GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+78
850-Nero
alanlemansiv
motografando
raulnorry
Grisodude
jack5092
bioman
JC_Guz89
JonB85
Lazlokovacs
kindoy2
kidsmoke
svru
Robeartato
Tim Henry
BetaSteve
Florida lime
stdunkel
Bill Dee
Andrewpatrol
el capitan
Holger
Nicollini
ratso88
eighteight
Nobleswood
paulbrice
bahamazoo
waterbottle
Guzzi Two Shoes
ssmith996
Dark Helmet
BruPo
bjor
kiwi dave
kubbie
Buellbloke
bandit12
McCarthy1983
janguzzi
Svartipants
Gootzibird13
PilotJet
Kernow
Pawel Spoon
Steak
Bulldog9
Deepdive
GuzziLooper
GuZeee
moby
Chris W
guzziownr
GuzziSteve
DeepSpace
JohnA
Patlikestolean
tazio
Papa Lazarou
sideshowbob
Bill Hagan
Rocket
Leone
lcjohnny
wyno
Richard
Clancy
SMTCapeCod
Dave Swanson
beetle
BowraBoy
Street
Pete Roper
Degs
GhostBullet
rick pope
drburt
Oz1200Guzzi
82 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
kindoy2
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kindoy2

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:21 pm

I gotta get one of those Aussie Throttles...WOW!

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:16 pm

Haha. Everyone’s a comedian. I’ll show you! I’ll be able to do 90 in my driveway…all 10 metres of it!

Razz

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

kindoy2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:08 am

I was looking out the window this afternoon, and thought to myself, "self, what is that blue stuff in the sky?"
Fuque me drunque! The sun was out. Ride! It was bloody freezing (not GhostBullet level cold, but cold for this old bloke). So, I finally got to test the new throttle.

Sorry, Steve, no rooster tail. The throttle is perfect. I'm as happy as a pig in poo.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

GhostBullet, Clancy and kindoy2 like this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:13 am

Most excellent. Congrats on getting out
Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:47 am

I picked up today 2 sets of wheels for GRiSO, on set second hand, and the other practically brand new.
Part the intention is I could sell a pair to a local, and the other set I could have a set of spare rubber (possibly some knobby tires)
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:48 am

I also saw blue stuff in the sky and, following a phone argument with the ex, decided I must RIDE!

However, due to bad back (and single digit C temps) it has been some time since I last rode.
I thus experienced a lack of electron flow resulting in a failure to proceed.
Went back to the warmth inside and found that the Australian Superbikes were on the box (from sweltering Darwin).

Perhaps the bike was simply looking out for me. My blood was on a bit of a boil.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:04 am

Good. Best not to ride angry, or when digits are single...

In GRiSO we trust!

kindoy2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:24 am

The 1100 Sport also needed 2 hands, a dealer close by in IA found a larger one that barely fit in stock housing. BUT you could peg it open in 1 turn.
In the cold you have to go faster, it's a matter of time, wind chill factor stops.
Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:13 am

Did an all too frequent turnsignal replacement, after having it taped up for the last couple rides.  Surprised
Each time I'd pull it out of the garage, I'd remember again, but decided to do it today. I had ordered extras a few times ago, so this one was the last of my spares.

Before and after.

beetle likes this post

Back to top Go down
Robeartato
Carlotto
Carlotto
Robeartato

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:36 am

Robeartato wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:
They fail if they are damaged by being removed incautiously or the wrong way. When you last removed them how did you do it?
slipped a rag underneath the cable to the top of the 90-degree bend and pulled.

Of course what I can't control is how the last owner(s) may have taken it out.

pair of NGK SD05Es are on the way now. France still seems to get them so I won't have to cannabalize two kits like our american friends do.

Well that was interesting.
Caps arrived (they work!) but had a fitment issue that noone else seemed to have.

the rubber boot that goes over the sparkplug itself was almost the same diameter as the plug tube. As a result, the first one got stuck halfway down and I fought with it for a good ten minutes twisting it back out.
They're both in now sans that second boot. I'm hoping that the drain holes and upper boot will keep the water away.
Next test will be getting her out on a hot day, as the temperature seemed to speed up the spark issues with the old caps.
Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:18 pm

2-up with my daughter, for an 80-mile jaunt along the coast, through the redwoods, for hot chocolate and banana cake in Pescadero, before she flys back to NZ tonight for her second semester of university. GRiSO really is a do-it-all bike.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GhostBullet, Clancy, kidsmoke and Tim Henry like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:42 am

Blue sky, warm sun, a blistering 15 degrees C. Ride!

Goat tracks riddled with potholes made it mostly unpleasant. A sphincter puckering moment as I hit the apex of a sweeper as Mr Plod hove into view...and clearly had more important things to concern them, as I was going faster than generally approved. I did pull over and wait, but they never came. Carry on then, says I!

On the way home a knobhead pulled out in front of me, despite LED headlight and running lights brightly glowing on my bright orange GRiSO..and I had to brake heavily. Put me in a foul mood. I had to savagely mow the lawn when I got back, to work off that anger generated energy.

Gratuitous pic.

In GRiSO we trust!

Oz1200Guzzi, GhostBullet, lcjohnny, Florida lime, kindoy2 and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:51 am

Sounds like less than fun time, but at least great dramatic reading. 🙂

beetle likes this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:45 am

Not sure what I did to GRiSO suspension settings in the past 6 months (I SORN'd it up to start of July as too busy riding the other Guzzis in the garage !); but it was almost unrideable, even discounting how much easier handling my small blocks are - always wanting to fall into corners & steering felt 'loose' & any bump on a corner threw the bike off course.......so I dropped the rear (Stelvio) by dropping preload & pulled the front up back into forks to 1-2 rings from 5 rings......

....result is daylight better & I might go further & even might refit the Matris to lower back end (time has allowed me to forget how bad it 'might have been' when I switched to stelvio shock in the first place); although at 6'3" I love the higher riding position on both ends.
Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:32 pm

I finally installed the D2 Denali lights on the GRiSO I've had sitting around since I upgraded to D3s on a different bike.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

kidsmoke likes this post

Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:04 pm

Florida lime wrote:
I finally installed the D2 Denali lights on the GRiSO I've had sitting around since I upgraded to D3s on a different bike.

Just had a conversation about doing this with another GRiSO owner yesterday. NICE.
Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:33 pm

kidsmoke wrote:
Florida lime wrote:
I finally installed the D2 Denali lights on the GRiSO I've had sitting around since I upgraded to D3s on a different bike.

Just had a conversation about doing this with another GRiSO owner yesterday. NICE.
Not so nice  -  took the GRiSO to dinner in town tonight, and it wouldn't start when it was time to go home.  Mad

Acted like startus interuptus, but it has the circuitry to stop that. Got a ride home, and went back with the van. I'll check fuses in the morning.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:23 am

FL,
I’ve had the MPH kit in mine for 8 years. It came with a 15 amp fuse that would blow now and then. I went to 20 amp years ago at the advice of Pete. That is much better. I’m sure you checked that already.
Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:43 am

JohnA wrote:
FL,
I’ve had the MPH kit in mine for 8 years. It came with a 15 amp fuse that would blow now and then. I went to 20 amp years ago at the advice of Pete. That is much better. I’m sure you checked that already.
Yes.
Checked the main 30 amp fuses first, then the 15 amp one in the kit. Bingo !  I should have just checked the fuses yesterday,  but it was getting ready to rain soon, and I didn't want my wife to get soaked while I was trouble shooting.  Smile

Starts up fine now.

Thanks for the tip regarding the 20 amp fuse, I'll pick some up to keep on the bike if it happens again.

kidsmoke and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:38 am

Had an informal Guzzi 'Rally' in Indiana over the weekend. A shared event with an Airhead group. It was hosted at a privately owned farm in a very rustic/rural area with lots of curvy 1 1/2 lane roads, many of which were recently paved.

GRiSO was well represented amongst the bikes present. Of the 11 Guzzi's that made an appearance, 4 were GRiSO's. Three represented here on the forum. Myself Ratso and Nobleswood. Barely surpassing the runner up, V85TT's with 3. Just realizing, I've got 3 other friends here in Indiana with GRiSO's, bringing my personal knowledge/state total to 6. Seems we've got something happening!

Pearl did well. 220 miles (354 Km) Mileage still sucks, but she's still not 'finished'.

Last edited by kidsmoke on Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:02 am; edited 2 times in total

Clancy, Nobleswood, Florida lime, Tim Henry, Pawel Spoon, kindoy2 and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:55 am

I would have liked to attend, but we had some family things going on. That part of Indiana is very nice with plenty of interesting roads.

kidsmoke likes this post

Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:14 pm

Tonight I verified everything works like it should after replacing that fuse.

JohnA, GhostBullet, Tim Henry and Pawel Spoon like this post

Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:33 pm

Fluid change day.

GhostBullet, kidsmoke and Tim Henry like this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:29 am

Not so what I did, but more to what I picked up today.  
Now the little bit of a scary bit, to fit the bits to the bike.  The below be the timing chain, tensioner, and gasket. If ya go any tips, throw em at me Smile  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:47 am

Hate to tell you but it's the wrong gasket.

Now you do have the camchain already?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 26 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next