GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+78
850-Nero
alanlemansiv
motografando
raulnorry
Grisodude
jack5092
bioman
JC_Guz89
JonB85
Lazlokovacs
kindoy2
kidsmoke
svru
Robeartato
Tim Henry
BetaSteve
Florida lime
stdunkel
Bill Dee
Andrewpatrol
el capitan
Holger
Nicollini
ratso88
eighteight
Nobleswood
paulbrice
bahamazoo
waterbottle
Guzzi Two Shoes
ssmith996
Dark Helmet
BruPo
bjor
kiwi dave
kubbie
Buellbloke
bandit12
McCarthy1983
janguzzi
Svartipants
Gootzibird13
PilotJet
Kernow
Pawel Spoon
Steak
Bulldog9
Deepdive
GuzziLooper
GuZeee
moby
Chris W
guzziownr
GuzziSteve
DeepSpace
JohnA
Patlikestolean
tazio
Papa Lazarou
sideshowbob
Bill Hagan
Rocket
Leone
lcjohnny
wyno
Richard
Clancy
SMTCapeCod
Dave Swanson
beetle
BowraBoy
Street
Pete Roper
Degs
GhostBullet
rick pope
drburt
Oz1200Guzzi
82 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:49 pm

Finally installed my topcase rack and matching case. Upgraded most all my hardware to stainless. Did some strengthening welds and added a static torsion bar on each side for C- Bow brackets. Along with adding some dog ears to top mount for custom Pelican case stability and ease of perfect case placement. Torqued all fasteners with a dab of blu loctite @ 32nm with one eye shut, biting my tongue, and holding my breath.

My plan is a surprise visit to the midwest in May to see family. And to catch a bit of the Smokeys along the way to celebrate my 50 years on earth. I've gone to North Carolina every summer on my GRiSO since ownership, but this time my destination is about 500 miles northwest of Asheville. Beefier luggage mounts with additional case will allow me to journey with all the things I need. At last a proper tour and no excuses to clock anything less than 3,000 clicks round trip. Fresh fluids entire,[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
from the bars to the carc. New pads from Brembo. New grips from the grip place. And new tires from the Pirelli family in china.lol

Ride on friends.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oz1200Guzzi, Bill Hagan, GhostBullet and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:27 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Yes change your clutch fluid, every service.

that was the break fluid Smile

even funnier, i looked into the reservoir two days after the change: looked again like that
Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:54 am

Went for a nice coffee run to Gladstone NSW. First dry day for a few weeks.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan, GhostBullet, Richard and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:43 pm

TOOK a ride, soul is revived[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan, BowraBoy, SMTCapeCod and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:57 pm

The tail-tidy & Dart screen are finally on, also invested $40 to have Jim at Catalyst in San Carlos to properly set the suspension; NOW I’m finally getting it. The best $40 I’ve spent on this bike so far…
Still spending time in parking lots, looping figure-8s, swerves and hard stops finding limits. I’ve another rider’s course at the end of May, on a cart-track in Stockton. I’m not sure whether to take the 400cc single because it’s stupid-easy to ride, or take the GRiSO because it’s the bike that I need the most coaching.

Bill Hagan, SMTCapeCod and Charles like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:40 pm

Well today I felt well enough to go out for an extended ride. Since Covid got me I'd only taken a couple of short trips into town and both times I came home exhausted. Anyway I'd got the shits with feeling like I was only 'Running on five' so I prescribed myself a short course of steroids to clear my lungs.

It's worked a treat! So this morning I set off to do my Tarago, Cullerin, Goulburn, Breadalbane, Gunning, Gundaroo, home loop. It's about 100miles or 160km and it was absolutely grand! 22*C, no wind, hazy sky, (Which is good because the steroids make me photosensitive.) the only down side is that being a long weekend double demerits are in force so I had to watch my speed very carefully in some places. Still managed the occasional squirt up to 140 or so but mainly it was a day for seeing how much corner speed I could carry. The answer to that one, sadly, is not nearly as much as I used to be happy to do!

Got back to Bungendore and filled up. The tank took 15.75 litres! Not bad for what I think is nominally a 16 litre tank. Even so there was still a bit left in the tank and the trip meter said 275km since the last fill so I really do believe that 300km is readily achievable on a full tank as long as discretion is used with the right wrist. A lot of that tank full was travelling at 110-130 kph but not much hard acceleration.

Another bonus from the steroids is that I had zero aches and pains when I got off! Not even the beginnings of a numb bum! In fact it was such fun I think I'll go out and take the Mana for a spin this arvo simply because I can! cheers

beetle, Oz1200Guzzi, LBC Tenni, Bill Hagan, JohnA, GhostBullet, Clancy and like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:09 pm

See any dragons or gryphons? Maybe a Unicorn?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:10 pm

I washed mine. I know..egads!

Then took it out on the open road to air-dry it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Bill Hagan and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:30 pm

OK, Saturday, not today, and Easter was too family-focused to ride.

But — tho it is snowing at home just now — it was warm enough on Saturday for me to wish I had worn mesh instead of the gear I chose.

Rode to Wendell (vic. Raleigh), North Carolina; 300.2 miles door to door.

This stretch of Va. SR 231 is especially suited to a GRiSO when ridden “as intended.”

Just the day before, on Friday, Kathi wanted to ride.  I had just sold my sport-tourer Norge, which was her favorite mount, but the EV “will do,” so off we went.

Then, the next morning, we both launched — Kathi in cage; I, on GRiSO …

… to house-, dog-, cat-, and garden-sit for our kids and grands (and menagerie) in Wendell, vic. Raleigh, North Carolina.  

Two pix taken on the way down on SR 231 at Uno, Virginia, a crossroads “town” with one building!

After a fine Easter Sunday, the wild band went off this morning for five days at Kiawah Island, leaving us with said creatures, a (dauntingly large) garden, and various other tasks.  Only the Jake, their stupendous Golden Retriever seems grateful!

Kathi brought her gear, so she is going to try a bit of two-up on the GRiSO.  The last time she tried that was when it was brand new!  We shall see.

Bill

Steak, beetle, Oz1200Guzzi, lcjohnny and BruPo like this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:55 am

Managed to get out for a little pootle around some back roads[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:14 am

Bill Hagan wrote:

Bill

Bill - I'm 30 mins away from Wendell
if you're still in town, I can show you some of the local roads
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:46 pm

Chris W wrote:
Bill Hagan wrote:

Bill

Bill - I'm 30 mins away from Wendell
if you're still in town, I can show you some of the local roads

Howdy, Chris,

Sounds good.

Heading home on Saturday a.m. ... possibly Sunday.

PM's are a pain, so call, text, or email at convenience.

Bill
404.8Zero8.8Four8Six
wrhagan AT earthlink DOT net
Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:56 pm

Hi Pete,

Sorry you caught the dreaded lurgi but glad you would appear to be on the mend. Just got back from Bluesfest but hoping to get out on Gertie soon.
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:22 pm

Easter activities: Cleaning, polishing, first ride this year

Bill Hagan, GhostBullet and Richard like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:34 am

Autumn's here. Lovely ride out towards the Brindabella ranges and back through Yass.

The Murrumbidgee is full, really full. It's usually not much more than a trickle at this time of year.

beetle, Oz1200Guzzi, Bill Hagan, GhostBullet, lcjohnny, BruPo and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:40 am

Yellow..... Thumbs Up

Bill Hagan and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:43 am

Pete's bike looks great in yellow! Last night I went to the crossroads and buried a black cat at midnight so today the bike ran perfectly. 50 Spring degrees here so bundled up but no need for electrics on a short 50 mile ride.

Oz1200Guzzi, Bill Hagan, GhostBullet and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:50 pm

Got lost in eastern North Carolina doing this: ENC Tag Grab

Meeting @Chris W tomorrow and riding around a bit.  cheers

Heading home on Saturday. Weather is mighty fine for riding.

Bill

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
McCarthy1983
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
McCarthy1983

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:23 am

Used the GRiSO for my 70 mile round trip commute into London yesterday. Parked in an underground car park under a hotel and when I went to leave after a day at work the concierge asked whether I had a petrol leak as they could smell fumes. My response was its juts a very hot engine, but did wonder, is the GRiSO a mechanically "smelly" bike. When I put the bike away after a ride, the garage smells all mechanically and lovely, but is this normal for the GRiSO?
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:46 am

No petrol smell in my garage - unless i am working on it (but there was when my CO adjustment was too rich)

Not an oily engine either

JohnA and Gootzibird13 like this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:03 pm

Got a grand tour of east-central North Carolina from @Chris W.

Here's one pic.  More soon.

Chris could charge for his knowledge of local roads.

Bill

BruPo and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:47 pm

McCarthy1983 wrote:
Used the GRiSO for my 70 mile round trip commute into London yesterday. Parked in an underground car park under a hotel and when I went to leave after a day at work the concierge asked whether I had a petrol leak as they could smell fumes. My response was its juts a very hot engine, but did wonder, is the GRiSO a mechanically "smelly" bike. When I put the bike away after a ride, the garage smells all mechanically and lovely, but is this normal for the GRiSO?

Adjustments using GuzziDiag software C/O trim + or - no more than a few clicks while at warmed up engine idle per instructions should solve. Unless there is actual vapor or fuel leak somewhere. Start with software with Mark's map is my suggestion beginning with TPS reset and so on. It's amazing the level of tune one can achieve with the map, software, and manometer vac gauge. I just did my third TPS reset and TB balance on my SE and actually gained MPG from 36.5US average to 38.5US on highway. Wasn't my goal but a welcome sight with fuel cost these days. Those numbers are accurately confirmed with a 600 mile round trip over Easter weekend. My baseline was at 4.48 gallonsUS for max fuel volume in my tank.

Hope this info helps you with fuel fume problem.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
PilotJet
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PilotJet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:11 pm

Well, just in case anyone forgot, this bike can really move! Just got back from a very Spirited Peg Scraping romp around some really nice back roads and all I can say is .... this machine does not disappoint! It goes as good as it looks on the windy roads! It's All in the Tires Baby!! LOL! So Much Fun!

Bill Hagan, lcjohnny and Gootzibird13 like this post

Back to top Go down
bandit12
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
bandit12

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:12 pm

Today was the third time Ive ridden my GRiSO since I got it last month, it has a Mistral straight thru carbon classic muffler have no idea of any tune done it smells a little rich at idle but that may be normal ?
The bike revs willingly and pulls clean. I ran it thru some 20-40 corners and then some 70 mph sweepers that can be taken 100+ I ran it to 120 on two straights easily....I think it is geared for 136?...it may be slow compared to modern Sports bikes but on the tighter stuff it may rule, I have some friends with modded Harleys (one just spent $7k on his motor) I'm going to punch with them soon with the GRiSO....my Bandit Star Trekked them...they seem to like 60-65 which is good for the Bandit in third so when they hit it I go into second and wheelie away...lol...I love the GRiSO handling and the lumpy thuddy power puts a smile on my mug

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:33 pm

Evidently GRiSO's are a rare sight, there are 4 within 10 miles of each other in Plymouth UK.
Three 1200's one of which is pictured only has 6k miles not rollerised and original 1st owner since 2008 and mine.
A guy Rob owns another black one, mentioned he was in denial about it needing to be rollerised.
Claiming it was one of the 2012 part numbers that was done at the factory, it wasn't, he's since had it done.
The other an 1100 resides at the begining of Cornwall.
There is also an un rollerised Tenni about 15 miles further into Cornwall.
Am on friendly terms with all of them being as am the only GRiSO guru they know, heaven forbid  Laughing
There could be more, obviously there is a sprinkling of V7's, Stelvios and Brevas and this Cali 1400.
Would have had 3 GRiSO's in the shot but Rob was doing his house up.
See if can't get them all together for a photoshoot at some point  Cool

Can see a renowned to some british biker eatery in the foreground, all the food tastes the same and pretty tasteless unless starving.
The coffee is cheap though and made with milk plus they put the sugar in for you.
Seagulls regularly try to steal your food even out of your hand, they crap on bikes and bikers and non bikers alike.
This area is often filled to capacity with bikes, its a meet prior to riding and an end of ride meet.
Plus an overflow area after a Plymouth Bike Night which is every Thursday from April until September I think.
The owner doesn't like bikers yet they are his main customers in the winter.
The litte red coffee and doughnuts seller is a biker too! though closed in the winter. They also put the sugar in for you.
Plenty of skirt abounds this place as piss up institutes everywhere  Smile
Cobbles are great for testing your suspension damping.
Have been down since Sir Francis Drake set sail from here to defeat the Spanish Armada.
Tall wooden ships (oldey worldy) with sails sometimes still frequent the harbour.

Those original front Moto Guzzi branded brake discs are superior to EBC aftermarket shit I have.

Last edited by Buellbloke on Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:27 am; edited 9 times in total

Bill Hagan, GhostBullet, lcjohnny, BruPo, SMTCapeCod, Charles and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 9 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next