GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+89
Hacky
MrGPz
H-E-ROSS
GNORTS
Laker
MrBob
nev
king Rich
paulbrice
derby
Cereal KLR
pensieromalvagio
Andy in NZ
bahamazoo
Lemppari
supercoyote
cbxtc6
Lenz9753
WCB
Daves-i-Know
KevinEmpire
jexmatex
diedel
ruzellio
Earl of Portchester
HLMiskelly
MalG
little750
wardentm
handyandy
opc
Blue
keenerkeen07
Guzzi Cat
eric2186
fredfrenzy
LBC Tenni
motomonster
WAKEY
Phang
Bill Hagan
Tassiedevil71
bioman
Josh.C
mark111
blue thunder
Oz1200Guzzi
joecool
Fissionmaker
jomartijr
Chaipaval
Ralf z
Trknomo
sidrat
Guzzi Two Shoes
Conor W
NorthernProducer
Grisodude
Wet Coaster
The Saint
waterbottle
Converted Duc
Birch
beetle
Canyon Carver
Grisonut
rboe
Ad B
tocino
Enzo the baker
pokeyjoe
Street
Steak
DungeonMaster
GHTE
Gr8V
f-man
Omnis
Tolle09
Triman023
CPB
Pete Roper
Tod.
wyno
Overholt13
Guzziboy66
plantboy
Charlie J
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:21 pm

Well I got up earlyish today and went for a 120km jaunt around some of my local roads. Really very pleasant, temperature around 22*C and little traffic on most of the roads. Clouds had been building in the north west and forecast was for thunderstorms so I kept an eye open.

Just got back to Bungendore and had time for a quick ale and the heavens opened! GRiSO is parked up and the rest of the day will be consumed by sloth, (Again!)! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:26 pm

cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:18 pm

My knee and thigh stayed DAMN sore for two weeks. Finally feeling like the ice cube of soreness started melting
Gotta make sure the right valve cover gasket isn't leaking.
Going to ride my 2003 Cali 1100 this weekend. After the freeze warms up.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:40 pm

Fitted up my Christmas presents today, mirrors, Ram phone holder, oil cooler cover and Carc protector
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:09 am

Took a ride yesterday to take advantage of the 70 degree weather (21c), which is 40 (16c) above average. Crazy.

Here's hoping that el Nino, after giving the Eastern U.S. such a mild fall / winter, doesn't throw a tantrum in 2016 Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:35 pm

I did a little Carbon Offset reduction, rotated my wheels by burning 20 liters of fossil fuel up and down the Oxley.

I feel better now.
Back to top Go down
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
CPB

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:25 am

waterbottle wrote:
Fitted up my Christmas presents today, mirrors, Ram phone holder, oil cooler cover and Carc protector

Liking those bar end mirrors. Where'd you get them? How do they work?

Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:17 pm

CPB wrote:

Liking those bar end mirrors.  Where'd you get them?  How do they work?

Mirrors are off Ebay, about $40 aust. made in china Shocked but seem reasonable quality, Black anodised alloy, blue tint mirrors Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:44 am

Street wrote:
Thanks everybody for the kind words. I really was pretty lucky and I'm very optimistic for a quick and full recovery. My shoulder already feels better today than I would have expected after just three days, I just hope I don't have to go to war with the guy's insurance company. Assuming the bike will be declared a total loss I'll take off all the bits I've added, fairing, risers, luggage racks etc. and fit them to the GRiSO Rosso's replacement. I doubt this one will be reparable, but if it doesn't cost me too much to keep it I might try to do that so Greg will have a lot of usable parts for Pinko. Stay tuned and for fuck's sake, STAY SAFE!

Just caught this Pete and had to peg back on the thread to see the pictures and read the account of what happened. Obviously gutted for you and the loss of not 'just' a bike but something you had built a relationship with over those 50,000 smiles.

It is amazing how the old adrenaline cuts in and you get up from the road to get to the bike as quickly as you can. Glad you are not too beat up yourself and try and refrain from going back over the accident too many times as sometimes shit happens and given weather, road positioning, and speed, there is nothing you could have changed at all!

Positive thoughts sent and best wishes to you.
Ian.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:06 pm

An early morning ride today, very Green here at the moment , a quick stop for a suspension adjustment.
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:18 pm

Went for a New Year's Day ride. A little chilly now that normal weather has returned. santa
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:23 pm

waterbottle wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That's about the best perspective I've seen yet on the Coppa Rosso!  A great looking GRiSO for sure...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:56 pm

Spent Christmas to NYears riding the Anza Borrego desert and San Diego County backcountry.  Great runs if a bit chilly this time of year

Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:05 pm

All was great until I hit some black-ice coming down Palomar Mountain east grade... 25mph dump.  Snapped the shift pivot bolt, ground the head block down, scrapped the exhaust cover, mirror etc.  Worst is cracked the rear seat cover - that may be expensive.    My helmet has big chunk out but my leathers held up pretty well.     The guy in front of me ona BMW RT did much worse - ground through his head, dumped oil and destroyed his right faring.    I could ride back in 3rd gear.

I'm sore and bruised but walking and riding...

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:28 pm

Shit! Another one! Be careful out there.

pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:08 pm

Great pics! Right up until the banged up GRiSO. Glad you're OK.

Guys and gals, this rash of 'GRiSO dropping' has to stop! Shocked

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:10 pm

Tempted to take the 650L to breakfast tomorrow - to prevent the GRiSO from taking another nap on the road. Sad
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:17 pm

Perhaps being a bit paranoid due to this recent string of 'Offs' I took it extra gentle this morning on my 'Loop' I use on holiday weekends. Bugger me if a sodding great Eastern Grey come hopping out in front of me. We're jinxed! I missed it thank whoever but of course if I'd been riding at my usual spirited pace I wouldn't of been anywhere near it! Very Happy

Let's face it, all we can really do is try our best to stay safe. A lot of it is pure chance. And of course a huge dose of stupidity on the part of a lot of other road users.

Pete
Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:12 pm

Pete Roper wrote:

Let's face it, all we can really do is try our best to stay safe. A lot of it is pure chance. And of course a huge dose of stupidity on the part of a lot of other road users.

Pete

In this case, I was coming downhill from Mount Palomar in fairly low speed switchbacks .   A truck coming towards me signaled slowdown...I went down to 25 and when I came around the curve I see two guys up head picking up a trashed BMW RT. I tap the brake to pull in to the turnout to help and *BAM* the bike disappears from under me.  I hit the same patch of blackice that brought down  he BMW.   I might not of gone down if I hadn't hit the brake.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:47 pm

Good you slowed down and the damage was minor. I had a lot of experience on ice when I was a kid back in Iowa. Getting across it without going down is mostly a matter of dumb luck. Nice pics. Palomar is one of my favorite rides.
Back to top Go down
nev
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
nev

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:58 am

l[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

found this old tank been used for land clearing in the past

each small siding has its own history .

Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:09 pm

We rode to an improptu Guzzi breakfast this morning. We left in 28 degrees F (-2C) for the 80 miles to the rendezvous spot. Great little classic Diner Car.

We took the long way home and ended up riding about 200 miles today. By the time we got home it was a balmy 42 degrees F.

Only 4 of us rode bikes to the breakfast. Jacquie on the GRiSO, me on the Stelvio, our friend Bud on his awesome 2 stroke Aprilia 125 RS, and another GRiSO guy on his older Triumph Trophy. There was a total of 10 in attendance today and it was fun getting out for a nice January ride. Who knows how many more of these dry days we're going to get. Tomorrow's ride into work is looking like it's going to be 8 degrees F (-13C). Thankfully, it looks like just a short Arctic blast.

Great day.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:57 pm

Brrr! silent

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:09 pm

How much more ass can Jacquie kick??? Bravo to both of you!

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:46 pm

beetle wrote:
Brrr!  silent

Yes.

And darn impressive ... for near lunacy!   Shocked  Very Happy  cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next