GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

APMG0023 on display

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hardster
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Hardster

APMG0023 on display Empty
PostSubject: APMG0023 on display   APMG0023 on display Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:26 pm

I have had two occasions, one after a coffee break mid ride and the other at the beginning of a ride where the starter motor does not turn over. Just a ‘click’ when the starter button is pushed. I have tried different combinations of ignition switch and kill button. Shifting the gear lever. It eventually after 5-10 minutes turns over and starts. Interestingly, the clock always returns to zero.

APMG0023 comes up on the display. Is this the same as error code 23  “#1 ignition coil not grounded”?

Has anyone experienced this or have any thoughts?

Cheers

Hardy
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: APMG0023 on display   APMG0023 on display Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:55 pm

APMG0023 is the boot code of the Dash software. The battery volts are dropping too low.

Either you are suffering Startus Interruptus, or your battery is no good.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

lcjohnny and RedMogAndy like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: APMG0023 on display   APMG0023 on display Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:56 pm

Also make sure your battery terminals and cable ends are clean and tightly attached.

lcjohnny, RedMogAndy and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
RedMogAndy
Carlotto
Carlotto
RedMogAndy

PostSubject: Re: APMG0023 on display   APMG0023 on display Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:57 pm

Crikey, is this some form of voodoo? My SE has just done this very thing Shocked
I have swapped the battery over for a fancy Li one & that did not fix it, I've been cleaning up the coil connectors & checking all the relays are working as they should; then pulling & replacing the 30 amp fuse in the hope that this would get it to check the system & reset if fixed? - no luck so far.
I was planning to do a startus interruptus mod but haven't yet as I didn't want to introduce any more variables into the mix (electrickery is a scary suject for technical midgets like me Embarassed). I will give it a go, wish me luck . . .
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: APMG0023 on display   APMG0023 on display Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:31 pm

Make Sure to check the ground cables on the block of engine, yes, look behind starter cover.

lcjohnny and RedMogAndy like this post

Back to top Go down
Hardster
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Hardster

PostSubject: Re: APMG0023 on display   APMG0023 on display Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:12 am

Thanks for all your responses.

Beetle - the battery is new but when I looked at the terminals as Pete suggested, I found they were a little oxidised so I’ve cleaned them up.

I’ll also check the ground connection on the block as you suggest GuzziSteve.

I won’t know for sure until I’ve done a few more rides.

Andy - I hear you. Hopefully the above helps us solve this one.

Incidentally, I also found another GRiSO owner on another website who had the same occur to him and found the battery terminals were the culprits.

Appreciate everyone’s help.

Oz1200Guzzi and RedMogAndy like this post

Back to top Go down
RedMogAndy
Carlotto
Carlotto
RedMogAndy

PostSubject: Re: APMG0023 on display   APMG0023 on display Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:13 am

Well, I've cleaned all the battery terminals & earth leads and the voltage shown on display is now over 13v, much healthier!
I still have the error/no start problem so next job is the startus interruptus fix . . .

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
RedMogAndy
Carlotto
Carlotto
RedMogAndy

PostSubject: Re: APMG0023 on display   APMG0023 on display Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:41 am

Well, startus interruptus fix done- thought I had all the bits needed but my m8 live ring tag was not up to the task and had to wait for a more substantial one from the bay of fleas. Also changed all the fuses for new and she fired up a treat! I called Baldrick about the code & he says that it means the battery has been reconnected so not to worry. Feeling much better now 😁
Back to top Go down
Hardster
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Hardster

PostSubject: Re: APMG0023 on display   APMG0023 on display Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:22 am

Also just installed the starter relay fix from mph. Piece of mind when I do any rides.

RedMogAndy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: APMG0023 on display   APMG0023 on display Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

APMG0023 on display
Page 1 of 1