I am one very happy camper.

Now I'm chilling with a pint on the porch watching the sun set.

Cheers!
Dale
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:26 pm

So far, new R5 on arse.

First functional use of the Kiwi Roy work stand.

First use of the official Oz1200Guzzi Wheel Alignment Pins.

Fuck me, the grooves are huge!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:50 pm

Hast thou sorted the misfire yet? The fact it is intermittent, (You said it only occurs @20% of the time?) makes me think something like a dodgy, fluttering relay or the like. Do you have spares? There are probably a shitload of them on the Cali 14 loom.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:04 pm

Sorted. Bloody spark plugs! All that stuffing about with the fuel pump and injectors and replacing my lovely stock plug leads when the simplest & easiest thing fixed it! Arse!

Well, the fuel filter did need replacing, so I won't have to worry about it for another 40,000km. Also, my local Mobil servo is forgiven.

Keep It Simple, Stupid!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:12 pm

Took the 1100 out for a coffee and bun at Bright. Then a fantastic burn up Mount Buffalo and home. The rider and beast were well pleased on such a glorious last day of winter.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next