GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....

Go down 
+132
syspig
guzziownr
Bill Dee
GuzziSteve
iminspaaace
Buellbloke
drawnverybadly
TheMuffinMan
mikebr
LDD
knumbnutz
BobW981
Charles
SMTCapeCod
lcjohnny
Joeker80
alanlemansiv
Edown101-23
gertler
zeke81
Ulf
rick pope
Groovitz
Robinson_Spike
odder
Axael
Stubbie
Utesch
Ditchfinder
wrinkley
Griso Tom
Leone
PunkScout
WhiteGC
vee2win
saganIsMyHomeboy
melonman
kiwi dave
Paggers
hezovka
janguzzi
sideshowbob
Weißgerät
Sollep
jlburgess
BB43215
Nobleswood
beetle
MrGPz
RIKBRIANT
GuZeee
svru
davem
eeyore
Street
sidrat
paulbrice
oediehl
charliebigonions
EricS
2highlander
petarzil
DangWangi
wardentm
Brent S
Guzzi Cat
barton
Daves-i-Know
Lemppari
ultra
FreshEgg
Hacky
LBC Tenni
bradbusa
Papa Lazarou
boxerscott
keenerkeen07
Charlie J
Oz1200Guzzi
waterbottle
MalG
tarsky68
jexmatex
supercoyote
Cantaloop
jomartijr
kmac33
roam
joshct
AOAM
Grade247
Chronic
JestersInc
Josh.C
rickmain
damoru
bikesnbones
ronbo10
Overholt13
Triman023
Caedmon
Midlifecrisis
enghira
austin_22
little750
bioman
grisorosso
J1anno
tocino
spozzy
Mr Griso
mark111
Birch
msestak
Canyon Carver
Ad B
swagzz
wardest
WCB
Guzziboy66
Phang
DungeonMaster
pauldaytona
Landman
Pete Roper
NorthBayGriso
wittangamo
Grisonut
Oca
Steak
Uzidzit
136 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:33 am

Mass Moto website doesn't show that model.
Back to top Go down
Sollep
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Sollep

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:17 pm

I owe you some feedback, now when I got my bike nice and running again.

Agostini exhaust looks, feels and sounds pretty good. The only thing is that catalytic converter was left out, as it would mean remaking of mounting points as the setup becomes a bit longer. So the map I got from Beetle (thanks!) is not ideal for this, smells rich without converter (as the map is for catalytic version).

Did some cosmetic changes to the bike overall appearance to satisfy myself and to justify the muffler change. Tyres - look good and help at gravel roads near my summer place. Got rid of rear fender, new blinkers, new levers, grips, blacked out cylinder heads, dashboard rim and replaced headlight rim with black version, new mirrors. Not much. The bike is beautiful even in stock condition, so I tried not to spoil it. Next winter shall black out the Mana bar and risers.

About flat tappets (yes, I am still on flatties - shame on me): our dealer here confirmed that the good faith program from the factory is not off the table, just that they demand more concrete damage to the tappets to open their stores to spit out the roller set. So I still run with my flatties this summer.

I hope you enjoy the two pics I try to add here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tenerifegriso likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sollep
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Sollep

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:21 pm

Forgot to remove the sticker from the tank. Now looking at the photos, it hurts. Sorry for that.
Back to top Go down
BB43215
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BB43215

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:15 am

sideshow bob wrote:
Mass Moto website doesn't show that model.

It’s not on the website, but email them and they will make it for you. Mine is the semi-complete system, meaning it utilizes the stock headers.
Back to top Go down
https://columbuscraftcocktailtour.com
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:31 am

with DÄS-Mototec 2-1 silencer

BOS EU-silencer 2-1, stainless steel black with catalyst adapter
+ DÄS-torque-kit: open airfilter cover, BMC airfilter, RexXer mapping (A8 engine)
Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
hezovka
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
hezovka

PostSubject: Silent exhaust?   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:26 am

Let me to ask maybe strange question: what is most "silent" exhaust for GRiSO, stock one?
I am close to buy GRiSO with GPR exhaust installed, but afraiding GPR massive sound would soon create / change my relations to all neighbours, but not positive way.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:25 am

Running most of the aftermarket cans with a dB killer will result in a non-neighbor annoying exhaust note. The stock pipe works fine but is very heavy.
Back to top Go down
Paggers
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Paggers

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:23 pm

I have a GPR Deeptone on my GRiSO. I have run it with & without a db killer. Without a bd killer I dont think it was excessively loud, the db killer has taken the 'bark' out of it, but it still sounds good and it runs better with it in.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:07 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
The stock pipe works fine but is very heavy.

I installed a Mistral carbon fibre muffler weighing 2.23 kG vs the stock muffler 7.23 kG.

It would take me a long time to lose that much weight personally.

And the Mistral looks better.
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:38 pm

Hi ,
I have an 1100 breva 2005 20000 miles on it.
it came with the original exhaust a venom aftermarket and a delcovic aftermarket.
original sounds like a sewing machine
venom sounds nice but covers most of the wheel which I think should be opened up.
stubby delcovic sounds great opens up the wheel and runs the same as the others ( bit snatchy low down.)
my question is : all 3 pipes are different lengths , but all seem to run ok or am I missing something ?
craig
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:59 pm

I am considering trying a right hand exit ( carc side ) with the stubby to open up the rear wheel.
(PR that pic of your ride with right hand exhaust looks the mutts nuts.)
reading through this thread , the extra bends to make the exit would/could/should only improve things ?
I am running stock map , finebau recently added but the jury is out on whether it helped or not.
1 st guzzi , keen to learn.
should the collector box stay or go.?
views ?
craig
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:32 pm

just a side note ,
when I bought the bike 7 months ago (14000 miles ) I thought it ran ok.
I then did a full service , all fluids.
set up the throttle bodies using an old school liquid manometer and the bike improved massively.
love the bike
only negative is the exhaust covering the rear wheel and the slight snatchiness at lower revs.
just completed the NC 500 in Scotland ( uk ) 1400 miles and the bike never missed a beat.
some steap mountain climbs ( 2 of the highest roads in the uk )fully loaded panniers,top box and dry bags.
loved it
craig
Back to top Go down
saganIsMyHomeboy
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
saganIsMyHomeboy

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:52 pm

@Craig- get the beetle map if you haven't already. It eliminates the low-rev snatchiness, transforming the handling at low speeds.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the NC500 - on my list for a 'uk-staycation' next year!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:09 pm

H
melonman wrote:
just a side note ,
when I bought the bike 7 months ago (14000 miles ) I thought it ran ok.
I then did a full service , all fluids.
set up the throttle bodies using an old school liquid manometer and the bike improved massively.
love the bike
only negative is the exhaust covering the rear wheel and the slight snatchiness at lower revs.
just completed the NC 500 in Scotland ( uk ) 1400 miles and the bike never missed a beat.
some steap mountain climbs ( 2 of the highest roads in the uk )fully loaded panniers,top box and dry bags.
loved it
craig

When you say you 'Set up the throttlebodies' what procedure did you follow and have you recalibrated the TPS?

The Right hand exit exhaust I used on mine was a Guzzitech product. It didn't fit, was ear bleedingy loud, (Like "I think I'll go deaf for a week!" loud.) and needless to say didn't work. I can say without a shadow of a doubt it was the worst exhaust pipe I've ever tried! It looked great and was made beautifully but that's because it wasn't made by the vendor!

As a hater of loud pipes and knowing they are completely unnecessary I can't really advise much beyond avoiding a 'Shorty' as they really don't work well, even on the 2V motors.

Pete
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:22 pm

Pete ,
thanks for the reply.
my venom exhaust is almost as long as the original just slightly slimmer and loads lighter.
it has a DB killer in.
I may look at using that on the carc side.
TB set up was from this old tractor ( is that beetle ? )
yes TPS reset with guzzidiag
craig
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:34 pm

Mark,
not got the Beetle map but seriously considering it.
The NC500 was spectacular.
I am ashamed to say it was my 1st visit to Scotland and it was mindblowing.
we went west coast to east clockwise.
most seem to do anticlockwise.
the west coast is mindblowing,the roads unreal and the people fantastic.
1400 miles from Hull and back
craig
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:41 pm

PR just looked at that carc exit pic of yours and my venom exhaust looks something like that.
I am thinking of leaving the collector box on , removing the centre stand to give space for the bends underneath.
I have a guy from work coming to have a look at it from an engineering point of view.
then possibly a new map.
not interested in HP or top speed
torque is my drug
craig
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:55 pm

Sorry, I was confusing you with someone else! On the Breva pipe is less important as long as the collector box/cat is left in place. I'd still run a pipe with a dB killer in but that would be personal choice.

Pete
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:01 pm

No Problem ,
I have just recently put my DB killer back in my stubby and the bike seems a little better and it still sounds nice ( to me )
nice deep throaty rumble
I have asked the question about a beetle map for the Breva this may just complete the package.
the finebau I fitted is not the night and day difference I expected or read about but I guess time will tell.
craig
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:23 pm

Breva maps aren't available on my website. I'll be in touch.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:44 am

melonman wrote:
No Problem ,
I have just recently put my DB killer back in my stubby and the bike seems a little better and it still sounds nice ( to me )
nice deep throaty rumble
I have asked the question about a beetle map for the Breva this may just complete the package.
the finebau I fitted is not the night and day difference I expected or read about but I guess time will tell.
craig

The Finebau product is not the answer. I was road testing it prior to Guzzidiag re mapping and it was a sticking  plaster solution at best.
The answer is a map edit which I'm sure Mark/Beetle will be able to help you with.

To avoid confusion here it would be good if you made it plain that we are discussing a non GRiSO model.
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:55 am

Hi
This is a 2005 breva 1100
I have been in touch with beetle
Yes i agree about the finebau
It seemed like the right move at the time
Craig
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:21 pm

Pic of my delkavic stubby
I would like to shorten the link pipe to open up back wheel[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:30 pm

Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:12 am

I've looking at all the exhaust posted here and it got me thinking what would I replace my Termi pipe with on the G1100.

My previous bike was a Triumph Tiger Sport and I adapted a Chinese built exhaust to fit.

The UK importer was called Lextek and I was amazed at the quality of the silencer, probably the best I have fitted. All I had to do was order a link pipe from a pipe
bender and for £150 all in it was a bargain.

For the GRiSO the link pipe would have to be swaged from the 55mm down to 51mm but that is easy done for less than £10.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lextek have a large range of silencers to choose from and with a bit of ingenuity  at least a couple could be made to fit the GRiSO for the fraction of the cost of other products and the quality is certainly there.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For the more adventerous amongst us it is certainly an option.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 16 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....
Page 16 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next