GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Why a Guzzi

Go down 
+33
CPB
Olof
tocino
LBC Tenni
keenerkeen07
Blue
sidrat
Pete Roper
motomonster
Caedmon
Mr Griso
Canyon Carver
opc
stacius
spozzy
Ad B
rboe
guzziownr
Oz1200Guzzi
Scot p
Oca
Grisonut
beetle
DungeonMaster
guzziman62
AH Head
Landman
HOG4DNR
Street
GNORTS
Steak
Grisodude
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Why a Guzzi - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:26 pm

What? You sold the S3! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:31 am

I know, to some it's heresy, but so far no regrets, the IL GRiSO rules !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:44 pm

I'm not a dyed in the wool 2V (Tonti) man like some on Wild Guzzi, but my affinity with the big block is long and goes deep since my first Mk111 Le Mans in 1982. Followed later by an SP1000, a Cali II, another MK III, a Cali Stone and now the Bellagio. (plus about 35 Jappers along the way)

I know the extra power of a G12 would be intoxicating but the reality is, other than in a straight line who ever runs out of horsepower on any big bike?
Love the colour scheme of the 2015 RED GRiSO, would need to swap my wheels and shock ..................... and modify a few bits and pieces. Nah! Just kidding, loving my current Guzzi too much. But it's a big transverse V-Twin (not transvestite) beating in my chest and I wouldn't consider anything else.
Back to top Go down
CharlieSnyder
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
CharlieSnyder

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:42 am

Why I bought a Guzzi? Just landed my '10 GRiSO SE last month (only 740 miles on it). First, I'm an out of control motorcycle fanatic, BUT I have evolved in my riding & style preferences over 45+ years of riding. Second, I've had the zipperbikes, had the custom/loud pipe HD's. I have settled in on my tour bike (BMW K1600GTL) and super cruiser bike (Triumph Rocket III). The GRiSO is just so beautiful and a wonderful canyon/back road roadster. I am sure that I'll discover it is so much more. I love the engine characteristics (needs to rev)! It is so comfortable & well handling for the type riding I do (done with wheelies & racing!). Takes me back to simpler bikes & just the enjoyment of riding. Loving it!
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:22 pm

Rode a Yamaha DT125E when I was in high school. Had a blast for a few years then sold it to move on to other interests. Didn't get the urge to ride again until 2010 and started to look at the offerings from the US, Japan and Europe. Although there were a lot of nice bikes, many either looked too similar or were just not quite my style. I was all set to pick up a Yamaha Night Warrior but decided against it in the end due to of all things the color. This as it turns out was a good thing though. The BMW F1200 GS was also very nice but a wee bit too much! Anyway, I stopped looking for a few years and then realized, I never looked at any Italian bikes. What was I thinking?!

I saw the GRiSO online and I was pretty well hooked by the looks and sound right of the bat. Fortunately, I found one local (now ridden by Daves-I-Know) and that was it. I thought, if I am going to have a bike, I have got to have this bike!  

One of the best bloody thing I have ever done for myself! It is an awesome bike to ride. Accelerating in 2nd and 3rd between 2500 and 4700 rpm with the vibration, sound and immediate train like torque soo often leaves me thinking FUUUCK YEAAAH.....MOOOORE!! Did I mention it has some pretty good character? Thumbs Up

It truly is a qualified cycletherapist!
Back to top Go down
Ekimyrf
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Ekimyrf

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:21 am

Why a Guzzi ?

Back in 78 I was a Moto Morini riding 17 year old whippersnapper obsessed with trading up to Laverda Jota, one day my mate told me he was trading his Bonneville in on a new bike at Chris Clarks in Wymondham.

for some reason my bike was off the road so I went as pillion (we were a lot slimmer in those days) 200 mile ride we got there and in the showroom was an immaculate Ice Blue Le Mans 850 !!

We rode it home 200 miles 2 up and I was smitten, and never forgot that experience

I got into production racing shortly after that and went down the jap bike route but never forgot that Blue Mk1, fast forward 35 years and I have finally bought into Guzzidom why did I wait so long ?

my mate Dave and I went to the classic TT together still riding and biking mates after all these years.

Everyone has a "Soul" bike something that stirs something inside you, be it memories for your youth, or happy times, for me I reckon my soul bike is a Mk 1 Le Mans in ice blue, but in reality the GRiSO is the bike for me.

Guzzi's are "soul" bikes

I am on the lookout for mk I though :-)

Mike
Back to top Go down
raiderfan37
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
raiderfan37

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:13 pm

Newer to riding than some of you guys, it seems! Passed my bike test in 2003, and wanted something with character. A bit left field. Something different. Very quickly realised v-twins made me happy. It was an obvious choice, right? Guzzi all the way?

Not so fast!

Have done about 75,000 miles on quickly, left field, character-filled 1200CC v-twins. But they've almost all been made by Erik Buell. Brilliant bikes. But sadly constantly flirting with bankruptcy (Erik, not me).

Meanwhile, I have flirted with Aprilia (awesome) and Ducati (awful) too.

But with no new Buell bikes on the horizon, I'm just grateful Moto Guzzi exist. The world is fast running out of quirkiness. I have a feeling the GRiSO is going to stay with me for a loooooong time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why a Guzzi   Why a Guzzi - Page 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Why a Guzzi
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4