GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+89
Hacky
MrGPz
H-E-ROSS
GNORTS
Laker
MrBob
nev
king Rich
paulbrice
derby
Cereal KLR
pensieromalvagio
Andy in NZ
bahamazoo
Lemppari
supercoyote
cbxtc6
Lenz9753
WCB
Daves-i-Know
KevinEmpire
jexmatex
diedel
ruzellio
Earl of Portchester
HLMiskelly
MalG
little750
wardentm
handyandy
opc
Blue
keenerkeen07
Guzzi Cat
eric2186
fredfrenzy
LBC Tenni
motomonster
WAKEY
Phang
Bill Hagan
Tassiedevil71
bioman
Josh.C
mark111
blue thunder
Oz1200Guzzi
joecool
Fissionmaker
jomartijr
Chaipaval
Ralf z
Trknomo
sidrat
Guzzi Two Shoes
Conor W
NorthernProducer
Grisodude
Wet Coaster
The Saint
waterbottle
Converted Duc
Birch
beetle
Canyon Carver
Grisonut
rboe
Ad B
tocino
Enzo the baker
pokeyjoe
Street
Steak
DungeonMaster
GHTE
Gr8V
f-man
Omnis
Tolle09
Triman023
CPB
Pete Roper
Tod.
wyno
Overholt13
Guzziboy66
plantboy
Charlie J
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:10 am

Yeah, I had to drive the SKV to the beach house and start loading shit up to bring back up here prior to sale. No ride for me either. Arse!

I've had a couple of bikes do the high idle thing. What do you reckon causes it? Mr. Bob's bike did it with the roller Termi map. It was worse with his Termi on which is a bit clogged after a plug cap went west and it filled the Cat with raw fuel for a bit! I gave him mine and it improved it a lot. We tried several maps but ended up with the Termi 'R' map but it was still idling a bit high, probably about 1,350. Playing with the CO didn't seem to help a lot.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:38 am

Feck.

Stepper? Air-idle is the only thing I can think of. Idling at 2000 usually means stupid rich. Idling at 1300-1400 is likely too much air. A couple of Norge's in the US did that. I made one-off maps with a different target idle. I can make a lower target idle Termi map for MrBob that may help.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:27 am

Wat a reat tae.

OK ... I have to hook up external keyboard because my MBP decided to make dfghjkl dead letters, so to speak.  Crying or Very sad  Had never realized how many words need those letters, especially "l." And, naturally, I bought a $16 cheapie, so it's a pound and pray thing itself.  

OK, back to the topic.   Wink

What a great tale.

We have all been there, albeit with different distractions.

Happily, Kathi has not only agreed but asked to ride today!   cheers  queen

She has also -- no doubt using that "herd men" skill women learn in Wives' School -- managed to link said ride to the completion of various domestic domestic tasks, not one of which do I find worthy of notice, much less a second glance.  For example, one can "straighten things" after dark, so why use prime riding time for that?   scratch

Yours, at least, had some merit, e.g., the WC fan, not, of course, that our distaff halves emit odors.   Rolling Eyes  

And, as we had decided to lower our Christmas "illumination signature" a bit this year, my own ladder time was reduced (some).

Anyway, this delay is especially maddening as we are having slightly weird but delightfully warm December: 70F or so today and tomorrow.   sunny

But, as did you, I'll grin and bear it, all for the joy of hearing my EV (GRiSO 800 miles away and Norge on the lift) crank, growl, and roar away.  Then, it's back roads for a few hours with my favorite pillion hugging me (with occasional knee squeezes that signal she is really happy; a promising state for later), and my EV reminding me how pleasant an old Tonti can be ... until I ask too much of her in a curve and she reminds me to be ... erm ... mindful.   Shocked

So, best wishes to you for tomorrow and your ride report.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:14 pm

I got in two rides today. Both logging runs, so not 'fun' rides. No high idles either. cheers

...plus managed another 'honey-do'. I rock!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
nev
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
nev

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:15 pm

Checked my valves today:
put in a new fuel map:
Now if you could just hold my beer
:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
nev.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:56 pm

Tee hee.

..it's so shiny and clean.. Shocked

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:19 pm

Nev, sorry to say, but your "tapometer" is the wrong size - you need a 4lb'er. Like the beer choice though.
Back to top Go down
nev
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
nev

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:17 am

[quote="beetle"]Tee hee.

..it's so shiny and clean..  
Beetle, when I traded my breva 1100 not washing the bug guts off the screen for ten years
stained it beyond repair , I vowed that would never happen to the new "greaser' , I ve only polished
it  four times in the first 2000 km !

oz 1200, I  feel safe using a tapometer, I understand carbureters and points and I feel in control ,
I ve put in a beetle map (thanks Beetle ) but I ve done nothing to improve it , but the bike seems to run
better its like someone else is in control .  sounding weird now but not understanding how the fuel maps
work or are changed seem to unsettle me confused
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:08 pm

Its got a beetle jet kit in it now.

I also believe Oz1200 has misguided you, a metric 1.8kg "calibrated knockometer" is the correct implement to use.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:54 am

Went for a ride up the Oxley with Mr Bob today - his first decent ride since the changes (some 400k) and he is a very happy chappie, as he will let you know.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:47 am

You bastards! My favourite road, my favourite pub.
Have opportunity Dec 27th/28th to stay there and ride ................................
most likely Bella's new bits wont be ready so I will truck down a mate and his 2 bikes.
DRZ400 SM (430 kit) and a 675 Street Triple.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:16 pm

Barstewards! I resemble recognise that pub from earlier in the year. Good black beer too
Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:55 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Yeah, I had to drive the SKV to the beach house and start loading shit up to bring back up here prior to sale. No ride for me either. Arse!

I've had a couple of bikes do the high idle thing. What do you reckon causes it? Mr. Bob's bike did it with the roller Termi map. It was worse with his Termi on which is a bit clogged after a plug cap went west and it filled the Cat with raw fuel for a bit! I gave him mine and it improved it a lot. We tried several maps but ended up with the Termi 'R' map but it was still idling a bit high, probably about 1,350. Playing with the CO didn't seem to help a lot.

Pete

Been keeping an eye on the revs and after a few runs, idle has settled down to 1250, tho on start up this morning in the cool, throttle was a bit hesitant to roll on, only lasted a few seconds tho.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:19 pm

I'm a little late but,

Last Tuesday Dec 8 I tried to avoid a car pulling into my land and dropped my GRiSO.
Looks like the right valve cover gasket is lightly weeping.
I have some pretty serious bruising on my right leg but I am not missing any work.
That damn CB750 never bruised me as heavy as the GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
Laker
Biondino
Biondino
Laker

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:14 am

DungeonMaster wrote:
I'm a little late but,

Last Tuesday Dec 8 I tried to avoid a car pulling into my land and dropped my GRiSO.
I have some pretty serious bruising on my right leg but I am not missing any work.

I'll bet you and the GRiSO could've taken the car if you hadn't tried to avoid it.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:15 am

Sorry to hear it DM, hope you're feeling better soon.

Street

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:41 am

Same as DM. Sorry to hear that.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:36 pm

Knee is still sore but I am good.

Thanks Guys

Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:06 am

Well, I'm still bruised and definitely can't go back to work...I tried but it hurts too much and I'll never ill if I push the issue.
They came and looked at my bike and by next week, I should know if it's totaled or not.
Appraiser thinks it's not and so do I.
I already got some parts from AF1 and the valve cover is on its way. $43, I'm loving this!
Dealers want about $150 if I'm correct.
The only thing that I will need from a dealer is the oil cooler housing...
Since Ridershill is no more, I don't who I'll get it from, maybe Red Ember in Daytona? We will see.
I'll fix the CARC deep gauges myself
Back to top Go down
opc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
opc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:46 am

DungeonMaster wrote:
I'm a little late but,

Sorry about that DM. Hope you heal quickly and are back on the road soon!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:53 am

It's a goddamned epidemic! Mad

Got a message from Pete (Street) that some doofus turned left right in front of him yesterday morning and he had to lay his beloved GRiSO down but couldn't avoid the crash. He's banged up, but nothing's broken. Don't know how well the GRiSO fared, hopefully it will survive to menace again.

"I never saw you..." Mad Mad Mad

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
GNORTS
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
GNORTS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:46 pm

Steak wrote:
It's a goddamned epidemic!  Mad

Got a message from Pete (Street) that some doofus turned left right in front of him yesterday morning and he had to lay his beloved GRiSO down but couldn't avoid the crash.  He's banged up, but nothing's broken.  Don't know how well the GRiSO fared, hopefully it will survive to menace again.

"I never saw you..." Mad Mad Mad

Well, that sucks.

Pete is sending everybody else good wishes and then he gets creamed himself.

Street, I hope you're OK!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:03 pm

Damn!! It is an epidemic!
GRiSO made us strong...none of us broke any bones.
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:25 pm

I Had a little mishap shortly after I purchased my GRiSO. I was entering a notorious  intersection when a car started, failing to give me the right of way. If I hadn't been on guard we would have met mid-door.
As it was, the rear came around at near stop and down we went. (Fresh pavement didn't help matters)
The other driver stopped and exclaimed that she DIDN'T SEE ME! I guess the GRiSO has a super power!
Fortunately damage to the bike was limited to a holed valve cover. I can't believe how thin they are!
I have since installed Stucchi engine guards, while this is not a cost or weight savings measure, (Valve cover and plastic bling were under $40 )I could only imagine what a royal PITA a similar fall would be if I were a long way from home. It is amazing what a mess a small hole can make on a short ride back to the garage.
I hope the injured list does not grow and wish a speedy recovery to all. Best, Hank
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:00 pm

With full knowledge of the wave of GRiSO's hitting the deck lately, I bravely went out on another attempt at logging the Agostini Black X. Also, an opportunity to try the Kaoko. Kaoko worked as advertised. Tick.
Not happy with bar-end all that way out there attached to the Stelvio bar weight. It's sooo far away from me. So far away, I just can't see have to move my head too far. Grr. Non-tick. Need to rethink mirrors.

..oh well, onto the logging. Open wee tank bag to switch start recording...oops, no SD cad in PL-1. Left SD card at Beetle Manor. Grrrr.

Race home with sweat run running down face. It's 0800 and it's already 33 degrees. Finish mirror reconfiguration Version Eleventy Two. Look at the mirrors on workbench. Gee, what a cluster. I have a motorcycle mirror fetish. It's now 36 degrees. Bugger this, it's too hot. Temp brushed 40 this afternoon. Who'd want to live here? Maybe tomoz.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next