GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues

Go down 
+10
antmanbee
JohnA
GuZeee
Steak
beetle
bahamazoo
MrBob
GuzziSteve
paulbrice
Bill Hagan
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Empty
PostSubject: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:45 pm

So, here I sit in a state of isolated self-pity as I realize what a certifiable 19th century fellow I really am.  Sad

The “bottom line up front” is that I cannot get Guzzidiag to work.

Our governor has shut us in ’til 10 June (!), thus I am forced to try on my own what I would usually whine ’til IT Guzzisti friends came to help, if only to shut me up.  Wink

But, "it’s an ill wind,” etc., so I am trying.

The goal is to get proficient enough to do on my own, but to get there, I have to get the #$%^(*&^% program even to start.  Grrrrr.

Yes, I read every word of all 13 pages of the tutorial thread, and skimmed some of the other separate related ones.

I am working with this version of a MacBook Pro:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I downloaded what I think are the correct files and put them into one folder on my desktop:

Yes, I (think I) know that some of those files are unneeded.

Anyway, I simply cannot get anything to happen.

It is my understanding — yes, don’t say it — that I do not have to hook up the cables (which I have) to make GuzziDiag start up, but I have done it that way, too.  No joy.  No nada, FTM.

I would thus be grateful for some pointers.

Apologies in advance for my abysmal and shameful ignorance.

Grovelingly yours,

Bill

Last edited by Bill Hagan on Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:03 pm

I'm no IT expert Bill & I hate Apple OS (just putting that out front !)...it should just load when you open the app irrespective whether you have cables or a bike to connect even, assuming you have Mac OS X version of guzzidiag.....that said I also usually shutdown antivirus & firewalls before launching Guzzidiag and tunerpro etc as they may cause no event.

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:48 pm

Looks like you double click on the bigger red square app. That is for DIAG. I use windows
Looks like you have a Beetle map, with reader & writer apps in there also.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:28 pm

Get this when I try to open in the usual way:

Am now looking at a w/g thread wherein Mark responded to some Mac-specific issues. Might be an answer there: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bill

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:45 pm

LOTS of recent info on p8 over there: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not sure that the bottom line is a smiley face, but will at least try to slam the GD47 file into the applications folder.

I do like my Mac. Lots. But this is maddening. Might buy a bottom-of-the-line Windows laptop for this and some other Mac-hating stuff.

Bill
Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:14 pm

Bill.

Try :  Drag and dropping  program into Applications and open from there. Worked for me.

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:39 pm

MrBob wrote:

Bill.

Try :  Drag and dropping  program into Applications and open from there. Worked for me.

Thanks.

Mine wouldn't drag, but I did copy & pasted it into Applications.  Sadly, still got this:

Now on Amazon and ebay looking for cheap mfgr-refurbished Windows laptop, e.g., this -- Cheap Laptop! :-)  -- to do GuzziDiag stuff.

Bill
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:55 pm

don't do it Bill, don't cross back to the dark side.... Mac works happily with Guzzidiag.
unfortunately I am locked down in a sad wifi situation, and cannot download/see your photos, so advise is limited.... but what the boys have said is right... given that you have downloaded the OS Mac version, just drag it into applications and follow the prompts...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:06 pm

Bill, try right-click (or CTRL-click for the stupid one button mouse), and then select 'open'. It must be in the Applications folder.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:50 pm

bahamazoo wrote:
don't do it Bill, don't cross back to the dark side.... Mac works happily with Guzzidiag.
unfortunately I am locked down in a sad wifi situation, and cannot download/see your photos, so advise is limited.... but what the boys have said is right... given that you have downloaded the OS Mac version, just drag it into applications and follow the prompts...

I hear you.  Love our Macs.  This is the first time in 10 years that we have encountered a problem.  Not a bad track record.     Wink

beetle wrote:

Bill, try right-click (or CTRL-click for the stupid one button mouse), and then select 'open'. It must be in the Applications folder.

File is in Applications.

Tried.

Got this:

Will start from scratch, i.e., clear out all and reload carefully, then do the CTRL-click afresh.

Many thanks, Mark!

Bill
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:59 pm

Associated with Adobe, eh? Oh dear.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:52 am

Oh, good.

I now feel even stupider. 🙄
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:06 am

It happens with some operating systems. Well, MacOS & Windoze.

Unzip it into the Applications folder.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:23 pm

I got an off-line comment from Tim, a Guzzisti who has successfully used a MBP (with same series of OS) with Guzzidiag.

Interestingly, he said, however, that he has an older version of GuzziDiag (v0.46). He tried to use v0.47 when that came out, but recalls having problem, so he just went back to 46 rather than try to make 47 work. He has a Stelvio and a new V7, but has not yet tried it on the latter. Can't imagine that making any difference, but then again I haven't any of the PITA this has been so far. Wink .

Tim's email won't let him attach the0.46 application file. I'll wander the web for that tho he suggested trying Dropbox.

If successful (or not) with 46, I'll post here.

Many thanks again.

Bill
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:55 pm

Zip is your friend.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:37 am

Ugh, I too have an older version of Guzzidiag running on an older MacBook/MacOS (High Sierra???)

I've been contemplating updating on this MacBook Pro with Catalina, but have not yet forayed... Another project for Love in the Time of Coronavirus...

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:43 am

Put the Guzzidiag app in the Applications folder and run it from there instead of the desktop.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:27 am

GuZeee wrote:
Put the Guzzidiag app in the Applications folder and run it from there instead of the desktop.

Understand.

It's there.  Actually, 47 & 46 are both in my Applications folder.

Neither worked.

FWIW, neither appears to be a zip file, tho 47 was downloaded from the tutorial [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]; got 46 from a Dropbox transfer.

Then (actually while pecking out this post) tried to work some magic using suggestions from here -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] -- and, yes ... BINGO!

I'm seeing the yearned-for "red boxes." Joy!  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers

Did NOT work with 47, but did with 46.  May try another hint from that web article to open 47, but happy to be "in it" as it is.

Tim (Harvey Mushman on ADVR) gave me the link to that article and sent 46 by Dropbox.

Thanks to all for assistance.

Bill
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:00 am

I've escalated this issue to the author GuzziDiag.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:35 pm

The good -- and, yes, especially relevant here  Wink  -- news is that my GRiSO is great joy.  Took it on an almost sublime romp yesterday ... see my post in “what did you do …” & pix, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But, sigh, the Stornello is driving me crazy.  It ran great on beetle's map, but now seems to have "self-replaced" its stock map, but with "issues."  

Perhaps, as the subject line for this thread I started says it all, but I am now able to use GD version 46 with my Mac.  All seemed well.

Somehow, however, and I did not do any rewriting, beetle's map seems to have disappeared and the stock 4533v796 returned!

In of itself, that would not be more than a puzzle.  The stock map isn't bad.

But it runs terribly.  Starts and idles well enough, but when revved slowly, it will bog (without any load) at some point early on and not recover.  Seems to be running on one cylinder, and right-side plug is wet(tish).

On GuzziDiag, got P0611 error, "Fuel Injector Control Module Performance."

Checked on those, along with ensuring crank-position sensor was clean.  Then realized it was showing Lambda data, which I thought Mark's map removed from system.

Pix of checking process here, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] tho the last, especially, is here:

Note it shows 4533v796 as map. Is that not the stocker? scratch

Thoughts — even flames — invited.

Grazie,

Bill
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:54 pm

Bill, I don’t change the name of the map in the map. So they will always identify as a stock map. I can assure you, the ECU cannot reload it’s factory map all on it’s lonesome.

Even when lambda is deactivated in the map, the lambda probes still function, and send a signal to the ECU. The ECU ignores it.

Wet plug suggests spark failure. You can check the spark and the injectors with GuzziDiag. Pull the plugs and connect them. Let them lie against the valve cover and run the spark test. You should be able to see it sparking.

For the injector, pull the injector and point it at a container to capture the fuel. Run the the injector test. It will fire it 8(? I think) times. If it’s not shutting off properly it will probably dribble.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:51 pm

beetle wrote:

Bill, I don’t change the name of the map in the map. So they will always identify as a stock map. I can assure you, the ECU cannot reload it’s factory map all on it’s lonesome.

Even when lambda is deactivated in the map, the lambda probes still function, and send a signal to the ECU. The ECU ignores it.

Wet plug suggests spark failure. You can check the spark and the injectors with GuzziDiag. Pull the plugs and connect them. Let them lie against the valve cover and run the spark test. You should be able to see it sparking.

For the injector, pull the injector and point it at a container to capture the fuel. Run the the injector test. It will fire it 8(? I think) times. If it’s not shutting off properly it will probably dribble.

Many thanks, Mark.

Understand.

Well, to the extent, that is, that my IT-moto-neurons are capable. Rolling Eyes

A knowledgeable wrench and IT guy -- Steve, Bulldog9 here cheers -- is coming out tomorrow to make all right.

Will post here how that turns out.

Bill
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:26 pm

Guys, I’ve also had better success on my windows PC with version V0.47 than the latest on the diag website V0.48
I have to believe having the newest version of software on older machines (my “extra” PC that I use) has Windows Cool is not a good idea. In looking at the instructions (PDF) I think it shows version 0.45 for the example. At least the pdf I downloaded.
I could understand the newest version not working on Bill’s MAC. Glad he has IT help coming. It can be very frustrating.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:28 pm

Instead of the smiley face - should have shown Windows 8
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:19 pm

Just posted this on the ADVRider V7 thread as that is where I have done most of my pathetic moaning about the Stornello.

But as I also bothered you all with a V7 issue and got help from you -- thanks! cheers -- I'll post the (happy) story here, too.

The BLUF is that the Stornello runs GREAT again with beetle's map (re)installed).

But the unexplained mystery is how it went from that to garbage with no known input to make that change.

Anyway, here's more:

======================

The Stornello runs again!

Saint Steve (Bulldog9) saved me an eight-hour trip to the dealer.  If you saw my pickup, you'd know that I am not (entirely Very Happy) whining about the cost.  What a pain, but it seemed my destiny.

Not now.  Ran great in the Moto Grappa, with none of that bogging, missing, one-cylinder WTF action.

OK, you might understandably ask, how, etc.?

The short answer -- code for if I told you more I be lying!  Rolling Eyes  -- is that Steve saved the current (and likely corrupted somehow) map; (re)installed beetle's Stornello map, and it was "the envelope, please" time.

Yee ha!  Steve, on my III, and I on the Storny, took a few-miles test ride and "it's back."  cheers

BD9 will likely come on later to straighten out any of my gibberish about this, but I am near giddy over the change in the Storny.  And, even better, all of my Guzzis now run again.  

Here are some pix of the process:

Bringing the Stornello Back from the Dead

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues   Guzzidiag - Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Need Help: Pathetically Basic GuzziDiag Issues
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next