GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Why a Guzzi

Go down 
+33
CPB
Olof
tocino
LBC Tenni
keenerkeen07
Blue
sidrat
Pete Roper
motomonster
Caedmon
Mr Griso
Canyon Carver
opc
stacius
spozzy
Ad B
rboe
guzziownr
Oz1200Guzzi
Scot p
Oca
Grisonut
beetle
DungeonMaster
guzziman62
AH Head
Landman
HOG4DNR
Street
GNORTS
Steak
Grisodude
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 27, 2014 6:17 am

Cudo's to Harry for starting this thread. Great read. Should be mandatory for all Noobs first post.

I was born a motorcycle tragic, I used to flood my dad's BSA Golden Flash every morning. Brrmm!
Forward to 1973, last year of school, I saved my 2 bob a week pocket money to buy a bike magazine. In it was a Le Mans MK1, pure sex, although at the time I had not experienced such things.

Ten years later when normal Jap bikes were half price to a Guzzi, I received Long Service Leave & Superannuation refund when I quit my job. I put down a deposit on a Honda CBR1100 six hour special. My mate punched me in the head, thanks Rob! I had always stated I would buy a Guzzi if I scored (cash). Next day I test rode a demo MK III Le Mans, bought it, rode it to the Honda shop and cancelled my order.

Sold it 2 years later, and cried. I had 4 other bikes and some bloke kept pressuring me to sell it. That was 1985 and both he and his brother have been Guzzi converts since. I've owned 40 plus bikes in all but I keep coming back to Guzzi's, No. 6 now, the Bellagio.

I was born a motorcycle tragic, I will die a Moto Guzzi tragic. I have been diagnosed with Mandello marrow in my bones, honest. I'm the most hygienic bloke in town, my wife took me to the cleaners in 2003. Diagnosed with depression in 2004 as I couldn't climb back on the "quarter acre clown" wagon. House prices were climbing faster than I could save a deposit. My Doctors orders were go and buy a Moto Guzzi and remain a functioning member of society. So I went shopping for a 750 Breva but a (new 2001) Cali was the same price. Bought it. Cured!

Tried converting the Cali into a Ghezzi & Brian Fionda, was cheaper to buy a Ducati Hypermotard as it had all the same running gear. Turned an old fart into a young dickhead but the motor was the wrong way round and it had a chain thingy. Sold it, spent 23k on a 2 stroke project that isn't finished ...................... yet.

Was going mad without a bike to ride for 3 years. Doctor Doctor!
Had been test riding modern Guzzis including GRiSO's. Local importer wouldn't tune them proper and all the 1100/1200's I rode were absolute shite. The Bellagio however seemed to have such a sweet motor and for some reason, the cleanest fuelling. 2011 I drove 600km to check one out, owned by a Dr. The battery collapsed and wouldn't run without jumper leads, loaded it and brought it home. It's Ok, the Doctor only sold the Bellagio coz he had bought a new 1200 Breva. He knows.  Wink

If I had a choice between my Guzzi, or sex every night with a blonde bombshell, I know I would get tired of the same ol' same ol' after a week. So I'll keep the Guzzi thanks!
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 27, 2014 9:39 pm

I got a Guzzi because I have big feet.

In 1989 I was 30 years old driving a '69 Porsche 912 money pit.  My father is at the wheel here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I decided to economize by buying a nice reliable motorcycle.  After much research I decided to get a used BMW.  While I was trying to find one I saw a strange motorcycle parked at the curb.  It was glossy black with no decals or striping but eventually I noticed the Moto Guzzi cast into the valve covers:  An Eldorado spotted in the wild!

I sat on some nice airheads.  Slash sixes were trading around $3,500.  Nicer bikes cost more. I would look down and see my toes inches from the Bing carbs.  It didn't seem right...

I eventually bought a "stock" 1972 Eldorado money pit for $2,500.  It was cheaper and there was room for my boots.

in 1999 I was 40 years old and traded the fully restored 1972:

...on a new Jackal.

To keep my hand in I bought a 1975 Eldorado basket case.  Shown here completed:

I sold the Jackal to buy a 2004 V11 Sport.

In 2009 I was 50 years old...

Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 30, 2014 12:21 am

Started out years ago on a used TS-125 'cause I couldn't afford a car. Rode that until late fall, by that time I got a car (POS, but that's another story). Bike got parked for a spell until the local Honda dealer had sale on left over stock CJ360T's. Picked one up and rode the snot out of it. This was the bike that got me into the biking part of motorcycling.

I was in northern Minnesota at the time with my heart still in Montana and the 360 was light years ahead of the 125 but a new Kawasaki dealer had some cool bikes so the Honda was traded in on a very cool looking KZ550 Ltd.

A year later had me working at a Honda Suzuki dealership and our main mechanic, my old Kawasaki mechanic drove an old Guzzi (Ambassador I think, a bit of a dresser and black). That was my introduction to Guzzi's and that set the mold for what a Guzzi was until I discovered the Guzzi dealer in Prescott and found out Guzzi had a sporting side. Who knew!?

The KX550 put me in the hospital a couple times and the last time I decided that was enough. Had lost a brother, was back in college; good time to give bikes a break.

While at the air port getting ready to fly to a family reunion in Montana I picked up Robb's Report, Motorcycles. This gave my wife cause for concern and I assured her I was just looking. Really. I believed it myself!

Well my new hobby of amateur astronomy had a couple motor heads in the lot and between them and Robb's Report (oh man they had some out of this world bikes in there) the bug was starting to bite again.

After much hand wringing I ended up a Quota; mostly because I wanted something different and I recalled the Guzzi from my pre-college days at the shop.

Then Honda dropped the CB1100 on the market (but did not import it for the first three years) and I was quite keen on her which primed the pump to look at a different machine. I was aware of GRiSO's but they didn't do it for me. Then the Tenni green one came out. Oh my. Then the dealer in Tucson posted a picture of one he had on Facebook. Crap. Talked to him, looked around at other bikes. Talked to the credit union, did major hand wringing; then bought it. The very odd thing about the whole process; never at any point did I tell the dealer that I was going to buy it. Never said I'd take it. Somewhere in the process I think we just assumed that I was getting it.

A year later I bought the CB. :)The CB is everything the GRiSO isn't  (I have this thing for round analog gauges) and the GRiSO is pretty much everything the CB isn't. If only I could blend the two. Smile

A buddy offered to buy the Quota after he heard I had picked up the GRiSO so that went away. Along the way I added a Honda XR650L but a GRiSO crash took out my right clavical which means my dirt days are probably over :(but I have a second set up rims and the torque is so much fun; and she's paid for..........

Picked up a buddies 1973 CB350F, a clean old bike that turned into a small project. Very little torque, four carbs, and no room for a tall skinny guy so it left too. I kinda miss my old CJ360T.

And now Beetle is trying to teach me how to test ride a new map. I can tell the difference between the Quota and the GRiSO and I see some differences between some of the maps but lordy it's an up hill battle.

So got a Moto Guzzi to have something different but it has gotten to the point you can't toss a stick in the parking lot and not hit a GRiSO or two! WTH! Another buddy just picked up a used one (the screeming deal one in California) and if JJ pulls the trigger on one half my buddies will be on bloody Grisos!

The Honda CB1100 is looking to be the rare bird I wanted.......  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Ad B
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Ad B

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:36 am

Hi,

Everybody has certain feelings about a bike.
From your start till now, you learn. Sometimes a lot, sometimes not...
Nothing wrong with the last. Learning can go along with disasters and mistakes...
The most start with an easy Japanese bike, enjoying driving around.
Some of us evolve... I reached the stadium of riding a Harley for 20 years.  silent 
Others keep going Japanese, other are going for the Beemers.
Some of us are finally falling in love with a Guzzi... bounce  
I fel in love with a GRiSO...
I've met the model in 2006 (a G11) for the first time, that was love at first sight.
But my life had to wait 4 years before I said my dear Harley goodbye.
My special build Harley (by myself...) was a part of my life for 20 years, he was my lifestile.
But after the 4 years, from the moment of love at first sight... a GRiSO hit me again.
A very nice, very young G12 was flirting with me on the Internet... he seduced me...
After some very serious conversations with my wife, I bought that GRiSO.
I went for a test drive. Wow, what a bike! Nice power, awesome looks.
My Joe Bar feeling was back in an instant.  Razz 
In front of the bikeshop, I accelerated and oeps, out of sight in a few seconds...
The trafficlight after, a policeman on his (BMW) bike stopped besides me...
He saw my grin of at least 10 meter (35 feet) under my jethelmet on my face...  Viva la Fiesta 
I turned the throttle once and said to him: nice hmm?
The policeman smiled a bit back, set his BMW in his first gear and drove of with the green light.
I took the turn and threw all the horses from that G12 all over the street.
My Joe Bar feeling was pumping in high speed through my vains... I was 18 again...
Now I love my G12.  I love you 
I treat him as good as I can, I give him all my love (that bit wat's left, my wife doesn't use...)
Sometimes I pimp him, with nice accessoires and exclusive parts.
It's MY G12... THE ONLY ONE!
Once my wife asked me the most terrible question you can ask your partner...
She asked (while she was looking at such a... (German thing), why didn't you buy a BMW...?
Exact at that moment the owner started his Beemer... I said to my wife, THAT's why!  clown 
(It ran like a sewing-machine, absolutely no charisma)

I'm still and always will be busy at my bike. Ooh La La 
Last winter I rebuild my exhaust system and moved the oil cooler in front
Now I'm waiting for some small parts to be ready.
To let them make in carbonlook, the fly screen partly in carbonlook with "tri colore" striping.
Next... ??
Maybe all the electric of a Stelvio on my G12...  scratch 
Along with the ABS... Awesome thoughts... Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1200 8V ABS...
We'll see next winter...
My G12 till now
 Thumbs Up 

Ad B
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:25 am

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Good one. Smile
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:54 pm

..and so much like reality.

I mean, we all ride with our butts out at some point.

Don't we?   Cool

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:04 am

But don't admit it if you get pulled over... Just play dumb, say nothing!
Back to top Go down
spozzy
Carlotto
Carlotto
spozzy

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:16 pm

Why a Guzzi?
Well there seems to be a range of ways people get to the realization that the Guzzi, and specifically the GRiSO, is where they want to be.

In my own case I grew up on a diet of British bikes - mostly Nortons. Most of my buddies had european bikes, and a few of us 'soldiered on' with British iron.
As I enjoyed the mechanical aspects of motorcycling (luckily), and my own endeavors culminated in building this girl from the ground up.
In the early 1980's this was a bit of a head turner, and appealed to my desire to ride something different. I've still got a soft spot for Nortons.

Then one day my brother bought an 850 LeMans with some tuned bits and pieces.
A very neat piece of machinery indeed! I had to have one of these.

And so the yellow Norton went, and a Mk2 850 LeMans took its place.
That bike went everywhere, faultlessly, and never missed a beat. And so started a love of Guzzi's and their quirky ways.

But like so many, other pressures of life took over, and after lots of faithful service, the LeMans was sold to buy a kitchen. Hmmm?
(I remember a buddy saying '...how are you going to ride a kitchen down the coast'???)

I figured my motorcycling days were over. Heaps of great times and fun, but I guess I had matured.

Then fast forward to 2011, and 2 things happened in quick succession.
My younger brother said 'It's my 50 birthday...screw it ..I'm getting another bike' - and he went out and bought a Monster.
And a friend of many years who new I had owned a Guzzi said 'Hey - you've never come to my garage and seen my bikes'
So I did - and he opened up an Aladdins Cave of 850 LeMans(x4), 750S3, 750S, and V7Sport Guzzi's.

The bug had bitten again.

So under the guise of a 'mechanical garage based project' I acquired an '81 CX100 LeMans. (Best to stick with the familiar). Hmmm she said!
And it was all very exciting to get back into motorcycles after many years away.

But like many with a fondness for the the 'round barrels', I really wanted a Mk1 LeMans - just like my brother had.
And on a trip to the US, the planets aligned and I stumbled across just such a gorgeous girl.

However, after some love and attention, both LeMan's were in sweet condition. I really needed that long term 'mechanical project'.

And so started the creation of the S3 Guzzi I could never afford to own (even if I could ever find one).
And while it may not be the real deal, it's pretty close to one of the best looking machines to ever leave Mandello.

But there was still a niggle - there was a gap that needed to be filled.
Apart from the fact I didn't own a motocycle from the 21st century.

And ever since first sighting the GRiSO when they were first released, I was completely taken by the appearance of this Guzzi.
These are unique - iconic.
And so it had to be.

I guess I'm not as mature as I thought, all those years ago when I gave up bikes.

And why a Guzzi? - I'm really not so sure how to answer that question.
Maybe they just make me happy.

Spozzy
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:50 pm

Too Much Gorgeousness!!!!!!!  Thumbs Up 
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:55 pm

Nice - very nice
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:03 am

Oh man, you've had some wonderful iron!

Who's bags on the GRiSO? As in the brand, I guess I'm pretty sure they are your bags. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:21 am

Those are Hippie Co. Backers I believe.

Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:28 am

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
spozzy
Carlotto
Carlotto
spozzy

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:19 am

You are spot on Steak - Hepco & Becker bags they are. (I think the 20 litre models).
And they fit well, and don't upset the bike when pedalling hard.

The down side is that the scaffolding stays on the bike when the bags are not being used,
so you loose the sleek lines a little.
But you cant have everything.

Spozzy
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:33 am

Steak's cartoon
Love it. Laughing 
Copied and will send to a BMW mate

Harry
Back to top Go down
stacius
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
stacius

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:04 am

I have always been around motorcycles growing up. My father had a Honda (I think a 550) back in the 70's, but he gave it up when he went down after hitting loose gravel in the alley behind the house. He was a firefighter and my mother thought he already had a risky job, so why take more chances?

When I was about 12, my 16 year old cousin tried to teach me how to ride his 125 one summer, but I think the experience scared him to death. He lived across the country, so I didn't have another chance after that.

Later, a couple of guys I worked with really got into bikes. I'd come into work and find pictures of all kinds of bikes left on the computers we all shared. Oddly, the seed didn't really get planted until a buddy of mine asked me if I wanted to buy his Vespa P-200e. I was having car problems at the time and figured a motorcycle would be a cool way to get around town. I had so much fun on that little bike. I rode it all over the city and beyond for over a year, I did a lot of my own wrenching on it and learned a lot. Then another guy I knew bought a Kawasaki Drifter 1500, which was based on the old Indian Chief. He let me sit on the bike at a picnic and the seed, planted earlier, somehow took root.

I got a Drifter 800 soon after that. A few years later, I spent my Xmas bonus on an almost clapped out '84 GPZ. I took off the front fairing on that bike, painted it with truck bed liner and added clip-ons. I found that going back and forth between bikes made for some interesting lessons. I loved the torque of the v-twin, but I hated the weight and handling of the cruiser. I loved the sportyness of the GPZ but didn't care for its inline four. So I wondered how I'd reconcile the two. I traded the Drifter for a 2008 Buell 1125r that I picked up in the Buell fire sale in late 2009. The GPZ's engine crapped out on a ride around the Cascades the following year.

The Buell has a great engine, but again the ergos weren't right. I modded the bike enough to make it reasonably comfortable but I don't really care for bike with a fairing. I wrestled with turning the Buell into a streetfighter, but I didn't want to spend more cash to make the mods. I pondered what bike would be next and nothing at the time seemed to fit the bill, although a few bikes came close: The Speed Triple, the ZRX, the SuperDuke, the X1200X and the K1200R/S.

Then one day I saw a GRiSO...I don't remember exactly (I think it was Hell for Leather review of the Tenni) but something clicked. I read every ride review I could get my hands on. I joined the Wild Guzzi and Guzzi Tech forum and learned as much as I could. I took a test ride on a GRiSO at Moto International (thanks Patrick!) This was what I was looking for, a v-twin that was comfortable, fast and didn't look like a muscle cruiser. A real Gentleman's Express.

I was hooked.

My wife and I try to support each other's interests, even if we don't share them. So she knew all about my bike lust. So a few weeks ago when a GRiSO popped up on Craigslist, she told me to check it out and we'd see if the financials would allow me to swing it. I emailed a friend who worked at MI to ask her about the bike and she told me that she'd sell me hers! So last week, we did the deal. I've put about 300 miles on my bike (I've named her The Bison) already and I've just about got the suspension set how I like it. I'm going to lower the pegs and put on a hugger and perhaps a belly pan (hey, I like the way they look!) The motor has more than enough grunt for the riding I do and I was comfortable at 80mph on the freeway, even without a screen. I think I'm falling in love and I've already told my wife that if I decide to sell the Buell...I want a Norge!

But it might be awhile.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:21 am

"The Bison"?
I love it. good name for a hot locomotive.
Back to top Go down
opc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
opc

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:12 pm

I've been asked this often since I got my GRiSO in the last few weeks.  On my way out of the office, I always walk past the rows of bikes in the lot.  There is never any shortage of HDs, a couple of Suzuki 250s, CBRs, Triumph SpeedTriples, Ducati Monsters, and BMW RT1200s.  

Then one day there was a GRiSO.  This was the only time I had to stop and take a second look...then a third and fourth look.  I was well and truly smitten.

One conversation in particular stands out when trying to describe the bike to a non-rider... "It's not the fastest, not the most nimble, not the most flashy", I said.  "What is it the best at?", he asked.   Rolling Eyes  This from a wanker who drives a Porsche Boxster.  Say, buddy, why don't you drive a 911? scratch 

At any rate, right now the mates ride Ducati 899 and Monsters, BMW Supersports and CBR600RRs.  The 899, by the way, is simply gorgeous.  Just drop dead gorgeous.  Pictures don't even come close to doing it justice.  

Even so, the GRiSO is for me.  Hands down the best choice, the most charismatic, dare I say dignified? Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:33 pm

Hands down, the best post today. Well said OPC.

Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:01 pm

opc wrote:
I've been asked this often since I got my GRiSO in the last few weeks.  On my way out of the office, I always walk past the rows of bikes in the lot.  There is never any shortage of HDs, a couple of Suzuki 250s, CBRs, Triumph SpeedTriples, Ducati Monsters, and BMW RT1200s.  

Then one day there was a GRiSO.  This was the only time I had to stop and take a second look...then a third and fourth look.  I was well and truly smitten.

One conversation in particular stands out when trying to describe the bike to a non-rider... "It's not the fastest, not the most nimble, not the most flashy", I said.  "What is it the best at?", he asked.   Rolling Eyes  This from a wanker who drives a Porsche Boxster.  Say, buddy, why don't you drive a 911? scratch 

At any rate, right now the mates ride Ducati 899 and Monsters, BMW Supersports and CBR600RRs.  The 899, by the way, is simply gorgeous.  Just drop dead gorgeous.  Pictures don't even come close to doing it justice.  

Even so, the GRiSO is for me.  Hands down the best choice, the most charismatic, dare I say dignified? Thumbs Up

I couldn't have said it any better myself, and I also had a Boxter S, a great car. (Totaled a few months ago)
Loving my GRiSO!
Back to top Go down
Mr Griso
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Mr Griso

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Street wrote:
I see a pattern developing here. Like Steak and Gnorts, I went from an '04 California Stone to the GRiSO, but we kept the Stone and traded in Esther's 750 Nevada instead. I loved the Stone, but had been jonezin' for a GRiSO from the day I first saw a picture of one. I've told the story already of how I came to buy a used one with a thousand miles on it and I'm still in love with it forty thousand miles later. The only sad part of the story is that I had to part with my 1970 Ambassador to get the GRiSO. Being self-unemployed, cash is always hard to come by and the Nevada just wasn't going to be enough. I could also have sold my 1971 Honda CB 750, but the Ambo was more valuable so down the road she went. I still miss her, but maybe some day I'll have another one. Now the Stone is gone too, having been traded away to get Esther's new 1400 California. Part of that deal was supposed to be the sale of the aforementioned CB, but I'm hoping she'll forget and let me keep it.

Wow,
if I ever get a cruiser it has to look like yours did! What a beauty!
I hope you get to keep the CB. I sold my 750 CB -72 two years ago just to free up some garage space where I also kept my classic car that I meant to hold on forever.... Then out of the blue came someone and made me an offer on the car, and away it went. Now I have ample space in the Garage......... but miss the Honda  Sad 

/Ron
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:12 am

You guys are doing it all wrong!
Don't sell a bike to gain finance or make room for another.

Sell the house and buy a bigger shed!  Very Happy I did.
Back to top Go down
Caedmon
Carlotto
Carlotto
Caedmon

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:20 am

I had a bike many years ago when I was 16yrs old. A Suzuki 125 T wolf. Loved that bike! Then I got into cars and girlfriends, work, relationships, kids.....

Oh feck! all of a sudden I'm 40 yrs old and wondering how it happened.

I decided I wanted another bike, so I kicked off with a Yamaha Scorpio 225cc for six months before progressing to a Yamaha TRX 850. Now that was a very cool, fun bike. About this time a mate of mine let me ride his Moto Guzzi 850 T3 and then shortly after, his MG 1000s.

Hooked! Riding that 1000s was like throwing your leg over a freight train. Loved every second of riding it.

After the TRX 850 came an SV 1000s

Which is currently for sale to help pay for the GRiSO.
The SV has been a great bike, but I struggle to retain my licence riding it. I spent 3 months walking earlier in the year and decided I needed to slowdown a little.

The looks and styling of the GRiSO had caught my attention since i'd been introduced to Moto Guzzi and one had come up for sale locally. A rare event.

I took my wife to have a look ..... and after hearing it run and having a sit on the pillion seat, she said quietly "I think you should have this bike".

Who am I to ignore my wife's sage advice  Very Happy 

So here is my GRiSO, along with my mates MG 1000s on a run last weekend  Very Happy 

5 yrs and 4 bikes later I have the G1100. I think i'll sit with this for awhile  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:40 am

I you think your license is safe with the GRiSO, think again!

It will bring out the hooligan in you. I ride mine faster than any other bike I've owned.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Why a Guzzi
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next