GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+89
Hacky
MrGPz
H-E-ROSS
GNORTS
Laker
MrBob
nev
king Rich
paulbrice
derby
Cereal KLR
pensieromalvagio
Andy in NZ
bahamazoo
Lemppari
supercoyote
cbxtc6
Lenz9753
WCB
Daves-i-Know
KevinEmpire
jexmatex
diedel
ruzellio
Earl of Portchester
HLMiskelly
MalG
little750
wardentm
handyandy
opc
Blue
keenerkeen07
Guzzi Cat
eric2186
fredfrenzy
LBC Tenni
motomonster
WAKEY
Phang
Bill Hagan
Tassiedevil71
bioman
Josh.C
mark111
blue thunder
Oz1200Guzzi
joecool
Fissionmaker
jomartijr
Chaipaval
Ralf z
Trknomo
sidrat
Guzzi Two Shoes
Conor W
NorthernProducer
Grisodude
Wet Coaster
The Saint
waterbottle
Converted Duc
Birch
beetle
Canyon Carver
Grisonut
rboe
Ad B
tocino
Enzo the baker
pokeyjoe
Street
Steak
DungeonMaster
GHTE
Gr8V
f-man
Omnis
Tolle09
Triman023
CPB
Pete Roper
Tod.
wyno
Overholt13
Guzziboy66
plantboy
Charlie J
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:25 am

These would be a solution for you Mark...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It simply offset the mounting spot of your OEM mirrors.
Not cheap at all but I'm sure you can find another brand cheaper than PUIG.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:13 am

I renstalled the OEM's, but angled the mounts for a lower profile. It's buffeting that bugs me, which you don't get with bar-ends. I've slipped them in between the master cylinders and the controls. Lever length is good, because I have the long standard levers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Whether I can see anything or not, remains to be seen. Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:29 am

Well here's my sad story, another case of "I NEVER EVEN SAW YOU!"

CRASH REPORT – Dec. 17, 2015 8:20 am

GRiSO Rosso Goes Down for the Final Time

Less than a year and a half from my first-ever motorcycle accident in the remote Canadian Yukon in July of 2014, I've gone down again and this time, sad to say, I'm afraid the GRiSO Rosso is toast. On Thursday this week I was headed to a meeting downtown and barely made it four blocks from home before the trip came to a tragic,  screeching end. Heading west on Michigan Street at about thirty miles per hour in the rain, an oncoming car made a sudden left-hand turn directly in front of me (the driver claimed he never saw me). I had no hope of stopping - I grabbed some brake, shouted NOOO! and down I went. The bike went sliding forward on its left side and impacted the passenger side of the car about midway between the front and rear wheels ripping a long gash in the car and flattening its right rear tire. Fortunately, the driver continued his turn as I went sliding and tumbling past the rear of the vehicle and finally came to a stop about thirty feet down the road. I jumped up and ran back to the bike, hit the kill switch and a couple of guys appeared out  of nowhere to help me right the bike and get it off the street. I guess I was in a bit of shock, it all happened so fast. My hands were shaking and I suddenly became aware of a sharp pain in my left shoulder and later my left hip.

The good news is that the driver stuck around and is insured. The bad news is that I have a partial shoulder separation, a bruised hip, and a totaled GRiSO. The damage to the bike is extensive owing mostly to its impact with the moving car. The front forks and right-hand brake rotor are bent, the steering head is broken, front fender shattered, foot pegs sheared off, luggage rack distorted and left-hand cylinder head ground down. Aside from the pain in my shoulder, I'm really bummed out about the bike. I ended up walking home and Greg Field and Shane Lowe, another friend and neighbor went back with me to help load the broken Guzzi into the back of my pick-up. I called Dave Richardson and took the bike straight up to Moto International for a full evaluation – as I suspected, Micha declared it D.O.A., a total loss. With the damage to the front end, in all likelihood the frame is also bent. I can't tell you how sad I am about the bike. It's my favorite thing I've ever owned and I had put close to 50,000 miles on it. Once the insurance is settled, I will find another, but I have a deep sense of loss over this one.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:57 am

Fuck!

Sympathies for your loss. Glad your OK, but look after yourself and heal well.
What a frakkin shame. Sad

People will say 'it's just a machine', but we blokes can get attached to our bikes. I'm pleased the guy hung around. Makes the aftermath less frustrating, if that's even possible.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:00 am

Shit, sorry to hear of all the GRiSO carnage to your bike Street and all the others!! Good to be able to walk away though.

Small margins between a minor and major smash! Hope ye all make a quick recovery and get sorted with Grisos
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:11 am

What a bugger, both of you. Glad the hear you walked (staggered) away. Sympathetic twinges in shoulders & ribs - I trust your physical recoveries are smooth & uneventful.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:42 am

Really sorry to hear this Pete. Grab all the recoverable bits off it, (Fairing etc.) and if there is a hint of a silver lining? Well you can grab a roller 8V to replace it.

Pete
Back to top Go down
GNORTS
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
GNORTS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:33 am

Pete, that is so sad, what a shame. I saw you recently and you professed your love for that red beauty and your hope to ride until you wore it out. Instead, your loyal steed is reduced to a twisted wreck in a heartbeat. If it happened to mine, I'd be heartsick. Maybe the best you can do is tell yourself you just wore it out a little sooner than expected.

Mend yourself quickly, friend, and look forward to your next GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:38 am

Street first i am glad your ok for the most part , i have been riding for 45 years and crashed out several times but never totaled out a bike , close but i was lucky enough to pull the bikes back together again..but i do know how it feels to see your bike turn into crap , they become your friend and a part of you and of past adventures ..
Over the years i have had many bikes , some meant more to me than others and one i still have, it will be my last bike to me its irreplaceable.
Your GRiSO is gone ,if there is a part of it that is special to you it can become art, as you are an artist or you can use it as a piece of your new ride .
I have done so on retired bikes and for me it keeps the bike alive in a way as a reminder of roads past.
chin up
Keener

Last edited by keenerkeen07 on Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:12 pm

Really sorry to hear that, Street. The silver-lining is that you are going to live to ride another GRiSO

on another day down the road. Things could've been much worse, no?  All in all it sounds like

you were very lucky to just stand up and walk away. I'm sure all forum members mourn he loss

of your GRiSO, but I'm sure glad we're not mourning the loss of you!

Hope 2016 brings you a nice new ride....
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:27 pm

Shit! What a pisser. Glad you aren't more banged up. You had a good run with that one. Not many in the US had a GRiSO as long as you. I like Keener's idea of putting some bit of the departed on your new one. Mend up quick and get back in the saddle of another GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:58 pm

Finally foune some time to go for a ride, its been really wet here but the temperature has been spring like; so took her out yesterday, 15 degrees centigrade and dry roads, on the 18th December FFS!!

its funny that if i dont ride her for a while i always end up thrashing her!!! and go through that time when i notice all the good things and bad things about her all over again.
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:12 am

Street...so sorry to hear of another GRiSO/rider accident. Glad you will recover and sad to see your "baby" totaled. Heal quickly and start shopping for a new replacement.
Back to top Go down
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Guzziboy66

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:55 am

Damn Street. Glad your relatively OK. Heal well.

Eric
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:31 pm

Thanks everybody for the kind words. I really was pretty lucky and I'm very optimistic for a quick and full recovery. My shoulder already feels better today than I would have expected after just three days, I just hope I don't have to go to war with the guy's insurance company. Assuming the bike will be declared a total loss I'll take off all the bits I've added, fairing, risers, luggage racks etc. and fit them to the GRiSO Rosso's replacement. I doubt this one will be reparable, but if it doesn't cost me too much to keep it I might try to do that so Greg will have a lot of usable parts for Pinko. Stay tuned and for fuck's sake, STAY SAFE!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:03 pm

Just caught this one, Sorry to hear Street, and DM. Mend quickly Neutral
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:24 pm

Bella is ready to go back on the road, but you guys are scaring me. This is not a good Guzzi xmas.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:54 pm

wot's been done Wayne?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:00 pm

He's probably filled the frame with bloody helium! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:44 pm

Hydrogen gives more bang for your buck.

'bout 4 months ago I lost my custom rear guard along with number plate and light. Mr. Plod was none too fussed but let me go when I produced photos on my phone.

In the process of redesign I decided a set of mounts for K-Drive saddle bags wouldn't go astray as I will, one day, attend a Cabal. $500 later I figured a muffler remount was needed so the left bag wasn't hanging 3' out in the breeze. Cut up my exhaust and mounted the mufflers up high and tucked in with about 5mm clearance to the tyre. Bags fitted symmetrically. Ok.

Needed a new mid pipe, booked it in with my exhaust guy. A one day job took him 4 weeks but it only cost me a bag of coffee and $50. That delay meant I missed my early Dec appointment with a fabricator to make a new rear guard with frenched in tail light. His work schedule has blown out to Feb. Quoted me $1350.

Meanwhile as well as new glasses it looks like a need a pair of prescription sunnies with graduated lenses .......................... $1000.

So I've got a 6" strip LED tail/brake/turn stuck to me rear frame loop, will bodge a number plate bracket under that with no rear guard or plate light. But at last I will ride it.
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:57 pm

Bugger. I bent mine two years ago, took out my RH clavicle (still a bit messed up - too bad you can't bolt on new bits like you can a bike). Steve fixed the GRiSO up - but you guys are making me think I should stay off of her until the new year!

Hope you all heal up just fine and bikes are fixed or replaced to your satisfaction.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:21 pm

Heather and I are going on a little road trip starting tomorrow (Xmas day) to Casterton. It's just near the Victoria/ South Oz border for you guys overseas. (You'll need a map). It'll be the first big trip for her on her Honda CB500x and I've just finished putting Hepco and Becker pannier racks on it. The G is loaded like I've never loaded it before with tent, sleeping bags, clothes, tools (just in case) and food. It's supposed to be 36 celcius tomorrow and 17 on Boxing day, but that's what it's like in the south of Oz. Beautiful one day, frickin cold the next. Hopefully we'll survive the weather and the idiot car drivers and I'll be able to tell you all how the G coped with it all.
Have a safe and happy Christmas everbody.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:33 pm

Ride safe!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:43 am

I'm riding the 1100 today, fuck it.
I'm able to raise my right arm to handle bar level so I'm good. Thumbs Up
You 'all take care...
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:37 am

Thanks Mark. Slight change of plans. The wind is gusting between 40 and 80 kilos per hour, so we've taken everything of the bikes and put it in Heather's car. I'm riding the GRiSO and Heather is driving, but taking her bike gear along so we can still ride around Casterton area. Best of both worlds really, riding the bike and having a support vehicle. LOL. Hot northerly winds and we're headed west. Hope I don't get blown off the road.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next