GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Project Moto

Go down 
+9
Richard
Pete Roper
Deepdive
Brappadappl
PilotJet
NC Guzzi Rider
el capitan
bioman
IamSpartacus
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
IamSpartacus
Carlotto
Carlotto
IamSpartacus

Project Moto - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Moto   Project Moto - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:47 pm

Got the TB's swapped out today. You were right, it's a totally different bike now. Balanced it at 3-4k, turned it off, did a TPS reset (reads 4.6*), then balanced at idle. Runs like a top. However, while balancing, I noticed a small crack on a weld joint on the exhaust pretzel, so now I need to find someone to weld that... It never ends, lol. Hopefully I can trailer it to town and get an exhaust guy to fix it, then ride around a bit.

Thanks for your help, Pete!

80CX100 likes this post

Back to top Go down
80CX100
Carlotto
Carlotto
80CX100

PostSubject: Re: Project Moto   Project Moto - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:30 pm

Nice to hear;It's a satisfying feeling,getting these guzzis running sweet.

I had a bad exhaust leak from the oem headers into the GT 2 into 1 collector;solved with a sealing clamp kit from amazon.

I think you'll find as I have,as the niggles & leaks are found & fixed;it really tightens up the tuning.

Hopefully you have a decent welder close by; Iirc the oem collectors have been known to crack b4.

There's an art to getting the exhaust system tightened up with as much tension removed as possible,to try & prevent cracks.

Docc over at V11Lemans,has me pretty well versed on Pete's recommended method of loosening every piece of the exhaust,then slowly working from the front to the back,gradually tightening & feathering it into place as need be.

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: Project Moto   Project Moto - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:33 pm

I replaced my mid pipe with the Agostini sofar a good choice
Back to top Go down
80CX100
Carlotto
Carlotto
80CX100

PostSubject: Re: Project Moto   Project Moto - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:51 pm

Nice

I had a bad exhaust leak from the oem headers into the GT 2 into 1 collector;solved with a sealing clamp kit from amazon.

I think you'll find as I have,as the niggles & leaks are found & fixed;it really tightens up the tuning.

Hopefully you have a decent welder close by; Iirc the oem collectors have been known to crack b4.

There's an art to getting the exhaust system tightened up with as much tension removed as possible,to try & prevent cracks.

Docc over at V11Lemans,has me pretty well versed on Pete's recommended method of loosening every piece of the exhaust,then slowly working from the front to the back,gradually tightening,feathering it into place & working the tension out as need be.

Glad to hear that your bike is coming along nicely.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Project Moto   Project Moto - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:46 pm

The early bikes were particularly crack prone in the 'Pretzel', tha factory actually made a suplementary bracket for them but usually reinforcing the welding works well enough. It doesn't have to be pretty, it's fairly well hidden, just strong.
Back to top Go down
IamSpartacus
Carlotto
Carlotto
IamSpartacus

PostSubject: Re: Project Moto   Project Moto - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:30 pm

Bike still was as cold blooded as an ex girlfriend—you really needed to babysit the throttle until she warmed up. So I finally downloaded the Beetle map, saved my stock one, and programmed the new one with another TPS reset and auto learning reset. Good lord, bike fires right up with no problem now—no warm-up period necessary. Now, if only it wasn't winter in Montana, lol.

beetle, Oz1200Guzzi, VTwin and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Moto   Project Moto - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Project Moto
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3