GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....

Go down 
+132
syspig
guzziownr
Bill Dee
GuzziSteve
iminspaaace
Buellbloke
drawnverybadly
TheMuffinMan
mikebr
LDD
knumbnutz
BobW981
Charles
SMTCapeCod
lcjohnny
Joeker80
alanlemansiv
Edown101-23
gertler
zeke81
Ulf
rick pope
Groovitz
Robinson_Spike
odder
Axael
Stubbie
Utesch
Ditchfinder
wrinkley
Griso Tom
Leone
PunkScout
WhiteGC
vee2win
saganIsMyHomeboy
melonman
kiwi dave
Paggers
hezovka
janguzzi
sideshowbob
Weißgerät
Sollep
jlburgess
BB43215
Nobleswood
beetle
MrGPz
RIKBRIANT
GuZeee
svru
davem
eeyore
Street
sidrat
paulbrice
oediehl
charliebigonions
EricS
2highlander
petarzil
DangWangi
wardentm
Brent S
Guzzi Cat
barton
Daves-i-Know
Lemppari
ultra
FreshEgg
Hacky
LBC Tenni
bradbusa
Papa Lazarou
boxerscott
keenerkeen07
Charlie J
Oz1200Guzzi
waterbottle
MalG
tarsky68
jexmatex
supercoyote
Cantaloop
jomartijr
kmac33
roam
joshct
AOAM
Grade247
Chronic
JestersInc
Josh.C
rickmain
damoru
bikesnbones
ronbo10
Overholt13
Triman023
Caedmon
Midlifecrisis
enghira
austin_22
little750
bioman
grisorosso
J1anno
tocino
spozzy
Mr Griso
mark111
Birch
msestak
Canyon Carver
Ad B
swagzz
wardest
WCB
Guzziboy66
Phang
DungeonMaster
pauldaytona
Landman
Pete Roper
NorthBayGriso
wittangamo
Grisonut
Oca
Steak
Uzidzit
136 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:51 pm

What happened to the original one - you could use it to make (get someone to make) a pattern one if you have it ?
Back to top Go down
oediehl
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
oediehl

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:05 pm

Don't have the original, not included with my bike purchase. I did just find a shop to get a new one; Eurocorsa if I remember correctly. A little pricey, but worth it if the previous owner doesn't find the original in his garage
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:14 am

Sounds like your sorted but if you need the dimensions to have one made just ask the hoards here who run one...
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:16 am

I have one on mine, if you want some photo's and dimensions, although i have never taken it out!
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:16 am

I never took mine out yet either; in fact started out wondering if one was even fitted given the initial shock of noise compared to stock bagpipe...but seems there is !
Back to top Go down
oediehl
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
oediehl

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:09 am

I'm waiting over the weekend to see if the guy I bought the GRiSO from can find it in his garage. If not, I'll buy from Eurocorsa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:14 pm

Is this the perfect pretzel design for keeping the right back pressure?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:30 pm

The next person to use the term "back pressure" will have fire and fury the likes the world has never seen rain down upon them.

Mad

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:06 pm

Hey, that sounds like the Kim & Ronald McDonald show.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:47 pm

Back Lives Matter

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:04 am

Just after a bit of advice if anyone can help.
This coming weekend I am taking the bike on a blast through France, Belgium and meeting some friends testing cars at the Nurburgring.
My bike is standard apart from the Zard exhaust (with factory dB installed but no E markings).
Has anyone ever had an issue with travelling through Europe with non-standard exhausts?
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:14 am

Never had a problem myself in 30 odd years of riding around Europe but I always leave the baffle/db killer in. The Germans have some strict rules on non standard parts but I'm sure these do not apply to non residents.
Back to top Go down
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:13 am

Thanks for this confirmation.
It's been a couple of years since I last travelled around Europe on a bike but spotted something about reflective helmets in France. This then lead to a note about being chained and shackled for 20 years if you have a non-conforming exhaust!
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:28 am

The only country you could have a problem with is Switzerland, who can stop you and send you over the border for almost any reason. However i have been there a number of times with other bikes and loud exhausts (mine is obviously road legal) and never had a problem, you will be fine, enjoy your ride!
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:33 am

beetle wrote:
The next person to use the term "back pressure" will have fire and fury the likes the world has never seen rain down upon them.

Mad

Can we use "flow velocity" instead :-) or will do i have to move to North Korea
Back to top Go down
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:19 am

Thanks.
It's not excessively noisy - just a satisfying rumble but no E marking or cat.
Back to top Go down
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:05 pm

My bike has a Zard ZG070SSR 'race' silencer. While giving the bike a good clean I noticed that the main body of the silencer was not attached to the short section that clamps onto the original collector pipe. Once removed there is no evidence of any welds but it was obviously in one piece when I fitted the silencer at the beginning of the year.
Has anybody else got one of these exhausts?
Should it be just a push fit (obviously very tight when new) or should it be a permanent connection?
Back to top Go down
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:51 am

Just to update this, Zard have replied saying that the exhaust must be welded together.
Zard have requested photographs but I can see no evidence of failed welds.
Back to top Go down
svru
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
svru

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:41 pm

My failed Zard weld and my fix...

Back to top Go down
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:39 am

Just to update this. The CEO from Zard requested details and photos of the failed connection. These were sent over as requested but to date they have not replied.
My repair was simple, I just internally mig welded the connection, swaged the clamping area to improve alignment/remove loading at the joint.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:46 pm

Can't wait to hear what folks have to say after watching this...pretty sure I heard the terms back-pressure and power commander mentioned...

Let the bristling begin!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:18 am

Arse. Anus. Sphincter. Blot.

The mingey twat said 'back pressure'. Therefore he is a pillock and a numpty. I fart in his general direction.

Then he said 'power commander'. I do not condemn him for that. To be brutally honest, said power commander can be made to function appropriately. However, it takes a clever dick to make them work in way that enhances performance. Most are programmed by shaved apes, for whom the mantra 'more fuel' is writ on high.

Also, for a lot of bikes, the PC is the only way to diddle with the fuel delivery. We Guzzi owners are lucky that we can diddle with the ECU directly. O! Fortuna!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:00 pm

John Kennedy Toole wrote:
“So we see that even when Fortuna spins us downward, the wheel sometimes halts for a moment and we find ourselves in a good, small cycle within the larger bad cycle. The universe, of course, is based upon the principle of the circle within the circle. At the moment, I am in an inner circle. Of course, smaller circles within this circle are also possible.”
― A Confederacy of Dunces

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:12 pm

Mistral High Pipe is fantastic! Super easy to install, looks great, sounds fantastic and with the corresponding beetle map it really fattens out the power curve in the midrange.

If you like the look of it, I'd highly recommend it!
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:10 pm

GRiSO 1200 SE with Arrow and Beetle Map Mistral Hi - With adjusted cold start

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 14 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....
Page 14 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next