GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Rollerised ??

Go down 
+9
rick pope
Kel
lcjohnny
paulbrice
Rolf Halvorsen
Pete Roper
beetle
kindoy2
Mariner92
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

Rollerised ?? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rollerised ??   Rollerised ?? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:30 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Not entirely correct in my experience. The only way to truly know is to look for the drill marks in the paint on the heads and look for floating or non floating rocker covers.

Even using the factory engine numbers I know of several bikes with engines that post-dated the change over that had flat tappets. Truly, the only way to really know is to look.

Understood. I am interested in buying a 2012 Tenni and was provided with a vin number while the owner figures out how and where to look at the drill marks. While that happens any chance you can check on this vin : zgulsuo25cm111394 on the wild off chance that it is in factory rollered? I will then go myself and verify if it is or not.
Many thanks
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Rollerised ??   Rollerised ?? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:56 pm

It's not done by Vin#, it's done by engine number. The changeover points as supplied by the factory are in my 'Definitive guide' thread.
Back to top Go down
Onewhocansee
Carlotto
Carlotto
Onewhocansee

PostSubject: Re: Rollerised ??   Rollerised ?? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:16 pm

Finaly got my hands on a B kit for my 2011 Stelvio cheers

Waited over 14 weeks last year for CSML to get me one, but I eventualy cancelled more to their reluctance to answer emails after the proposed lead time. Shame cause it was a lot cheaper.

Gutsibits took 5 weeks & just under £1000 Neutral

Time to brush up on Pete's sage like dissemination of the knowledge of the forthcoming task.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rollerised ??   Rollerised ?? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Rollerised ??
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3