GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....

Go down 
+132
syspig
guzziownr
Bill Dee
GuzziSteve
iminspaaace
Buellbloke
drawnverybadly
TheMuffinMan
mikebr
LDD
knumbnutz
BobW981
Charles
SMTCapeCod
lcjohnny
Joeker80
alanlemansiv
Edown101-23
gertler
zeke81
Ulf
rick pope
Groovitz
Robinson_Spike
odder
Axael
Stubbie
Utesch
Ditchfinder
wrinkley
Griso Tom
Leone
PunkScout
WhiteGC
vee2win
saganIsMyHomeboy
melonman
kiwi dave
Paggers
hezovka
janguzzi
sideshowbob
Weißgerät
Sollep
jlburgess
BB43215
Nobleswood
beetle
MrGPz
RIKBRIANT
GuZeee
svru
davem
eeyore
Street
sidrat
paulbrice
oediehl
charliebigonions
EricS
2highlander
petarzil
DangWangi
wardentm
Brent S
Guzzi Cat
barton
Daves-i-Know
Lemppari
ultra
FreshEgg
Hacky
LBC Tenni
bradbusa
Papa Lazarou
boxerscott
keenerkeen07
Charlie J
Oz1200Guzzi
waterbottle
MalG
tarsky68
jexmatex
supercoyote
Cantaloop
jomartijr
kmac33
roam
joshct
AOAM
Grade247
Chronic
JestersInc
Josh.C
rickmain
damoru
bikesnbones
ronbo10
Overholt13
Triman023
Caedmon
Midlifecrisis
enghira
austin_22
little750
bioman
grisorosso
J1anno
tocino
spozzy
Mr Griso
mark111
Birch
msestak
Canyon Carver
Ad B
swagzz
wardest
WCB
Guzziboy66
Phang
DungeonMaster
pauldaytona
Landman
Pete Roper
NorthBayGriso
wittangamo
Grisonut
Oca
Steak
Uzidzit
136 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
RIKBRIANT
Carlotto
Carlotto
RIKBRIANT

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:27 pm

MrGPz wrote:
GRiSO 1200 SE with Arrow and Beetle Map Mistral Hi - With adjusted cold start

Just a question,...
Why the Mistral High Map and not the Arrow map,...?

Im thinking of getting an Arrrow can, on a 2008 8v rollerised GRiSO.

RIK
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:55 pm

RIKBRIANT wrote:

Just a question,...
Why the Mistral High Map and not the Arrow map,...?

Im thinking of getting  an Arrrow can, on a 2008 8v rollerised GRiSO.

RIK

I didn't know about the Arrow? must be new? Possibly the Mistral hi map that i have is the new Arrow map? Beetle will be able to expand on this?
By all accounts, others have used the Mistral Hi map and it has been really good, which is why i got it.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:33 pm

The Arrow map is the Mistral Hi-Pipe NodBk map with cold start fix.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
RIKBRIANT
Carlotto
Carlotto
RIKBRIANT

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:56 pm

beetle wrote:
The Arrow map is the Mistral Hi-Pipe NodBk map with cold start fix.

cheers

Thanks for the clarification.
Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:00 am

Beetle,

Would one of your maps work with this Mistral ?

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:52 am

Hmm. Looks a bit longer than the Conical. I'm sure I could make it work.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:00 am

MG Cycle describe it as ' carbon fiber oval muffler with cf end cap'
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:40 pm

I had a look on the Mistral website. I've never seen one before.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:51 pm

I think it’s on page 8. Top of the page . Low oval exhaust GRiSO MGH 11
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:11 pm

Sorry, I meant that I did check it out on the website. I'm not familiar with that particular pipe. My previous statement still stands. I'm sure I can make it work.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:14 pm

Thanks. I'll be in touch when I get it.
Back to top Go down
BB43215
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BB43215

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:37 am

I installed the Mass Moto 2 into 1 into 2 system. They created the original Ipothesys system for Filippo Barbacane (Officina Rosso Puro). Really great people to work with and they quality of the workmanship is evident. My initial thoughts are: WOW! gorgeous and a beautiful exhaust note. It's a tad loud for my liking, but it's only slightly louder than the Agostini system on my V7. (I prefer leaving the DB killers). I really love how the design exposes and accentuates the rear hub and sorta reflects the header layout.  
sound check here:

Drak99 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://columbuscraftcocktailtour.com
jlburgess
Carlotto
Carlotto
jlburgess

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:26 pm

Having read this entire thread I must know where to find that headlight guard! Did anyone get an answer?

And for the record the broom stick up Pete's bunghole was not alight, hence a petard has been hoisted ;-)
Thx!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:38 pm

What a craic up - cred given.
Back to top Go down
jlburgess
Carlotto
Carlotto
jlburgess

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:53 pm

Thanks Oz! Pete will be along to take said cred back any second now. .. Good stuff on this forum. That was my first post. I'm usually on WG but I see useful things here. I've got a Zard pipe + db killer with a Roper installed 068 map and it works perfectly. There's a funny box under the seat that seems to be working well. Might be an interesting Beetle comparison since it was developed independently?
Back to top Go down
Sollep
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Sollep

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:23 am

Have not been here for a while, I am impressed how much valuable stuff is loaded here in this forum. Great work, really.

I've been forced to use 4 wheels for a while, small kids, short summers, no chance for really riding. Now when kids are growing I am digging out my green SE again and wiping the dust from it. Decided to give it a new Agostini HF muffler and a bit of a cosmetic make-up.

Beetle,

with full respect to the sign "no more flat tappets" is there still a chance any of your maps would work with my Agostini HF and flat tappets (hm... Embarassed  I know, I know, but can't rollerize right now)? It's a 2010 SE model, no weird sounds, only a bit over 10K on the clock. Running the original map at the moment as it was back in 2010, still jerking on/off at low speeds as it used to. I was hoping to get it smoother on low engine speed at city traffic. Now the new muffler is about to be installed and I guess the remapping is inevitable at this point. No other mods, intake is all stock, all sensors, everything untouched. Any advice is very much appreciated.

Forgot to mention: intend to put catalysator in as well, came with the muffler.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:19 pm

Rollerisation has to be done. Sorry, that’s just the way it is. Keep an eye out for a set of second hand camboxes. They come up from time to time if you want to try and do it cheaply.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:56 pm

Sollep wrote:

Beetle,

with full respect to the sign "no more flat tappets" is there still a chance any of your maps would work with my Agostini HF and flat tappets

Groan. I don't want to be a flattie enabler, but the flattie Termi map will probably work if you are installing the catalytic converter.

PM me.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sollep
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Sollep

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:21 pm

Thanks a lot!
Beetle, I’ll PM.
Pete, you’ve made it chrystal clear that rollerising is unavoidable. Going a bit offtopic, I have picked the matter with our workshop here, they have made those replacements. They said it probably depends on a lot which tappets were put into, some subcontractors seem to provide better quality tappets than others. They pulled open a GRiSO with 27k the tappets were perfetly fine and the bike has put another 15k since still going strong with the flatties. I thougt I can postpone conversion at least until the autumn, in order not to waist short riding season we’ve got in this northern hell. Pete, do not get me wrong, I’m not questioning your research and experience on this. Just postponing. I still have chance the factory provides the kit, bike is properly maintained at the dealer.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:00 pm

Er, no. I would suggest the workshop didn't realise that even one speck of DLC missing is a failure.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:14 pm

There is also a rumour going around that the goodwill replacement has been pulled off the table by Piaggio.
Back to top Go down
Sollep
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Sollep

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:55 am

I'll ask about this rumor as well, if our dealer is aware of it.
Any chance you can easily identify which is the right kit, if the bike is Tenni green GRiSO 2010 8V SE, produced before august 2010 for European market. Should start looking around for the kit or relevant pieces.
Beetle, thanks for the map.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:21 am

For a 2010 model, it will be a B or C kit.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Weißgerät
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Weißgerät

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Thu May 31, 2018 3:42 pm

BB43215 wrote:
I installed the Mass Moto 2 into 1 into 2 system. They created the original Ipothesys system for Filippo Barbacane (Officina Rosso Puro). Really great people to work with and they quality of the workmanship is evident. My initial thoughts are: WOW! gorgeous and a beautiful exhaust note. It's a tad loud for my liking, but it's only slightly louder than the Agostini system on my V7. (I prefer leaving the DB killers). I really love how the design exposes and accentuates the rear hub and sorta reflects the header layout.  

Congratulations!
Visually, this is possibly the nicest GRiSO exhaust solution I've seen.
I'm really satisfied with the carbon conical Mistral on my white bike, though.
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Thu May 31, 2018 5:33 pm

Mass Moto website doesn't show that model.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 15 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....
Page 15 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next