GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+78
850-Nero
alanlemansiv
motografando
raulnorry
Grisodude
jack5092
bioman
JC_Guz89
JonB85
Lazlokovacs
kindoy2
kidsmoke
svru
Robeartato
Tim Henry
BetaSteve
Florida lime
stdunkel
Bill Dee
Andrewpatrol
el capitan
Holger
Nicollini
ratso88
eighteight
Nobleswood
paulbrice
bahamazoo
waterbottle
Guzzi Two Shoes
ssmith996
Dark Helmet
BruPo
bjor
kiwi dave
kubbie
Buellbloke
bandit12
McCarthy1983
janguzzi
Svartipants
Gootzibird13
PilotJet
Kernow
Pawel Spoon
Steak
Bulldog9
Deepdive
GuzziLooper
GuZeee
moby
Chris W
guzziownr
GuzziSteve
DeepSpace
JohnA
Patlikestolean
tazio
Papa Lazarou
sideshowbob
Bill Hagan
Rocket
Leone
lcjohnny
wyno
Richard
Clancy
SMTCapeCod
Dave Swanson
beetle
BowraBoy
Street
Pete Roper
Degs
GhostBullet
rick pope
drburt
Oz1200Guzzi
82 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:18 am

i was in bad mood, wife says: go riding, i put my leather on, push the start button: klonk, again: klonk.
luckily i have one of these: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and it had juice, so convince gristress to start.
do a 1.5 hrs hide, on the last meter i think like: whats wrong with the tyres ? just wants to go straight ?
reach home:  screw in back tyre, tyre is flat
what a lovely day Smile

Svartipants likes this post

Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:23 am

Bugger. Flats are a potentially unsafe nuisance. Better a slow leak than a sudden blowout, I can tell you from experience.
Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:32 am

Tubeless is a great invention. Still.did react way to slow on the strange feeling. Puncher was not something.i did expect
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:14 am

Was a perfect blue sky day, so when the temperature finally crawled up to 10C I donned multiple layers and went out for some proper headspace.

I also wanted to test the new prescription glasses frames I recently bought specifically with riding in mind.

Out to Bungendore, Tarago, towards Neriga but turned north to Bungonia, then a great stretch to Goulburn.

Heading back to Bungendore I remembered Pete mentioning Currawang Rd, so I veered off to check it out. Much more interesting than it looks on the map.

Arrived home 3hrs later cold but happy.
And the glasses get a big tick!

Oz1200Guzzi, BowraBoy, Pawel Spoon and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:05 am

Changed the shock absorber. The sachs one was really in bad condition.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Svartipants likes this post

Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:20 am

Richard wrote:

And what did you replace it with?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:28 am

Clancy wrote:

Heading back to Bungendore I remembered Pete mentioning Currawang Rd, so I veered off to check it out. Much more interesting than it looks on the map.

Arrived home 3hrs later cold but happy.
And the glasses get a big tick!

Currawang road isn't fast but it is lovely, (Apart from the stretch past the Sydney Nappy Burial Site!) and compared to the Tarago road from Goulburn is an almost velvet like surface after the floods and rains!

We ought to get a few people together in spring and do a few of the best loops around Canberra. The Currawang loop is great, as is the Mountain View-Yass loop. Then there is the slightly longer Sutton-Gundaroo-Gunning-Bredalbane circuit that can be combined with the Currawang loop to make a good ride.

Then of course we could set off for the coast, best done mid-week but whatever, and do an overnighter down to Bermagui and then back up the Brown Mountain circuit. You can do it easily in a day but there are nice pubs to stay at at both Bermagui and Tathra. The Bermagui-Tathra road is another beauty, unfortunately now policed since they sealed the 5Km of dirt that used to keep the squids away. C'est La vie!

Clancy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:37 am

bjor wrote:
Richard wrote:

And what did you replace it with?

Local brand —> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well known from Guzzi owners over here. Really good value for money.

bjor likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:16 am

Just to try to match the Oz contingent i chose the hottest day of the year (in Wales... 25-29degc)
To do my longest day ride to date 580 mile (930Km).    I have wanted to do the Cardinal points (that you can ride to) of Wales since last year but then the heavy clutch caused me to give up after 150ml Sad

But yesterday was a long day and dry so...

08:00 the East
is somewhere on the Wye valley - in a wood near here - but i had not got the knobbly tyres on so this will have to do

12:00 the North
Cemaes is officially the most northerly village in Wales i got to Eglwys Llanbadrig which is further north but no view so no pictures

17:00 the West
Rhosson life boathouse is just down the steps (and is further west than Treginnis)

17:19 the South
Rhws (Rhoose) Point is unusual with a thin ridge of cliffs and a stack protecting reed beds and a lagoon. But they still built the airport and a housing estate there so all that is left is a very slender area Map of Rhws point here is a view from that estate Smile

Not too knackered the day after Smile

beetle, Oz1200Guzzi, paulbrice, GhostBullet, Clancy and Richard like this post

Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:21 am

Congrats. Nice ride but not to hot for such a long trip ?

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:29 pm

I remember hopping on Gertie after lunch in Lake Cargelligo, NSW. The gauge read 47 degrees C but thankfully dropped to 39 during the afternoon ride. I often use a Camelbak.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:22 pm

Nice ride, beautiful scenery.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:23 pm

Took a frozen ride into the Mountains, the GRiSO did not complain one bit. (not today, but a few day ago.,
My fingers on the other hand 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 frozen🥶🥶🥶[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lcjohnny, Clancy, freewaystreak and Pawel Spoon like this post

Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:18 am

Get some Oxford heated grips mate. They work a treat and are easy peasy to install..
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:23 am

GhostBullet wrote:

Aah the tradional UK use of those two finny cylinders  Razz Razz Razz Laughing

freewaystreak and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:14 am

BowraBoy wrote:
Get some Oxford heated grips mate. They work a treat and are easy peasy to install..

I have them, but well worn, and not connected.... ha ha ha to be honest Ive hardley used
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:47 pm

I have fitted the Oxford OF696 Sports heated grips. Best heated grips I have experienced.

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:05 pm

Posted a video today of a ride on Sat, raising monies should we be in need of a chopper.
Bloody hope not need ever though.

Richard and Charles like this post

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:01 am

Found a small amount of oil at the front of the bike on the ground the next day after a ride last weekend. Couldn’t see where it came from, the bike looked dry everywhere. So, because I haven’t messed with the blow by system in years, it was time to go take a look. I replaced the condom with one I bought years ago and the other lines too. I went and got some larger lines that would actually fit over the spigots on the blow by box. The old line were leaking some. I hope that does it. I took Beetles advice and didn’t need to disconnect the tank completely. There was enough room to just move it out of the way. Of course I had a full tank of gas so I went and got a hand pump for $10 and emptied it to my gas can. Will put it back together today and hope I don’t see anymore oil.

beetle, GhostBullet and freewaystreak like this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:46 pm

I be cooking near the garage on the bbq, I can't stop glancing at the GRiSO devine
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:35 pm

Sun came out, and since I haven't ridden for weeks and weeks...I took my GRiSO for a run. It was a blistering 13 degrees.

Gratuitous GRiSO pic:

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

GhostBullet, lcjohnny and Clancy like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:45 pm

I rode the Yellow Peril into the Canberra markets to pick up pizza makings. It was a sultry 8*C. I now need a wee and can't find my dick. It appears to have retreated into my thorax.

And just to prove I do, occasionally, make a pathetic attempt to keep it presentable here is evidence of *Washing*! cheers

lcjohnny and Clancy like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:07 pm

It hasn't been that clean since it was painted!

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:19 pm

As soon as the bodyworks for the shitter are done the bag racks will be coming off the yellow bike and going on to it, along with a genuine factory rack which will be getting an ugly top-box put on. Then I have to work out some hard luggage for it.

I can't seem to find those click-fit mounting fittings as used by the factory bags which are made by Tekno so I'll probably have to cannibalise them off my V11 bags. My thought is to fit the mounts to a pair of those cheap 'Pelican' case knock-offs you can get at 'Wottalottacrap Auto'. Might be a bit fiddly but I'm not overly fond of semi-rigid luggage, especially the Tekno stuff which leaks like a Tory party cabinet meeting. Otherwise I might scour the interwebs for something suitable. Shipping costs are a bastard though.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:45 pm

I'll send you a link to where you can buy the KlickFix mountings. As you know, I've had to replace several.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 14 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25 ... 36  Next