GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+93
rothbard
Evilgarfield
Oxpot
Bobcat Sig
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
Leone
LBC Tenni
Eire1400
Chris W
SMTCapeCod
Guzzi Two Shoes
VTwin
Weißgerät
PJPR01
lcjohnny
freewaystreak
BruPo
Spruce Goose
ssmith996
alanlemansiv
BowraBoy
Robinson_Spike
Kadonnut
Brian675
tazio
motor-timothy
bioman
Cantaloop
Clowell
Harald
Guzziholic
anguscameron1966
MrBob
Patlikestolean
garyclem
Cagefree
Stubbie
Florida lime
AlbertoS
Steak
GhostBullet
GuZeee
paulsgriso
stdunkel
vee2win
b3177h
Nobleswood
JohnA
Solojoe
kubbie
Joeker80
Clancy
rick pope
BB43215
YanksTT
GunnerDLR
waterbottle
Dilliw
V11
MalG
Bill Hagan
H-E-ROSS
sideshowbob
2highlander
diedel
antmanbee
Kernow
kiwi dave
wyno
guzziownr
Bulldog9
Pisano
PilotJet
McCarthy1983
ratso88
Guzzi Cat
knumbnutz
Merl3noir
Street
FrontRangeRider
bahamazoo
GHTE
Omnis
DeepSpace
GuzziSteve
burntclutch
Dave Swanson
The Dogfather
Pete Roper
paulbrice
Papa Lazarou
Richard
97 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:35 pm

Peter, I think you're the first person I've heard talk about bokeh since I did my photography course at University. Nice shots too.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:34 pm

Today I rode, like the wind (well within reason) - good temperatures, light traffic, no dickheads, I got to work and enjoyed the ride. Best part is I have to reverse it later today. Yay!
Back to top Go down
The Dogfather
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
The Dogfather

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:26 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Today I rode, like the wind

I hope it wasn’t like “my” wind, otherwise it would have been uncomfortable at times and often unpleasant!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:45 pm

Call it assisted propulsion - yes been guilty of that, but the faster you go, the less odorous it is!
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:45 am

it is important to be in front of Tony when this occurs...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:59 am

When I went to zoom in to take a closer look, I accidentally tapped on the pic, and when it opened in a new window, it got a appropriately captioned.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:26 pm

Is that a bug or a vegetable ?
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:34 pm

you'd have to ask Tony about his diet.... Embarassed Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:46 pm

Ummmmmm Embarassed
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:31 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Call it assisted propulsion - yes been guilty of that, but the faster you go, the less odorous it is!

AKA, "crop dusting" Shocked
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:19 am

not the first time mind...

and it gets worse..... Shocked

in the face What a Face

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:23 pm

Was hoping to ride into the foothills of the Snowy's. Got about 50km in and the red triangle of death reared it's ugly head. Left rear blinky out. Again. Rolling Eyes

I pulls up and rips the seat off. Wire had decided to free itself of the crimp lug in the connector. Well, not so much as free itself, but break. I opens the wee tank bag, expecting to find a selection of tools I typically carry in it. Allen keys, check. Side cutters, nope. Sigh.

I gnashed the wire with my teeth enough to get about 4mm of conductor. I had to poke my face real close. I twisted it up and poked it into the lug. I used a cable tie to "secure" it to the connector. Red triangle gone. Yay!

Ride home and repair, somewhat temporary permanent. Hills can wait until next week. Hello, bourbon.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:59 pm

Mac Gyver is back Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:26 am

I like the 'temporary permanent' solution. And always carry your Boy Scout knife.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:52 am

A small blade or 2, a coil of fine solder & one of those flame thrower lighters (Auto One has a selection of improved versions once more) don't take up much room. But you know all that, you just set out for the Post Office, and thought you'd keep on going.

I'll be heading that way - leaving on or about the 28th - South Coast, Snowies, Omeo Hwy, maybe the Bonang - for a week or so. If you're out & about then, and get further into the wilds & have a small hiccough, give us a yell. There's all sorts of just in case bits in the panniers & tank bag.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:24 pm

I normally carry enough tools to get me out of any small mishap, but yesterday was an exception.

scratch

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:00 pm

beetle wrote:

Was hoping to ride into the foothills of the Snowy's. Got about 50km in and the red triangle of death reared it's ugly head. Left rear blinky out. Again. Rolling Eyes

I pulls up and rips the seat off. Wire had decided to free itself of the crimp lug in the connector. Well, not so much as free itself, but break. I opens the wee tank bag, expecting to find a selection of tools I typically carry in it. Allen keys, check. Side cutters, nope. Sigh.

I gnashed the wire with my teeth enough to get about 4mm of conductor. I had to poke my face real close. I twisted it up and poked it into the lug. I used a cable tie to "secure" it to the connector. Red triangle gone. Yay!

Ride home and repair, somewhat temporary permanent. Hills can wait until next week. Hello, bourbon.

I grade that somewhere between impressive and insane, with bourbon finish giving impressive the win. cheers

Seriously, well done. Thumbs Up

Bill
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:36 pm

beetle wrote:

I normally carry enough tools to get me out of any small mishap, but yesterday was an exception.

scratch

If you had tools it wouldn't have happened.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:47 pm

Aye, Murphy's Law.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
The Dogfather
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
The Dogfather

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:45 pm

GuzziSteve wrote:

If you had tools it wouldn't have happened.

Ain’t that the truth! Still, Always a leatherman, small roll of gaffer tape and a bent up coat hanger on my bike as a minimum.
Back to top Go down
paulsgriso
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
paulsgriso

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:39 pm

Well , got a few days off work, its raining outside and i finally got a chance to browse some content on this forum. I have enjoyed this 'what have you done to your GRiSO today' thread. 3 things stuck out during my browsing :

Beetle fighting with his bike to find out the spark plugs are bad ( this is the go to guy for guzzi tech ) and a big reminder to me that it is often the little stuff that trips you up.

The GRiSO scrambler bike that had the 80/20 tires, it was such a shock (a good one ) to see the bike , i had to look at the pictures for a long time . Was this done for a certain trip involving a lot of dirt/gravel roads?

The last one was the poor GRiSO with the caved in fuel tank . I was expecting something like my bike was in the garage and the spare engine for my bike fell out of the rafters above it and landed on my bike, but NO a blocked vent tube. It scared the crap out of me that a warm fuel tank could do that when it gets cold. My GRiSO has the canister that people referred too and now i think it must go , at the very leased, to avoid this situation.

Thank you all for such an insight on these bikes , loved the stories and hopefully i can add a few as myself and my new GRiSO get some miles.

Oh, one more thing , @ beetle did the GRiSO come in that orange color from the factory ? if not i must say it is a stunning combo in that color.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:27 pm

paulsgriso wrote:

Oh, one more thing , @ beetle did the GRiSO come in that orange color from the factory ? if not i must say it is a stunning combo in that color.

No mate, not the 8V. My GRiSO is Black. The fabulous orange is vinyl wrap. cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:58 pm

Rolled over 50,000km today. That's more k's than any motorcycle I've owned.

I think I'll keep it.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:25 pm

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:50 pm

Morgan Park Racing Complex this weekend, new injectors, mapping fun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next