GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+78
850-Nero
alanlemansiv
motografando
raulnorry
Grisodude
jack5092
bioman
JC_Guz89
JonB85
Lazlokovacs
kindoy2
kidsmoke
svru
Robeartato
Tim Henry
BetaSteve
Florida lime
stdunkel
Bill Dee
Andrewpatrol
el capitan
Holger
Nicollini
ratso88
eighteight
Nobleswood
paulbrice
bahamazoo
waterbottle
Guzzi Two Shoes
ssmith996
Dark Helmet
BruPo
bjor
kiwi dave
kubbie
Buellbloke
bandit12
McCarthy1983
janguzzi
Svartipants
Gootzibird13
PilotJet
Kernow
Pawel Spoon
Steak
Bulldog9
Deepdive
GuzziLooper
GuZeee
moby
Chris W
guzziownr
GuzziSteve
DeepSpace
JohnA
Patlikestolean
tazio
Papa Lazarou
sideshowbob
Bill Hagan
Rocket
Leone
lcjohnny
wyno
Richard
Clancy
SMTCapeCod
Dave Swanson
beetle
BowraBoy
Street
Pete Roper
Degs
GhostBullet
rick pope
drburt
Oz1200Guzzi
82 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:59 am

somewhat fed up with reading fuel consumption figures in the region of 9l/100km I reset the TPS, dialled the CO trim back by 3 and checked my tires... And of course stuffed some old tire into the mouth of the oil cooler!!

I'm now getting 6l/100km whilst ragging the absolute shit out of the motor and remembering how much I love the GRiSO. It's running SO much better now.

Also regaining some confidence in my traction after a weird slow speed slip in 1°C conditions in early december. Nice to get some lean angle going again.

happy bunny

GhostBullet and BowraBoy like this post

Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:13 am

First ride this year. Everything tight after replacing both sump spacer gaskets (the upper one is the new metal/paper version).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

JohnA, Richard, BowraBoy and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:11 pm

wow that is shiny! gorgeous machine
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:48 am

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:17 pm

Still clean!!  Beautiful. Does the bird face forward?
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:21 pm

GuzziSteve wrote:
Still clean!!  Beautiful.   Does the bird face forward?
Shocked not on the sidepanels .... messed it up 10 years ago Cool

Just wanted to show the stainless steel valve cover bolts. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:22 am

bird on the plastic oval on top of spark plug cover plate. L & R ovals
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:42 am

GuzziSteve wrote:
bird on the plastic oval on top of spark plug cover plate. L & R ovals

Those birds are looking forward.
Back to top Go down
Holger
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Holger

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:04 am

Hello, the 30,000 km mark has been reached.
During the inspection, the throttle settings were set "a little fatter", now no more load changes are noticeable.
Every ride produces the permanent grin under the helmet. Looking forward to Mandello 2023.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan, kidsmoke, Florida lime and Pawel Spoon like this post

Back to top Go down
Holger
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Holger

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:07 am

Oz1200Guzzi, Bill Hagan, GhostBullet, lcjohnny, kidsmoke, Florida lime, Richard and like this post

Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:25 am

yesterday, finally some 20 degrees, the first 100+ km ride this year.
knights are comfortable, but do scratch the ground Very Happy

fixed the cut in my seat:

Bill Hagan and tinker like this post

Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Thu May 04, 2023 8:30 am

put on risers for the handle bar, tomorrow starting trip to monte negro and macedonia Smile
wanted to use ktm duke first, but the fuck started to stall again in idle, even with the new pump

will use gristress now for the trip

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Sat May 13, 2023 4:37 am

After several complaints about my tiny, but very bright indicators (by other Guzzi riders), I replaced them with somewhat larger ones. The fronts continue to have the riding light function, for conspicuity. The rears could also be wired to function as tail lights, or brake lights. I opted not to wire them like that. I also installed the ST2 brake module that I purchased some time ago. It flashes the brake light while you're decelerating. My son followed me in his car during the test run, and said it worked well, and did make me more conspicuous.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

garyclem, Bill Hagan, JohnA, kidsmoke and kindoy2 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Sun May 14, 2023 3:59 am

I decided to get rid of the plastic cover of the oil cooler and made one of steel instead.
Also made some matching supports for my saddle bags.

One can see they are home made, but so what...  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GhostBullet and Clancy like this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:16 am

Well, yesterday really..... I flushed the brake/clutch fluids. I did the brakes first, which was simple as could be, then went on a journey to find the clutch bleeder. Just look in the operators manual? Noooo..... Okay, go online and look at the factory service manual? Negative. Call in some professional help, by way of Colt, aka Ratso. He described where to fine the bleeder, on the opposite frame rail from where the service manual suggested it could be. Once found, it proved to be an easy task, for two people.

Now the bike's ready to go to Sauk City, Wisconsin for a weekend of fun with a bunch my old CBX friends.

Bill Hagan and kidsmoke like this post

Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:52 am

Had a solo-run through the forests around Vienna. The "sports-trecker" did well as expected, even when leading a Ducati Streetfighter 848 through territory unknown to the Duc´s rider. Fearing to bore him he confirmed that anything faster would have been outside his comfort-zone, so the fat lady proved her value once more.
Bleeding the clutch only from the bleeder valve halfway between master and slave cylinders seems to be nice, but not enough, though. Is it recommended to bleed the entire system from the slave (clutch side) up to the master, so the old fluid from the engine-side is replaced as well? Or are my cylinders likely getting tired after 17 years and need a rebuild?

Last edited by el capitan on Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : improvement)

Bill Hagan, lcjohnny, kidsmoke and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:59 am

The fluid in my reservoir was quite dark. I removed it, replaced with fresh, then bled through the line clipped to the left frame rail. All the fluid bled looked to be clean and nearly clear.

My theory as to why the clutch reservoir fluid gets dark is that the cap has two vent slots, allowing moisture laden air to enter, and the bellows is not pleated, preventing it from following the drop in fluid as time marches on. Poor design? The boys in Mandello have done some seriously silly things in the past. We refer to it as "character".

Bill Hagan, lcjohnny, kidsmoke and tinker like this post

Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:10 pm

Changed the oils, set the valve clearances; all routine now, thanks to the Ghetto and a step-wise approach. And why not - might as well give it new shoes as well - sooner than ladder... Wink

GhostBullet and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:22 pm

Svartipants wrote:
Changed the oils, set the valve clearances; all routine now, thanks to the Ghetto and a step-wise approach. And why not - might as well give it new shoes as well - sooner than ladder... Wink

That Ladder is a Boss, and damn you got some sure fire trust in that. Lovin it.
Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:19 pm

Froze my ass in beauty🤣[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Florida lime, fruk, Pawel Spoon and kindoy2 like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:10 pm

That picture of the Milky Way is simply awesome. A much overused word, but it is!

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:14 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
That picture of the Milky Way is simply awesome. A much overused word, but it is!
It was a spectacular night. Even though the GRiSO battery did not think so. A crash start set it right though.

Cheers cheers

kidsmoke likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:10 am

Wow, wow, wow!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:29 am

I would just like to add, brrrr!

affraid

In GRiSO we trust!

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:02 am

We're in Dubbo with Erika this weekend and it was -4 on Friday morning and the heating in the AirB&B was playing up! Erika had bought her hot waterbottle. All I had was Jude's acid tongue!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 24 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 24 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 35  Next