GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

A Pete Roper and Beetle Question

Go down 
+2
Pete Roper
Buellbloke
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

A Pete Roper and Beetle Question Empty
PostSubject: A Pete Roper and Beetle Question   A Pete Roper and Beetle Question Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:43 am

So boys I notice you have your fins machined/sanded off.
Looks quite good, done it to a few machines myself.
My question is do you still have them like this or did you go off the idea and revert back to black?
Anyone else consider or implement this idea?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: A Pete Roper and Beetle Question   A Pete Roper and Beetle Question Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:46 pm

scratch

Sorry? Don't understand the question? My motor is completely unmodified cosmetically or mechanically???

Mark's motor is highly modified but the only real cosmetic change I believe is the black rocker covers and bolts. I may be wrong about that.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: A Pete Roper and Beetle Question   A Pete Roper and Beetle Question Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:09 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
scratch

Sorry? Don't understand the question? My motor is completely unmodified cosmetically or mechanically???

Mark's motor is highly modified but the only real cosmetic change I believe is the black rocker covers and bolts. I may be wrong about that.

Is that Green GRiSO yours?
I seem to recall seeing a similar bike in your yard with those blue heel guards?

Sections show modified sanded fin edges.
Upon zoom in maybe the green one isnt, its possibly relected light, the orange one defo is.

Last edited by Buellbloke on Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: A Pete Roper and Beetle Question   A Pete Roper and Beetle Question Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:15 pm

No modification to fins. You're imagining it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: A Pete Roper and Beetle Question   A Pete Roper and Beetle Question Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:19 pm

beetle wrote:

No modification to fins. You're imagining it.

Thats possible, though not like its not a done thing, have thought for a while maybe it would look good.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: A Pete Roper and Beetle Question   A Pete Roper and Beetle Question Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:28 pm

I have used black powder coating on the valve covers of most of my Guzzis.  It's cost effective and lasts quite a long time (but not forever).

Here's a pix of my Cali 1400 with the valve covers black powder coated.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: A Pete Roper and Beetle Question   A Pete Roper and Beetle Question Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:40 pm

I think it's a trick of the light. Being sensible for a change, if you haven't been to Oz and especially at my area which is at quite a high elevation, at least by Australian standards, it's difficult to describe the intensity of the light. The Canberra region, most particularly in high summer and mid winter, is given to long periods of very slow moving high pressure systems that render sunlight seemingly retina-burningly bright!

I think what you are suspecting to be the polished edge of the fins is most likely simply the sunlight striking the edge of the fins and the contrast with the shaded parts of the fins below.

Various versions of the Cali 1400 came with polished fins on the heads. If you search up some pictures of those it will probably give you something to compare and contrast to.

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: A Pete Roper and Beetle Question   A Pete Roper and Beetle Question Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:33 am

April Fool?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: A Pete Roper and Beetle Question   A Pete Roper and Beetle Question Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:44 am

Not from me. I grew up in the UK. The light here is very, very different. Really.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: A Pete Roper and Beetle Question   A Pete Roper and Beetle Question Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:00 am

I did think it somewhat oldskool the all blacked out engine block on the GRiSO, they are enamaled too those fins.
It's been a thing on engines since forever, am certain the venerable Suzuki EFE had machined head fins back in the 80's.
All the new Guzzi's sport them not just the 1400 cali's Pete.
They do seem remiss on the GRiSO like they should be there but arent, I really thought that yours and Beetles bikes looked cool sporting them.
Having seen later pics of both bikes and them not visible assumed you decided against them.
Certainly a useful trick of the Ozzy light reflecting off the glossy lower edges.
Maybe will sport a set see what peeps think of them.

Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: A Pete Roper and Beetle Question   A Pete Roper and Beetle Question Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:35 am

Buellbloke wrote:
I did think it somewhat oldskool the all blacked out engine block on the GRiSO, they are enamaled too those fins.

Just get a 1100, and your fins will be shiny on all sides.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Pete Roper and Beetle Question   A Pete Roper and Beetle Question Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

A Pete Roper and Beetle Question
Page 1 of 1