GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Electric gremlin: HELP!

Go down 
+7
Oz1200Guzzi
moto
2highlander
GR1064
beetle
Richard
Lemppari
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:59 am

Code recovery gave me a Text : Invalid function😠
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:23 am

It sits around the ignition switch.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Part #19

They aren't particularly expensive. 981160 is the part number but it doesn't come up at Teo's for some reason. There are multiple sources available with a quick google search.

Replacing it requires removing the ignition lock which is boring because it has snap-off tamper proof screws holding it on but it's not a huge clusterfuck, just boring.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:46 am

Thanks Pete. Before ordering a new antenna, I might as well check the connection first!
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:11 am

Connectors checked, same result. I'll order a new antenna from Agostini's, they seem to have one in stock.
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:52 am

Update: New antenna installed. Battery connected, power switched on, Code inserted. Watched the same service text & warning triangle come up. FUCK! Diagnostics gave the same DGS 01 both active and memory. Is there something in the process I've done the wrong way? I'm at the end of my tether.

Could I get something more specific via Guzzidiag and work from there? Or is it better to take the bike to an official Guzzi mech, I know a guy who also did my roller conversion and he's good.
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Dashboard dilemma!   Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:50 am

Update: New antenna installed. Battery connected, power switched on, Code inserted. Watched the same service text & warning triangle come up. FUCK! Diagnostics gave the same DGS 01 both active and memory. Is there something in the process I've done the wrong way? I'm at the end of my tether.

Could I get something more specific via Guzzidiag and work from there? Or is it better to take the bike to an official Guzzi mech, I know a guy who also did my roller conversion and he's good.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:08 am

Merged with your initial topic so that folks can follow your Dashboard Dilemma...

Hope you don't mind.

- SD

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:42 pm

So guys, I have installed a new antenna, but to no avail. The dash asks for the code every time I turn it on and the service warning still comes on. Diagnostics still gives DSG 01 both active and memory. Cannot be deleted if I try. Where do I go from here?
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:35 pm

This might be a stupid question, but I can see you're desperate.

When you replaced the antenna, did you create a new user code? Perhaps the code has defaulted to 00000, which will always ask to be inserted.

Just my $0.02¢.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:39 pm

Also, have you tried your spare key? The transponder in the key you are using may be shagged.
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:04 am

After installing the new dash, I changed the code. After changing the antenna, the dash kept asking for a code when switching on and the previous code was accepted. The problem is still the same, the dash wants a code every time I switch on and the service warning comes on. I haven't tried the second key yet, but will do it when I get to the garage.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:16 am

So you're still getting the antenna code?
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:28 am

Yup, DSG 01. I've been pondering if I'm doing something wrong in the procedure. Might try changing the code once more....
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:36 am

I hope the transponder is not in the Guzzi logo of the key, because that has fallen off!
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:30 pm

It sits right behind it, I suggest you find that second key.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:13 pm

The logos all fell off my keys years ago. It shouldn't make any difference.

From here I can't think of much more help to give. If it's giving the #1 dashboard code it's either not recognising the key or the antenna is not picking up a signal. I suppose from here it will be a matter of tracing the continuity through the loom.
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:24 am

Another strange detail: When changing the code, why doesn't the unit ask for the second key? As I understand it, I'm then left with a pair of keys with different codes?

What if I start a new page with two brand new keys from locksmith, uncoded. How do I go about it then?
Back to top Go down
little750
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
little750

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:49 am

You have coded the keys into the new dash? See here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
or here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:54 pm

Lemppari wrote:
Another strange detail: When changing the code, why doesn't the unit ask for the second key? As I understand it, I'm then left with a pair of keys with different codes?

What if I start a new page with two brand new keys from locksmith, uncoded. How do I go about it then?

Because the code is stored in the dash and the das associates that code with the keys. The keys don't contain the code.
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:10 am

YESYESYESYES!!! That was the trick! Change keys-function. I'm sooooooo relieved. I would have never thought of that with a set of old keys. Would the process be the same with a brand new bike? Well, doesn't matter. I have a working motorcycle, now we have to wait for rideable weather as it has now snowed for 3 days in a row. Not to speak about the 'Mexican Beer' lockdown.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:41 pm

HUZZAH!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:47 am

You can say that again!
cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Electric gremlin: HELP!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2