GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+88
Street
waterbottle
Guzzi Cat
Bill Hagan
Nobleswood
Converted Duc
gshybrid
Steak
MrGPz
Diablo Loco
wardentm
Oz1200Guzzi
Motoguzzimackers
Ian p
BradleyM
Rubberbroker
dennis the menace
pkroupa
techman-001
AH Head
Scot p
remgitano
Ad B
bCraig
Birch
Grisodude
rudolf35
bumati
GUZ21
fredfrenzy
Brent S
Bulldog9
janguzzi
GuzziSteve
Lemppari
sono
FreshEgg
RightD
GNORTS
nwreed
keenerkeen07
Wet Coaster
DungeonMaster
NorthernProducer
bioman
HLMiskelly
wayne68
Belfastguzzi
Guzzi Two Shoes
guzziownr
nev
f-man
blue thunder
Papa Lazarou
Yodasoldier
ultra
GHTE
muzhik
mark111
Conor W
GuzziTwoShoes
jeremyb
Ralf z
tocino
Charlie J
LBC Tenni
Dilliw
Grisonut
Ahdammit
Omnis
Blue
little750
Hacky
boxerscott
dave taylor
Canyon Carver
H-E-ROSS
MalG
opc
WCB
bahamazoo
CPB
MrBob
cbxtc6
Pete Roper
wyno
beetle
Tango2
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
gshybrid
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
gshybrid

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:59 pm

Rare nice day in Seattle...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:15 pm

What a great pic, well done .......
Thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:36 pm

Washed and polished "Black Betty" and put her back into the shed - still DDs abounding. At least she looks good and next week I'll ride her hard...
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:53 pm

Okay, I need some clarification here.

What are DD's? I have one meaning but can't see how that would inhibit anyone from riding. And all Aussie GRiSO riders can't have girlfriends with that blessing. That would be too much of a co-incidence.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:02 pm

I prefer to leave the DD thing(s) to my imagination. Wink

I suspect the truth ... and care nothing for it. Evil or Very Mad

Bill
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:20 pm

DDs ..... Double Demerits
Down under in the land of Oz big brother has this great way of trying to slow us down out on the black stuff
We all get a set amount of driver licence 'demerit points' for a period of time, generally 3 years for minor driving offences
So, if you get caught speeding you get a fine plus the associated demerit points, if you run out of points, you run out of licence
During holiday periods when lots of motorists are out and about the authorities announce 'double demirits' time so, for the same offence double points gone
For those who are getting down on points this period is very 'hazardous'
Therefore nothing to do with bra sizing.....
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:24 pm

Thanks Wardentm,

I would never have guessed that one.
Back to top Go down
Diablo Loco
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Diablo Loco

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:37 pm

If you live in QLD, you also have to contend with VLAD laws whilst dodging DD's. The Vicious Lawless Association Disestablishment Act.

Supposedly targeting criminal organisations (but really, mostly "Bikie" clubs) it applies to any group of 3 or more people "whether associated formally or informally and whether the group is legal or illegal."

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:57 pm

Ah, guv'ment.  Comes with the "social contract," I suppose.  Evil or Very Mad

OTOH, I never complain when I draw my monthly pension as a retired "Fed."  Wink

Interestingly, WRT DD's of the "demerit" sort, in Virginia (and perhaps other states in the USA), you earn a "good" point for every year of driving (up to 5) without earning any "bad" points via traffic offenses ("offences" in QLD, etc.  Razz

I have 4 "good" points after my 4 years here; I love to say that to Kathi  queen , who has but 3.  Very Happy

So, if I were -- hypothetically speaking of course  cheers -- to get blue-lighted for, e.g., passing on the double yellow, the judge  farao would take 3 "good" points, but I'd still have a good one left, and be in no (present) danger of losing my license.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:16 pm

Bill, same, same, yet different.

scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:42 pm

Diablo Loco wrote:
If you live in QLD, you also have to contend with VLAD laws whilst dodging DD's.  The Vicious Lawless Association Disestablishment Act.  

Supposedly targeting criminal organisations (but really, mostly "Bikie" clubs) it applies to any group of 3 or more people "whether associated formally or informally and whether the group is legal or illegal."

Apparently also applies to wearing of "patches", so don't wear your Sons of Anarchy t shirt Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:49 pm

There are no "Holiday Special" double demerit points applied up here in Qld, ya for the banana state!
If I get booked in NSW during the holidays, your mexican D/D's don't apply to my license.

However, if you get booked for the same offence twice, within a 12 month period, the second offence has double demerit points applied. Dumb because some years ago I had already had a 4 point booking. So I always rode faster after that risking a 6 point ticket rather than cop 8 points and loss of license for only going 20k over.
Less than 13km/h over the speed limit = $162 + 1 demerit point.
13km/h to 20km/h over the speed limit = $243 + 3 demerit points.
20km/h to 30km/h over the speed limit = $406 + 4 demerit points.
30km/h to 40km/h over the speed limit = $568 + 6 demerit points.
More than 40km/h over the speed limit = $1,137 + 8 demerit points and 6 month suspension.

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:10 am

gshybrid wrote:
Rare nice day in Seattle...

Nice photo, Myrtle Edwards?

I need to get the GRiSO out again soon. Perhaps for the Guzzi Breakfast in Enumclaw on 1/7...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
gshybrid
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
gshybrid

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:25 pm

A bit farther north, Magnolia Blvd...

Nice photo, Myrtle Edwards?

I need to get the GRiSO out again soon.  Perhaps for the Guzzi Breakfast in Enumclaw on 1/7...[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:37 pm

Took GRiSO for a sedate stroll, conscious of Double 'D"s. When I got home I discovered that I am strong enough to catch GRiSO inches from the ground when he falls over. At first GRiSO's weight fought me but after some grunting, swearing and a heap of sweat managed to right GRiSO with no damage.

Farque me, don't know how long I will have the strength to do that.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:52 pm

Full service last night, Rode the Bruce Hwy to Brisbane today to drink all of GHEZZI's beer.
Had a near death experience between a town called Tiaro and Gympie. A new United service station has been opened and the traffic heading north has to turn across the Hwy to access it. Guess what, some wanker in a van towing a trailer doesn't think a motorcycle is worth waiting for. I'd just passed a truck on the overtaking lanes 500 meters up the road and was probably approaching warp factors when the afore mentioned F-tard pealed across in front of me. I was distracted for a couple of seconds looking at the new Servo. No amount of brakes was going to pull me up in time and I actually aimed for the side of the oncoming car behind the dickhead. He did manage to get out of the way enough for me to go between his trailer and the oncoming car. So I'm still here pale   Had I have looked at the new servo for a second longer, someone else might be telling this story. Closest one for me in a long time. I think a bit of poo came out Shocked
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:34 am

F*******k !
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:38 am

I'd been inclined to go "discuss" that event with the perp.

Nothing good would come of that, of course, but the "red mist" sometimes doesn't care. Evil or Very Mad

Happy you are telling about it instead of us reading a "Waterbottle RIP" notice.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:45 am

Converted Duc wrote:
Took GRiSO for a sedate stroll, conscious of Double 'D"s. When I got home I discovered that I am strong enough to catch GRiSO inches from the ground when he falls over. At first GRiSO's weight fought me but after some grunting, swearing and a heap of sweat managed to right GRiSO with no damage.

Farque me, don't know how long I will have the strength to do that.

Once you slow the descent enough and it's near to the ground, letting it continue its somewhat restrained way results in virtually no damage ... or so I have heard.  Embarassed

Think of it as a retro rocket on a cargo parachute.  Very Happy

Also easier on your body parts, which are way more expensive than the GRiSO's ... tho testiculosity does interrupt logical thought process in such situations as in ... erm ... other non-moto circumstances. Wink

Best,

Bill

Last edited by Bill Hagan on Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:11 am

waterbottle wrote:
Full service last night, Rode the Bruce Hwy to Brisbane today to drink all of GHEZZI's beer.
Had a near death experience between a town called Tiaro and Gympie. A new United service station has been opened and the traffic heading north has to turn across the Hwy to access it. Guess what, some wanker in a van towing a trailer doesn't think a motorcycle is worth waiting for. I'd just passed a truck on the overtaking lanes 500 meters up the road and was probably approaching warp factors when the afore mentioned F-tard pealed across in front of me. I was distracted for a couple of seconds looking at the new Servo. No amount of brakes was going to pull me up in time and I actually aimed for the side of the oncoming car behind the dickhead. He did manage to get out of the way enough for me to go between his trailer and the oncoming car. So I'm still here pale   Had I have looked at the new servo for a second longer, someone else might be telling this story. Closest one for me in a long time. I think a bit of poo came out Shocked

A lucky escape for sure Waterbottle, All the experience in the world doesn't matte,r if you don't have a little luck on you'r side you'r F....k.d!!

I took the GRiSO out for the last spin of 2016 myself today, very grey damp shitty roads here at this time of year, lots of concentration needed (and a bit of luck)

Happy New Year and safe riding for 2017:thumb:
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:58 pm

A bit quieter on the roads today. Having a break at O'Reilly's up on top of lamington plateau. Wayne's brother Steve in this pic.

A daily driver behind the Rosso

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:49 pm

Yep, great ride. Bella still weighs 200kg (meaning nothing fell off). I still weigh 90kg (meaning I didn't do anything stupid enough to shit meself), so it was a great day.
Temp hit 37*C coming down the mountain.
Air con on, cold shower and currently enjoying a cold beer.

Ron was gracious enough to leave me one. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:50 pm

Glad you avoided disaster, Ron. That's some scary shit and I've been there with less positive results. Be safe in the new year everybody.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:00 am

Finally got around to applying grease to the rear suspension :-)

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:07 pm

How bad were the bearings ? Mine looked like this at 16k miles from new... Suspension bearings also needed a major fettle & grease. Only thing that major went wrong with me was the torque setting (sheared it) of the crap quality soft shite swing arm bolts on refitting (doesn't need much torque & I misread manual but they were rubbish metal) - I replaced with stainless new ones after drill and tap removal.   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Guess your next stop is steering bearings Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next