GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+78
850-Nero
alanlemansiv
motografando
raulnorry
Grisodude
jack5092
bioman
JC_Guz89
JonB85
Lazlokovacs
kindoy2
kidsmoke
svru
Robeartato
Tim Henry
BetaSteve
Florida lime
stdunkel
Bill Dee
Andrewpatrol
el capitan
Holger
Nicollini
ratso88
eighteight
Nobleswood
paulbrice
bahamazoo
waterbottle
Guzzi Two Shoes
ssmith996
Dark Helmet
BruPo
bjor
kiwi dave
kubbie
Buellbloke
bandit12
McCarthy1983
janguzzi
Svartipants
Gootzibird13
PilotJet
Kernow
Pawel Spoon
Steak
Bulldog9
Deepdive
GuzziLooper
GuZeee
moby
Chris W
guzziownr
GuzziSteve
DeepSpace
JohnA
Patlikestolean
tazio
Papa Lazarou
sideshowbob
Bill Hagan
Rocket
Leone
lcjohnny
wyno
Richard
Clancy
SMTCapeCod
Dave Swanson
beetle
BowraBoy
Street
Pete Roper
Degs
GhostBullet
rick pope
drburt
Oz1200Guzzi
82 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:46 am

GhostBullet wrote:
Froze my ass in beauty🤣[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is wierd, - I just took my first swim of the year in the ocean today... ! No

Oz1200Guzzi, Bill Hagan, GhostBullet and kidsmoke like this post

Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:52 pm

Bikes and Breakfast in Cold Spring NY. An eclectic group with Guzzis from 1972 to 2023.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GhostBullet and Florida lime like this post

Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:30 am

guzziownr wrote:
Bikes and Breakfast in Cold Spring NY. An eclectic group with Guzzis from 1972 to 2023.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Interesting 2 stroke 500cc "Guzzi" in the middle.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:38 am

A suzukaguzzi

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:45 am

Went to Wildalpen, a very scenery route that i used to do twice a year but somehow forgot.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan, GhostBullet, Nobleswood and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:13 am

Pawel Spoon wrote:
Went to Wildalpen, a very scenery route that i used to do twice a year but somehow forgot.

Awesome scenery, totally awesome.

Bill Hagan and Tim Henry like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:27 pm

Let me help you up, Pawel.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Bill Hagan and Pawel Spoon like this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:46 am

What did I do with my GRiSO today … actually, yesterday?

Sold it.

Many sighs.

But the right thing.  See [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks to @Tim Henry for making this happen.  I posted of my intent here on the Ghetto on one evening, and the deal was done by 1030 the next day, followed by a fly-&-ride a few days later.

Ed, the new owner — soon a member a here — rode off in threatening weather on a multi-day ride to his home in north Florida.  

Day One went well enough until the last hour, when Ed became a drowned rat, spending last night in Henderson, N.C.  Ed reported that Mexican food dried him enough, but today’s weather looks daunting!

Bill

Tim Henry likes this post

Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:15 am

Yes, the weather this week doesn't look the best for mc travel.
Hope the new owner dodges most of the showers !

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:36 am

Well as a counterpoint to that we had the coldest morning we've had for a very long time. -9*C this morning here. Luckily the fire stayed in last night but it was so chilly outside that the gas kicked in and it still struggled to get to 15*c inside!

As it happened though there was no wind and by 1.00PM it was a heady 10*C so I threw caution to the, (Non existent.) wind and dragged Red Bike out for a ride. I was so glad I did, despite the temperature, with a good jacket and gloves I had a glorious 120 Km turn around one of my regular routes. The sun was shining, the bird life was putting on a magnificent show, water glinted in the dams it was a spectacular experience that greatly improved my mood as I've been depressed by one of my good friends slipping away. He's not, as far as I know, dead yet but medical support has been removed, at his request. The ride simply reminded me that everything and everyone is transitory and we should all make the most of the time we have and appreciate how lucky we are to live as we do and when we do.

beetle, Bill Hagan, lcjohnny, Clancy, Nobleswood, kidsmoke, Florida lime and like this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:44 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Well as a counterpoint to that we had the coldest morning we've had for a very long time. -9*C this morning here. Luckily the fire stayed in last night but it was so chilly outside that the gas kicked in and it still struggled to get to 15*c inside!

As it happened though there was no wind and by 1.00PM it was a heady 10*C so I threw caution to the, (Non existent.) wind and dragged Red Bike out for a ride. I was so glad I did, despite the temperature, with a good jacket and gloves I had a glorious 120 Km turn around one of my regular routes. The sun was shining, the bird life was putting on a magnificent show, water glinted in the dams it was a spectacular experience that greatly improved my mood as I've been depressed by one of my good friends slipping away. He's not, as far as I know, dead yet but medical support has been removed, at his request. The ride simply reminded me that everything and everyone is transitory and we should all make the most of the time we have and appreciate how lucky we are to live as we do and when we do.

Your post, Pete, deserves to be reread frequently.

So true.

Bill

kindoy2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:28 am

Well Bill, Good Luck w/V85TT !! Hope it works as well as the GRiSO.

Bill Hagan and Pawel Spoon like this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:30 pm

Pete Roper wrote:

Pete, every time my darling bride and I return from a trip, we look at each other and say nearly those same words. While not flawless, it's a great time and place to be alive.

Tim Henry and kindoy2 like this post

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:34 pm

Time is the one thing you can spend but not get a refund
Back to top Go down
Robeartato
Carlotto
Carlotto
Robeartato

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:36 pm

Bit of a nightmare today...

thought I'd take my GRiSO out for a quick run to Southport, since I was planning a tour of northern Wales the following week.

got to Woodvale and noticed one of the cylinders was misfiring. Could force it back to life if the revs were high enough. Few moments later lost the entire cylinder.

6 hour wait for the lorry to come pick me up; rolled it into a petrol station so I wasn't baking in the sun (still got burned...)

I'm taking a multimeter to the coils tomorrow. Also need to look at the caps and HT leads as I know people say they fail on the 8V.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:34 pm

They fail if they are damaged by being removed incautiously or the wrong way. When you last removed them how did you do it?
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:03 pm

Robeartato wrote:
Bit of a nightmare today... Also need to look at the caps and HT leads as I know people say they fail on the 8V.

Take a look at my thread, it was an interesting problem. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:28 pm

New throttle. This one allows me to open the 1TB throttle in one go, without grabbing a second handful. Not ridden yet, so yet to know how terrifying it will be.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Robeartato
Carlotto
Carlotto
Robeartato

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:05 am

Pete Roper wrote:
They fail if they are damaged by being removed incautiously or the wrong way. When you last removed them how did you do it?

slipped a rag underneath the cable to the top of the 90-degree bend and pulled.

Of course what I can't control is how the last owner(s) may have taken it out.

pair of NGK SD05Es are on the way now. France still seems to get them so I won't have to cannabalize two kits like our american friends do.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:52 am

beetle wrote:

New throttle. This one allows me to open the 1TB throttle in one go, without grabbing a second handful. Not ridden yet, so yet to know how terrifying it will be.

You're going to leave a rooster tail behind you 1st time you use it!!

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:02 pm

Robeartato wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:

slipped a rag underneath the cable to the top of the 90-degree bend and pulled.

Of course what I can't control is how the last owner(s) may have taken it out.

pair of NGK SD05Es are on the way now. France still seems to get them so I won't have to cannabalize two kits like our american friends do.

Don't pull them off from the top. Lever them off with a screwdriver inserted through the cooling tunnel above the exhaust manifold from the bottom. That way you don't stress the bend.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:30 pm

GuzziSteve wrote:

You're going to leave a rooster tail behind you 1st time you use it!!

Very Happy

We shall see....

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!

Clancy likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:35 pm

Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:32 pm

One mans terror, is another mans joy.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Clancy and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 25 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next