GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+78
850-Nero
alanlemansiv
motografando
raulnorry
Grisodude
jack5092
bioman
JC_Guz89
JonB85
Lazlokovacs
kindoy2
kidsmoke
svru
Robeartato
Tim Henry
BetaSteve
Florida lime
stdunkel
Bill Dee
Andrewpatrol
el capitan
Holger
Nicollini
ratso88
eighteight
Nobleswood
paulbrice
bahamazoo
waterbottle
Guzzi Two Shoes
ssmith996
Dark Helmet
BruPo
bjor
kiwi dave
kubbie
Buellbloke
bandit12
McCarthy1983
janguzzi
Svartipants
Gootzibird13
PilotJet
Kernow
Pawel Spoon
Steak
Bulldog9
Deepdive
GuzziLooper
GuZeee
moby
Chris W
guzziownr
GuzziSteve
DeepSpace
JohnA
Patlikestolean
tazio
Papa Lazarou
sideshowbob
Bill Hagan
Rocket
Leone
lcjohnny
wyno
Richard
Clancy
SMTCapeCod
Dave Swanson
beetle
BowraBoy
Street
Pete Roper
Degs
GhostBullet
rick pope
drburt
Oz1200Guzzi
82 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:05 pm

Changed oil and filter today. 3.1L of Motul 7100 10w60 was perfect on the stick.

Oz1200Guzzi, GhostBullet and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
McCarthy1983
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
McCarthy1983

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:37 am

I fear that the concierge was confusing fuel smell with just the smell of a hot engine...

lcjohnny wrote:
No petrol smell in my garage - unless i am working on it (but there was when my CO adjustment was too rich)

Not an oily engine either
Back to top Go down
McCarthy1983
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
McCarthy1983

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:39 am

...but a TPS reset and TB balancing wouldnt do any harm. Will research all the material on here on the subject.

Gootzibird13 wrote:
McCarthy1983 wrote:
Used the GRiSO for my 70 mile round trip commute into London yesterday. Parked in an underground car park under a hotel and when I went to leave after a day at work the concierge asked whether I had a petrol leak as they could smell fumes. My response was its juts a very hot engine, but did wonder, is the GRiSO a mechanically "smelly" bike. When I put the bike away after a ride, the garage smells all mechanically and lovely, but is this normal for the GRiSO?

Adjustments using GuzziDiag software C/O trim + or - no more than a few clicks while at warmed up engine idle per instructions should solve. Unless there is actual vapor or fuel leak somewhere. Start with software with Mark's map is my suggestion beginning  with TPS reset and so on. It's amazing the level of tune one can achieve with the map, software, and manometer vac gauge. I just did my third TPS reset and TB balance on my SE and actually gained MPG from 36.5US average to 38.5US on highway. Wasn't my goal but a welcome sight with fuel cost these days. Those numbers are accurately confirmed with a 600 mile round trip over Easter weekend. My baseline was at 4.48 gallonsUS for max fuel volume in my tank.

Hope this info helps you with fuel fume problem.
Back to top Go down
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:23 pm

Removed a couple million dead lovebugs from everywhere on the bike after my 500+ mile ride Sunday. Hosed down my gear yesterday.

BruPo and SMTCapeCod like this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:05 pm

kubbie wrote:
Removed a couple million dead lovebugs from everywhere on the bike after my 500+ mile ride Sunday. Hosed down my gear yesterday.

That was a jaunt!!
where did you go?
Back to top Go down
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:11 pm

Lcjohnny, I ended up going all the way to Tallahassee. There are 67 countries in Florida. I tend to run around in 4 or 5 of them. It has now turned into a mission to RIDE to all of them. All on back roads, none of that Interstate cheating. Riding to Georgia is closer than some of the remaining countries.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:27 am

I use my satnav to play a 'ride the boundaries of a county' game over here -

The closer you get to tracing along the boundary the smaller more detailed the roads get

Eg round Gloucestershire is an 8hr day for only 249 miles
Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:35 am

Anzac weekend was, Escaped to a beach camp, and rode the Guzzis on the beach out to a lighthouse, was a bit sketchy, but got there and back. A video will come soon enough  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] or maybe well delayed, depending on motivations  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oz1200Guzzi, BruPo, Richard, Buellbloke and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:14 am

So much better with pictures  Cool did think thats what this thread was about, what you did with pictures to make it interesting.
A video that would be cool Cool
Riding on a beach is defo sketchy least the sand is damp and firm, I once made the mistake of turning on the soft yellow stuff on a Z1000 was a big mistake bom Shocked

Last edited by Buellbloke on Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:57 am; edited 2 times in total

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:19 am

You are not wrong, phots of the global Grisos deff give inspiration. It is Autumn here now, but not yet time to wrap the bike in blankets.  I prefer not to at all, even though winter riding just don't
seem to happen as often due to circumstance. the below image from the night camping after the Beach excursion. Smile
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oz1200Guzzi, BruPo and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:16 am

Similar climate to UK but significantly more beautiful Islands, you have everything Cool
Have a large family extention living on Auckland. Mum travelled there and stayed for 3 months. I would emigrate if they offered Laughing phat chance Sad

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:19 pm

Plymouth Bike Night, only seem to get a few hundred bikes when the sun is not shining.
Close to a 1000 when its out.
Plymouth Hoe, Smeatons Tower, no longer needed since the Breakwater was built.
The Pilgrim Fathers whomever they was set off from here.
Another pic of mine plus a pic of another interersting Guzzi example.

GhostBullet, BowraBoy, Gootzibird13 and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:25 pm

Now that Guzzi has had some serious work done on it!
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:53 pm

One of the Ghezzi-Brian bikes came to New Zealand quite a few years ago. I think it might have been at the Paeroa street races when it was still running.

The owner was trying to sell it for a horrendous sum of money, but none of us were willing to spend this amount of loot.

I think he took it back to Britain, perhaps he tried Ozzie first.

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:41 pm

Went to some bike show thing at a place called Jollys, bloke makes dinosaurs and stage set pieces for movies. Owns lotsa bikes. Was a Triumph Rocket 3 event, lots of patch clubs all HA endorsed.
This was the overflow car park after it thinned some.

Bill Hagan and Gootzibird13 like this post

Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Thu May 12, 2022 6:22 pm

Went for a short ride to Heywood and back via the Mt Clay road which has some nice curves, then took some pics in my front yard. The new Michelin PR6's work very well.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I got a new Emgo Venom bikini fairing to replace the one that was damaged when the bike fell down. I decided to paint it red to match the bike.

Clancy, Gootzibird13 and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Thu May 12, 2022 7:01 pm

There's a Michelin Road 6 now? Question

bounce

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Clancy likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Thu May 12, 2022 7:41 pm

Yep. The front tyre is a fraction wider now and it gets stuck in the front wheel stand I have. They're good though.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oz1200Guzzi, lcjohnny and Gootzibird13 like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2022 9:58 pm

That fairing looks great with the matching paint. Nice job, Michael!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2022 11:41 pm

Thanks Pete. It almost, but not quite, matches. The red on the bike has been there for 5 years now.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sun May 15, 2022 3:51 pm

So much for a rare bike, 7 GRiSO's in Plymouth UK, four 4 valvers 2 not rollerised, one of them a tenni.
Three 2 valvers one a mate just picked up today, 200 miles in the rain there and back.
He rode it like a champ 110mph in gusty winds and torrential rain.
All safely put away now Cool
He was going to wait until next year but seeing this one come up for £3500, 23k miles, 2 previous keepers and reasonably local was just too good a deal to pass up.
Its hairdreser yellow and being a GRiSO wears it well, it still looks mean and grunty regardless.

Got a hideous alarm fitted be ripping that off, needs a new battery as causing startus interuptus.
Needs a good going thru.

paulbrice, GhostBullet and Gootzibird13 like this post

Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed May 18, 2022 3:31 am

Took her out for a ride in beautiful spring weather Smile
Winter has finally loosend its grip and the melting snow comes down from the mountains in frothing rivers. Love it Smile[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

beetle, paulbrice, GhostBullet, SMTCapeCod, Buellbloke and Pawel Spoon like this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed May 18, 2022 3:44 am

Great picture,

bjor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed May 18, 2022 4:29 am

I did nothin' with GRiSO. I had to go to hospital to be kilt and then bought back to life. It was extremely tedious but at least it worked. Not allowed to ride for a few days. Arse.

Not dead...........Yet!

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed May 18, 2022 7:16 am

Pete Roper wrote:
I did nothin' with GRiSO. I had to go to hospital to be kilt and then bought back to life. It was extremely tedious but at least it worked. Not allowed to ride for a few days. Arse.

Not dead...........Yet!

Wtf?!?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 10 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 10 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 36  Next