GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?

Go down 
+42
tsheep2
GuzziLooper
GuZeee
Holger
knumbnutz
bjor
DeepSpace
Street
Kernow
evansnows
BrandX
Bulldog9
brmoke
Rock80
bioman
Brent S
LBC Tenni
Stubbie
Weißgerät
MelJ
Jonathun
Papa Lazarou
kubbie
GuzziSteve
tazio
Leone
Guzzi Cat
moby
lcjohnny
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
motor-timothy
rick pope
kiwi dave
SMTCapeCod
BobW981
Richard
JohnA
sideshowbob
Steak
Pete Roper
janguzzi
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:32 am

Great Street! Very Happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Could you also add the new shaft drive instead of the CARC?
Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:14 am

Best I can do...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“Danger + Survival = Fun.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lcjohnny and BobW981 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:53 pm

Great Pete! Thanks a LOT!
Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:17 pm

It will be exciting to see future variants based on the new platform, hopefully they nail it.

All I know is with the suspension sorted and the Beetle map/Arrow muffler, the GRiSO is an absolute masterpiece. Now that mine breaking in a bit, each ride is nearly a religious experience--just a lovely bike to ride, with character in spades. (Ironically, the polar opposite of how it was delivered!)

Still no idea what I would replace it with, although the new Z900RS SE might be interesting alongside the GRiSO.

DeepSpace wrote wrote:

i dunno, i have 9 bikes atm, 4 guzzi's Soooo, maybe one of the guzzi newer cruisers.

LOL! That's fantastic! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:18 am

Apart from the GRiSO I'm waiting for, I'd go for the 85TT.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Easy to handle, plenty of power pr kg, a dream on gravel and off-road!
Only draw-back is that "everybody" in this country is buying it...

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:31 pm

If I ever buy another new bike, it will be electric. Still haven't changed my mind.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:52 pm

i got a GRiSO 1200, V11 with a few mods and a 1098 ducati.
At the moment I can't think of something else i'd have but if I deleted the 2 guzzis, Id probably have the new rocket or diavel to replace the GRiSO and a triumph thrushton 1200 to replace the V11.
Any of these replacements are quite unpalatable tbh.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:00 pm

A Thrushton? Is that a fungal infection? Ewwwww!

GhostBullet, lcjohnny and Leone like this post

Back to top Go down
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:14 am

Pete Roper wrote:
A Thrushton? Is that a fungal infection? Ewwwww!

Im working on an old one at the moment and its stirs the owner up whenever I call it that.. Very Happy
The old versions are pox tho, new ones with 270 crank and slim down are ok
Back to top Go down
Holger
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Holger

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:18 am

Hello, I do not worry...my GRiSO is as good as new with 23,000 km and will accompany me for many happy years with a wide grin under the helmet and bring me to Mandello del Lario every now and then.
My Norton F1 Sport ROTARY remains for fast and illicit rides, my small V35-II for fun rides in the area, my small MZ TS 125 keeps me young and my URAL T-TWD rides with me us family all other tours and trips.

So I am happy and satisfied and swear allegiance to GRiSO.
Greetings
Holger

Ps:
and NEVER ride a battery motorcycle!

Translated with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (free version)

moby and Leone like this post

Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:59 pm

With the cold of winter setting in in the uk. Results in less and less riding 😰
My mind wanders to wishlists like this thread.
Help!  I’m infected by another bout of bike coveting, in my case YouTube is to blame with videos of the launch of the latest Ducati Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak.

From time to time I miss riding my 1098R, laid up following the spinal surgery. Can’t get into a race crouch anymore. I tell myself power and speed are *not* important 🤪 …no I don’t believe it 😂 🤣
This version of the Pikes Peak may not be a Panigale or my 1098R, but for its genre it’s a seriously good looking beast, and would appear to go like the wind.

My one saving grace is that I’m not prepared to justify spending over £25k on a new bike.

Cheers, Bob
Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:32 am

knumbnutz wrote:
Im working on an old one at the moment and its stirs the owner up whenever I call it that.. Very Happy
The old versions are pox tho, new ones with 270 crank and slim down are ok

I do like what they’ve done with the Thruxton RS variants, and the carbon clad collectible Thruxton TFC
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:38 am

V100 Mandello for me. I put down a deposit on one and I’m eagerly anticipating its arrival! No idea when it will get here though.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:08 pm

Which version did you order?

“Danger + Survival = Fun.” - Neil Peart

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:08 am

Street wrote:
Which version did you order?

I believe that the red base version will be the first model released. £15,500?
There’s no information of launch date for either model, but the green / silver version with full electronic suspension, forged Marchesini wheels. No price either, but speculation +£2500 above the base model ie. £18,000?
Back to top Go down
GuzziLooper
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
GuzziLooper

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:57 pm

I’m hoping that my GRiSO is around for many years to come as it has become my favorite bike of the four Guzzis that I own. If I had to look for a brand new machine the V100 would be on the short list but I’m guessing that they’ll do the usual Guzzi gambit and there will be different versions built around the base mechanical platform.
Back to top Go down
tsheep2
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
tsheep2

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:55 pm

Well....yeah dino juice rocks, for the GRiSO anyway. The sound is awesome.
Replacement bike....one day maybe but if i were to have a different bike or indeed another stead in the stable, Indian FTR1200 with mods, like fairing, small but useful or the Thruxton, not a v twin but looks good. This opinion of course is not based on having ridden either of these beasts but i find i don't get much of a test ride option here in NZ.
While the v85tt in my opinon looks good i just don't see me on it but you never know it could happen in the future. Never say never!
Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:18 am

As 2022 passes us by, summer is here and I’m yet again looking at pastures fresh. Not specifically to replace the GRiSO, maybe to complement / supplement it?
This thought process was behind my reasons for posting about the Ducati V4 Pikes Peak in January. 6 months doesn’t reduce the appeal of the Pikes Peak, BUT here in the UK it would come with an on the road price tag in the region of £29K, and that’s without being extravagant with the options 😮 Now for me that’s a huge amount.
I had looked at the Multi V4S, but albeit cheaper, still looking at some £23k.

Another alternative could be the KTM 1290 Super Adventure S, weighing in at £17k with options. Not as attractive as the Ducatis, but an awful lot of spare change.

Any thoughts out there?

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:05 am

KTMs I liked riding and working on the 990s very much (to look at them was always a problem).
But the old ones were designed to last so no additional linkages in the suspension and no single side swing arms.

Unfortunately the new ones aren't

Single side swing arms on chain driven road bikes are very BAD ENGINEERING
they are much heavier than a conventional swing arm and that is unsprung weight.
Also the two i have owned (Triumph and Ducati) both adjusted the chain with a  big aluminium eccentric clamped in a big aluminium swing arm about 15cm off the wet and gritty road. You need to remove clean and regrease that annually because when it seizes you will not be happy.

So modern KTMs - not for me till they go back to engineering

Last edited by lcjohnny on Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad speller)
Back to top Go down
motoman
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
motoman

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:15 am

I like the KTM Superduke GT, Duc Multistrada, and if you aren't married to European bikes, the Kawasaki Ninja SX is very comfortable, reasonably priced, and good power especially with a pipe and a flash
Back to top Go down
MotoCuzzi13
Carlotto
Carlotto
MotoCuzzi13

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:49 am

If I had to get rid of the GRiSO, I'd take a look at the V100 or even the 850cc V7. Further down my list would be Suzuki's.

kindoy2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
evansnows
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
evansnows

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:05 am

I have no intention of replacing my GRiSO.
I do however want a companion bike to go riding with a mate.
Something more road trail oriented.
I was thinking a DR 650 but I like Italian bikes.
I didn't want another Moto Guzzi so not a V85.
And here it is the perfect companion.
Bellini 800 trail

Back to top Go down
http://c-space-solutions.com/
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:35 am

That is a nice motorcycle, although Italian in name only (and I am not sure about going trail-blazing with that exhaust pipe hanging under the engine...).  But if you go that direction, what about these new Moto Morini Seiemmezzo bikes?

Back to top Go down
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:10 pm

If I had to get rid of the GRiSO I'd choose either a Diavel or a rocket 3 or sportster roadster (with a decent tank capacity). They're the only sport cruisers.
To add... Well sky is the limit or budget.
I have a 1098 for pure sport and it's awesome, nothing really stands out as a replacement.
I have a customised V11 for my fun bike wank factor etc. It's an evolutionary piece with the occasional mod update as i want..
So If I was going to add, it would be an enduro bike with 80% off-road bias. KTM 450 or higher.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:48 pm

Nothing fits the same place but for me whatever it would be has to work 2-up..
So:
Enfield 650 Continental: for the retro-cool bit
KTM 890 Adventure: for the adrenaline
Guzzi V85TT: for the Falcone

Last edited by lcjohnny on Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?   What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What if a GRiSO is not an option anymore?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next